Pad Reviews

Mark W

Finally run out of material on your cousts?

You should get the same again. They were mental!

Got bored the other day and decided to put new pads on lol.

Would put Cousts back on but there worn at a gay angle and i dont fancy buying a new set of pads when i have quite a few sitting here at home lol.

Smooth rim soon though so pads will last years at a time :)

Got bored the other day and decided to put new pads on lol.

Would put Cousts back on but there worn at a gay angle and i dont fancy buying a new set of pads when i have quite a few sitting here at home lol.

Smooth rim soon though so pads will last years at a time :)

Cool. I'm thinking about getting a grind. So might be changing my pads. >_<

But then again, it is nearing summer now, so maybe no need. :ermm:

Pads: TNN CRM in TNN CNC backings

Time used: just got em (about 2-3 hours solid ride)

Rim used: 24" 24 Bicycles Y.M.I.A.B. LT

Grind: NOPE

Ceraminc: NO

Brake used: Magura HS33

What is your opinion of a working brake: good modulation, holds like a silly bitch when needed

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: used roc greens, same bite, much better hold.

Review: yes they are that good. I noticed a difference even without them bed in yet! Compound is spot on, can only get better on a light grind but im not gonna bother, its better setup than other grinds ive rode. Took them on a 2hr ride tonight and 1. Bite is very, very sweet 2. Holds unbeliveaby well. Rocs i needed to squeeze quite firmly to get them to hold well but these, hardly any effort at all. 3. Shit they are loud!!!! I thought my roc greens squeeled, these put them to shame.

Also when holding they feel much firmer on the lever bc of the cnc backings, and they look real sweet too. Yeh u can cut a block of aluminium up to suit but this is like a work of art in comparison, and nice detail with the engraved logo. Gussets do a good job of keeping the strength up while shedding even more weight. Good on you Lee, mighty fine product. 4 thumbs up (counting 2 big toes as thumbs here)

Edited by Sethgun

On my 04 maggies,

I found having Rock blue pads on a smooth rim and tar doesnt work very good :(

But having a grind with the Rock blue pads works good with or with out tar (Y) with a booster though!

On the front of my bike I have a tryall rim drilled sidewalls on Plazz pads, With or with out tar it works amazing I only put tar on it so every one can hear me haha !

But after all I would say the PLazz pads are much better then rock blues.

Pads: Onza Pro Series

Time used: Just over a week(maybe hour a day? And all day today)

Rim used: 19" Try-All

Grind: No

Ceraminc: No

Brake used: Magura 05+ with 2 finger maggie blade and a Trialtech booster(not carbon, if that makes any difference?)

What is your opinion of a working brake: Responds quickly when you pull the lever, holds and bites very well

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Amazing!

Review: I have been using these new Onza pro series pads for just over a week. My rim does not currently have a grind, but these pads hold really well. I used them at a comp today and found that they provided a better performance overall than the old pads(magura blacks, lol) that I have been using at previous ones. I have only used them in the dry so far so can't comment about their performance in the wet.

Jake :)

Pads: Yellow Koxx Crocos

Time used: For one Comp

Rim used: Echo Urban

Grind: Fresh Medium

Previous pads: Heatsink Coust Cnc, Heatsink Red Cnc, Heatsink Yellow Cnc, Heatsink White Cnc, PhatPads Cnc, Zoo Pads, Old Plaz Pads, Echo Pads, Gu Pads, Rock Blues, Heatsink Blueberrys, Heatsink Blueberrys Cnc, Koxx Browns, Koxx Bloxx Reds, Greens, Blues, Yellows, Atomz, Onza Citrus, Magura Blacks, You name it ive tried it.

Brake used: 05 HS33, 4-Finger blade, Plastic TPA, Try-all 2 bolt booster, Magura Mounts, Yellow Koxx Crocos.

What is your opinion of a working brake: Never slipping hold, instant bite and lock, as quite a lot of noise, but not so much it hurts your ears.

Review: Awsome Pads, Put them on a pretty worn grind, They slipped a few times but had little noise and bite, Boshed a fresh medium grind on and there performance doubled, Nice noise and bite, Perfect hold.

• Like 1

Pads: Yellow Plazmatic

Time used: 3 months

Rim used: try all

Grind: heavy grind worn and fresh

Previous pads: Koxx browns - plazmatic

Brake used: 05 HS33, gu lever.

What is your opinion of a working brake: Bites and locks always.

Review:Good pads, keep the grind fresh for best performance.

Where can I get some more?

TNN CRM pads:

Right, rode these for about 6 hours today, so will give my first impressions.

Set up: Deng CNC lever, Echo blade, Magura cylinders, water bleed, standard hose. On a Yaabaa with a Try-All booster and standard magura mounts.

Rim: Try-All, medium fairly unsharp grind, partially covered in horse shit/dust combo from the other day, was rolling on Koxx browns which had amazing hold but not much bite on this set up.

Whacked them on, and wore them in dragging the brake down a hill for a bit, straight to the most horrible, pointy, shitty rocks I know of.

The bite and noise was pretty amazing, almost straight out the box. These are seriously loud and have really good bite. Hold was pretty good straight away, not as good as koxx browns but only slipped on very cambered rocks trying to hop up them.

After riding with them for a few hours, they wore in a bit, and the bite and noise got better/louder. Moved onto street shit and there was no slippage at all, really good stuff.

If you don't like noisy brakes, don't buy these. They have amazing sound and bite, and very good hold. They're also really stiff due to the lovely backings.

Definately worth the price so far, again will update on wear rates and all that later.

they would work to an extent, but it would be pretty wank! Give them a ground rim any day.

Yeah they work great on my echo rim then but the try-all on and they were pants ground the rim but there must be sumthing. Wrong with the disc because i cant get it good. Lewis

Ok, so just cant figer out what pad im gonna get for my vees. Im placing a tarty order, so something that they have preferably. im using really crappy rear vees on a mod with a really dead grind. I ride in dry and wet, and i want bite, but not much noise. I have cnc backings, so any hs33 pad will work too.

Thanks alot

Ok, so just cant figer out what pad im gonna get for my vees. Im placing a tarty order, so something that they have preferably. im using really crappy rear vees on a mod with a really dead grind. I ride in dry and wet, and i want bite, but not much noise. I have cnc backings, so any hs33 pad will work too.

Thanks alot

inspired pads are good with a light/dead grind (Y)

Pads: Croco Yellow in heatsink CNC

Time used: About 2 weeks

Rim used: Trialtech Undrilled

Grind: Medium/deadish grind

Previous pads: Koxx browns, koxx blues, koxx greens, old plazzies, rock greens, rock blues. The list goes on...

Brake used: 04 Magura, standard hose, water bleed, heatsink CNC backings, 06 pitbull frame.

What is your opinion of a working brake: Great bite, good hold and a lovely loud honk.

Review: Set them up as square to the rim as possible, and within a few minutes they were absolutely stupidly good! The noise is like none I've heard! After 2 weeks, the little fuckers snapped the pin off of my magura piston! Seriously recommended! LOVE THEM!

Pads: Heatsink coust in heatsink cnc backings

Time used: 1 hour

Rim used: zhi rim

Grind: Medium/hash grind

Previous pads: Koxx browns, phat pads, zoo pads, old plazzies, rock pads both types,heatsink snowies,heatsink reds,onza citrus,meta pads,magura blacks,koolstop and koxx reds

Brake used: 08 magura,standard hose,water bleed and trialtech carbon booster.

What is your opinion of a working brake: good bite and good hold.

Review:So put them on set them up then went riding the bite is not great but that is because of the booster i recon.

The hold is amazing dont slip at all not even in the wet,and they dont make any noise (Y)

Then i thought i would take the booster off to just see the difference..........amazing bite and very loud but not very good hold so the booster went back on :lol:

Edited by crispyboy

Pads: TNN CRM's

Time used: 1 day

Rim used: Onza standard undrilled

Grind: Fresh Medium

Previous pads: Magura Blacks, Onza Limes and Heatsink Snowy's

Brake used: 05 five magura, water bleed, standard hosing.

What is your opinion of a working brake: good bite, great hold and loud.

Review: Wow, these pads are so so soooooo good! I got a fresh grind and put them on. As soon as I went out they were amazing. With them not even bed in yet. The bite is fantastic! The hold is excellent and they are very loud! The backings are super stiff aswell making it feel awesome at the lever. I'm not sure about wear life yet as I have only used them for a day but will update in a month or so.

Definately recommended! (Y)

It's strange reading reviews about the CRM PADS pads been REALLY LOUD. When I'm using them there pretty quite. Anyone else got quite TNN CRM'S??

Haha. Mine are on a fresh grind with no tar. I suppose it could depend on the brake set-up.

I like loud brakes and these are just awesome. :)

Thanks again.

Phat pads, Smooth rim with tar bite and hold very well, even in the wet at dj ride they were working enough so i could ride they held on alot but not right on the edge, but this is smooth rim im talking about in the wet ha.

very happy with them in the dry expecially.

tried them with a grind aswell work justas good but slipped more :S maybe my bleed is just really bad ha