Coustellier Mk2

mehukatti

Maybe making the downtube butch, seeing as it seems to dent pretty easily? Or are they staying focussed and sorta thinking "Well, really, we're making it for us to win stuff on" and not sorta trying to cater for the mass trials market?

The thing is is that they're a pretty small company (not a huge corporation or whatever, unless they're kinda syndicated by someone) so having to design, research, develop a new frame added to the tooling costs, prototyping and so on, it'd just bankrupt them or drive frame prices bitchin' high.

If I was to get an alternativ to a Coust frame I would get the Pitbull purly because I wouldnt want a King headset sitting around, if I didnt have such an expensive headset I would get the T-Rex as its just as good and cheaper (Y)

I think alot of people base their desicion on what parts they have and what frame would cost the least amount of money if new parts were needed to use it.

Which is probably why people are put off it. As Adam said, people are tarts...and think more money=better part.

Not that I'm one of those people  (Y)

Ow well count me out, I bought my monty becasue Chai had one and it lasted him ages, it was cheap so I bought one, dont regret it.

Now I bought an echo over the zoo and koxx due to cost.

If I was to get an alternativ to a Coust frame I would get the Pitbull purly because I wouldnt want a King headset sitting around, if I didnt have such an expensive headset I would get the T-Rex as its just as good and cheaper  (Y)

Just wondering but why would you buy a pitbull as the alternative frame from a coust because the geo of them 2 frames is quite different eg: bb height, wheelbase, headangle. Onza is the only frame i no of that has nearly similar geo :-

chris

Just wondering but why would you buy a pitbull as the alternative frame from a coust because the geo of them 2 frames is quite different eg: bb height, wheelbase, headangle. Onza is the only frame i no of that has nearly similar geo (Y)

chris

It might have slightly different geo but it was originally based on the Coust and its like £100 cheaper. The geo is different in all fairness but I wouldnt want to spend £515 on a coust frame when you can get something with very similar geo and looks very similar as well (until they bought out the 2005 version) for £100 less.

Some people would rather have a frame that rides the same though, rather than something that rides totally different  (Y)

Im not saying they wont but I personally would buy a Pitbull because it would be cheaper for me to build up. Others might find the Onza cheaper to build up. If you read my original post it says something like "most people would buy which frame would be cheaper to build".

Think of it differently, youve got a king rear wheel and its got a 12mm bolt through axle, you want to buy a new frame and the frame only takes QR. You wouldnt go and but a whole new king wheel to fit into the frame you would buy a frame with 12mm dropouts.

I wouldnt go and buy a new headset, wider bb etc to save £100 odd on a frame by buying an Onza over the Zoo. If you see what Im saying, (confiused myself abit)

Yeah, I getcha. You've got £100+ worth of parts now, but if you get the Onza they won't be compatible and you'll have to buy more parts, so the cost of those as well as the frame equals about the same as the Pitbull frame. Plus, you want to use your current parts anyway...

well i own a coust and i love the way it rides, however the downtube is too easily dented, but it weighs less than the others ( i think), i wouldnt fork out 500 for another frame, so if mine goes i think i will be buying the t-rex, its a good bike which is stronger than the coust. I rode dw@hulltrials' rex and it felt nice, and if u get the right components on it then it can be nice and light.

also just buy the king perdido headset if ur that bothered about the internal headset. Sell the king you already own and buy a new perdido then u get the quality you want.

but i think there werre rumours about the mk2 haveing a heftier downtube to resist the denting, however you must be a hard rider to snap one ( no offence meant). I have a feeling that because of the size of coust, they will ave probllems affording a mk2

meh my opinion

cheers

ben

i think mk2 should have the following improvements, too:

- overal better quality (no cheese bb shell, no loose bits inside the frame, etc.)

- slightly thicker head tube where the heaset cups go in

- make the seat and chainstays less dentable too (i haven't bashed my down tube)

- add more cnc machined bits or improve the old ones (mostly for looks)

- replace the current yellow/red horrible graphics

- make it 1900-2000g (maybe a bit difficult with the reinforcements?)