Pad Reviews

Mark W

Read my review on the LGM's. The wear life is awesome! Im still using the same set from three months ago.

Im sure someone is telling fibs about the CRM's or their grind was as rough as a dogs ass! 2mm in a day... Ill ride with that guy! He sounds like a machine!

to be fair my crm have worn a substantial amount on a dead grind for what 3 days riding. lgm will be ordering thursday. still a awsome brake mine you.

Sometimes pads DO wear down fast at the start. Phat pads did it, once they've bedded in it'll be fine and the wear life will improve.

The material has completely gone now, but the backings seem to have good hold and bite. ^_^

I have CRV’s & they have lasted for years. Hardly any wear when used on a medium grind. I have a review a few pages back.

To see those CRM’s shredded like that is silly. Never ever drag your brake on a ground rim. Be prepared for extreme pad wear if you do.

Pads: Phatpads in Heatsink Backings

Time used: Couple of months

Rim used: Echo 07

Grind: Medium Harsh

Ceraminc: No

Brake used: 05 Magura, Cnc Echo Lever, Water bleed

What is your opinion of a working brake: Great hold and bite, amazing noise

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Amazing

Review: Never had such a good brake, Hold on my Plaz were abit better but these pads are still really good. Have such amazing bite and hold, even on a dead grind bite is still amazing but hold is abit worse. I was running them at Dj ride in the heavy rain and they still had the same performance as they would in the dry :) Can't wait to get my set in the Phat backings.

10/10 for these pads :)

Pads: Plazmatic Ltd's on Powerpad backings.

Time used: 10-15 rides ( 40 Hours ).

Rim used: Standard Mission rim.

Grind: No Grind.

Brake used: 05+ Magura Hs33, Magura Royal blood , Echo 4 bolt booster.

What is your opinion of a working brake: Lot's of Bite in warm and cold conditions a bit squeeky when wet or damp.

Review: Good pad on smooth rim's not yet tried on Grind, Good for most weather condition's.

just noticed ive become a full member so this is my first post somewhere apart from new members section. thanks admin!!

Pads: heatsink yellows in cnc backings

Time used: 2 rides , about 10 hours

Rim used: tryall

Grind: ' same day as pads arrived' fresh medium grind

Brake used:rear hs33 ,water bleed , no booster, tensile offset mounts

What is your opinion of a working brake: not to bothered about alot of bite but need to hold really well, and have a half decent wet weather performance

Review: so far not to good, it took about 10 mins for the pads to start screaming at me which is always a good sign , however about an hour later they started to hold good but not great, easily slipping. and they aint changed since. im hoping they will either improve after a few more hours , which if not then i may try a booster,but theres not alot of flex anyway. but i must also mention im pushing 18 stone so im a big lad. my koxx browns which are now upfront hold alot lot better. ill update this thread in a couple weeks time to see what happens!!

edit: well ive been out a couple mor times now and the pads have finally started performing better. they are stupidly loud and the bite has remained very good. the hold that was not there has gotten about as good as my koxx browns were so its more trust worthy now. it pissed it down last night and my rim was soaked but they kept on biting pretty good. overall the best pad ive used up to now but im looking into the other heatsink pads now as i want more hold as im a big lad.

Edited by peggysue

• 3 weeks later...

Pads:Heatsink Yellows, CNC backings

Time used: about a month, riding 4/5 days a week. about 4 hours a day

Rim used: rear monty 221 Ti

Grind: medium sharp

Ceraminc:No

Brake used: standard 05 maggie

What is your opinion of a working brake: good bite, good hold, good bleed

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Amazing. Used to use TNN CRMs, Koxx Browns, Rockman blues...

Review: Got them second hand, maybe 3/4 pad left. Soon as I fitted them, dragged down a hill, then just the usual street. Have to say, they performed better than TNNs did. Louder, more bite, similar hold. Slipped once or twice, applied a little bit of tar, they were perfect.

Wear life is good... about half a pad left on one side. On the other... Didn't set the ad up square and it wore at an angle... about 2mm Left at the bottom :L

Overall one of the best pads I've used...

• 4 weeks later...

Pads: rock blue pads

Time used: 4 months

Rim used: mavic with a harsh grind

Grind: Yes

Brake used: Magura 20th aniversary (rear)

What is your opinion of a working brake: reliable all the time with a perfect bite, not to sharp just right so you can get the feel of it.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: amazing pads, since i satarted using them there seems to literally no wear ! and i ride alot and they get used a-lot.

Review: Buy these, perfect all round, goood price for what they are, they will last you ages !

Pads: rock green pads

Time used: 1 day

Rim used: Try-All

Grind: No, smooth as a baby's bottom

Brake used: Magura 2004 style

What is your opinion of a working brake: feels nice, good bite and great hold so far

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: amazing pads, but I've only used magura blacks :$

Review: Nice pads, reasonable price, will have to see about wear though

Pads: rock green pads

Time used: 1 day

Rim used: Try-All

Grind: No, smooth as a baby's bottom

Brake used: Magura 2004 style

What is your opinion of a working brake: feels nice, good bite and great hold so far

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: amazing pads, but I've only used magura blacks :$

Review: Nice pads, reasonable price, will have to see about wear though

Nothing will wear on a smooth rim.

Pads: Koxx blues in cnc backings.

Time used: 2weeks

Rim used: revell

Grind: Yes and no, I'll give more info

Ceraminc: no

Brake used: Magura/V

What is your opinion of a working brake:Amazing hold, amazing bite, amading wet weather pads.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Compared to the onza citrus, out of this world.

Review:Well, I first started on smooth rim, where the bite was insane, hold was pretty good. This was on a smoothened down rim. Then tried hem on a light to medium grind and they really showed what they are made of (no they did wear stupidly quick:P). In my opinion, they work just aqswell in the pissing rain as they do in dry weather; if not, better. With the aparted to 2 bolt zoo! booster I have the hold is imense and I wouldn't look for any other pad. :)

Koxx Blues ARE the best pads ever made. Only pad I've used that's performed amazingly/the same in all weather.

Truth! my koxx browns must be over 2 year old now and still got plenty of meat left in them, amazing hold rain or dry (Y)

Best brake i had by far I think!