Chosen Your A-levels?

nb88

Maths is different. GCSE is sorta of possibly usable. But Integration is an absolute pile of shit. Then you learn how to do it the other way. Which is Fannyation or something useless. We didn't get to do Mechanics the only thing I wanted to do which was f**king excellent.

You are cool.

Yes, calculus is useless.

*sigh*

I started with:

Physics

Electronics

ICT

Cisco (computer networking)

But i dropped ICT becasue the course work was a right BITCH. Way too much to do.

Failing physics, passing electronics with A's. And only aiming to get half way through the cisco corse, but u still get a certifiation.

Next year i am doing maths, AS and A2 in one year. And i'll probabaly be doing physics again.

(Y)

Edited by JT!

Well I sent in my form for september saying I wanted to do;

Maths

Physics

Resistant Materials

Photography

But I might change RM for Sports Science because I'm good at that. (I got A* in my GCSE mocks). Doubtful I will change it though, it's not particularly useful just fun, wich is why I'm taking photography, for fun, and because you need an art based subject for Architecture and Civil Engineering at uni, which is my ultimate goal...

Edited by Haz

I'm thinking of:

A Science, (Probably the one i do best with at GCSE but probably Physics as I'm best at it. Not sure yet though)

Graphic Technology

Physical Education / Sports Studies

Media Studies or Photography.

Not really clear on many of them.

Need to do a science i think. Maths and English aren't my favourite subjects at all!

Graphics in Tech is awsome and i'm defo doing that. I'm really interested in Photography but not sure weather my schools 6th form will be doing it for me which is a bummer (Y)

Media studies sounds ok but can't take it to A level so it means that i'd have to stay with my other 3 choices after AS :(

ICT's ok but it's on Pc's which kinda does my head in. Got 98% in my Key Stage Level 1 exam though....

Ah man, so many of you choosing ICT! Don't do it. I've wasted 2 very valuable years doing that crap - it's both unenjoyable and tedious - and is also looked upon as a 'mickey mouse' subject by most respectable Uni's.

And even though this is so old... Maths and Physics is like the best combo to take. As someone's said, they go hand in hand with each other. The help to Physics from Maths is obvious, but if you study Mechanics in Maths, you notice how it's pretty much exactly what you do in Physics at some point. So that's nice. Plus they're seen as respectable subjects, which earns you crucial browny points during the UCAS applications.

Good luck anyway for the exams coming up and whatever.

Ah man, so many of you choosing ICT! Don't do it. I've wasted 2 very valuable years doing that crap - it's both unenjoyable and tedious - and is also looked upon as a 'mickey mouse' subject by most respectable Uni's.

Couldnt agree more (Y) . And to make it even worse, i have a rubbish teacher. Will be dropping it after AS but i wish i took maths or something.

Is it an AVCE ICT course you took? If so, dropping at the end of the year is a really shit thing to do because AVCE's are generally delt with as 2 year courses. So you'll effectively only complete half the course - which is basically shit. But then, if you continue with it next year, chances are you'll be reading up on different suicide methods - because it gets oh so much boring. Lose-lose situation, m'afraids. (Y)

Unless you actually do good in it, in which case at least you can walk away with some decent UCAS points in the sack.

And even though this is so old... Maths and Physics is like the best combo to take. As someone's said, they go hand in hand with each other. The help to Physics from Maths is obvious, but if you study Mechanics in Maths, you notice how it's pretty much exactly what you do in Physics at some point. So that's nice. Plus they're seen as respectable subjects, which earns you crucial browny points during the UCAS applications.

Good luck anyway for the exams coming up and whatever.

I'm really glad someone said that, I was getting all worried as all these people were doing bloody computers! OOOH and I've chosen Physics and Maths YAY! I'm looking forward to it now that can't be right :( (Y)

I was gonna do Physics and Maths but i'm abit shitty at maths and i'm struggeling in Set 3 of 6 at my Grammar school but it's still mega hard :wub:

Got a shit-ass Low C for Mock too, but didn't revise to not Toooooo bad i guess :-

Thanking about:

Graphics

Critical Thinking

A Science

PE

now :)

I was gonna do Physics and Maths but i'm abit shitty at maths and i'm struggeling in Set 3 of 6 at my Grammar school but it's still mega hard :wub:

Got a shit-ass Low C for Mock too, but didn't revise to not Toooooo bad i guess :-

Thanking about:

Graphics

Critical Thinking

A Science

PE

now :)

I do Maths and I got a C at GCSE. But my teacher says I should of got an A* but meh C will do me.

Is it an AVCE ICT course you took? If so, dropping at the end of the year is a really shit thing to do because AVCE's are generally delt with as 2 year courses. So you'll effectively only complete half the course - which is basically shit. But then, if you continue with it next year, chances are you'll be reading up on different suicide methods - because it gets oh so much boring. Lose-lose situation, m'afraids. :wub:

Unless you actually do good in it, in which case at least you can walk away with some decent UCAS points in the sack.

ot sure to be honest.

I think i'll do well in it, as its quite easy (at the moment anyway). Its just so repetitive, especially the coursework. Its really really simple stuff that isnt interesting, and you just have to write about every detail, very annoying!

Physics is pretty good so far though, and im liking biology even though i just chose it because i couldnt think of anything else to take.

I struggled at a level due to a certain teacher teaching us the wrong thing for ict.

The whole year failed and we all had to re take as ict which is a lot of work.

I got depressed gave up on school then decided i should do some work.

Got a's in my ict after spending 12weeks solid bunking off school getting them finished.

fell behind in maths so spent ages getting back on track to ind i had neglected my geograpghy and ict.

My grades suffered.

I ended up with

Maths d

Geography c

ICT c

I have hated my school ever since and refuse to have anything to do with them and i went to a grammer school.

Psychology

English Literature

Law

Environmental Science

Hey tom, u going to bexhill college? know if your in yet?

Woop, hopefully going to be doing:

Physics

Maths

Photography

Film Studies

I cant wait, will be great if i get into all my subjects, damn the college being a million times over subscribed.

I do:

Media :lol:

Photography :P

IT :D

Graphics :D

I love media and photography just IT is soooooo sh*t! Just a load of balls! I dont know why I ever chose it! Loads of people seem to be doing IT...good luck :P

All have coursework to be due in 5 weeks time! For all four subjects! God im doomed!

Rob :P