Video Comp

Nick Garland

Hi,

Last year the video comp was abit rushed and people only had about two week to get filming and stuff. I was just having a chat with some mates and though, "ooh its near the vid comp time" and though that I would start a topic about it.

Be helpful if we had abit more time to make a video IMO. So erm post any comments in here .

I say, let it run all spring or all summer. Gives people a lot more time than last year (as in: yeah, i agree with you) and me a decent chance of getting any riding done, 'cos it's snowy outside. And cold.

I'd enter if it was closer to the summer, or actually during the summer. Because I might get some interesting footage together int summer.

I say, let it run all spring or all summer. Gives people a lot more time than last year (as in: yeah, i agree with you) and me a decent chance of getting any riding done, 'cos it's snowy outside. And cold.

I'd enter if it was closer to the summer, or actually during the summer. Because I might get some interesting footage together int summer.

When is it summer over in sweden?

Great idea . The previous one was somewhat hastily organised , and even then the entries were excellent . It produced some of the best footage I'd ever seen , reflecting the U.K scene .Are those entries still available for download anywhere ? Hope there's a lot of interest this time round , can't wait to see people's entries.

Sounds good to me, I'll enter. Im making a vid, not gonna be a winner and prob not gonna be good cause most of the people on the forum rock compaired to me but i'll give it a try. I think all vids should be in some time nearer summer to give everybody body a fightin chance of gettin good ridin done.cause i dunno if im the onli one but im a fair weather rider and at the mo not allot of ridin goes down! so nearer summer would be good. Can anybody enter this comp and is there going to be diff catagorys, Best Vid,Best Editing,Most creative vid & the Prestigous (typo) Life time achivment award........ :P oh sorri wrong type of award there :"> lol just messing, but i think there should be a few diff catagorys that you get marked on, i.e Editing, Vid quality (riding). Also is this going to be a fair judged comp and not pin the gold medal on the rider that has the narliest moves and clears like 40ft drop gaps,That brings me back to the diff catagorys you could win,it then allows other people to get noticed maybe not for there huge moves but for there style or eiditin skills.

Sorry to blab on, was just a few ideas. i don't know how clear i made that :P sorri i confuse myself to!

..::CoxXy::..

Sounds good to me, I'll enter. Im making a vid, not gonna be a winner and prob not gonna be good cause most of the people on the forum rock compaired to me but i'll give it a try. I think all vids should be in some time nearer summer to give everybody body a fightin chance of gettin good ridin done.cause i dunno if im the onli one but im a fair weather rider and at the mo not allot of ridin goes down! so nearer summer would be good. Can anybody enter this comp and is there going to be diff catagorys, Best Vid,Best Editing,Most creative vid & the Prestigous (typo) Life time achivment award........ :P  oh sorri wrong type of award there  :">  lol just messing, but i think there should be a few diff catagorys that you get marked on, i.e Editing, Vid quality (riding). Also is this going to be a fair judged comp and not pin the gold medal on the rider that has the narliest moves and clears like 40ft drop gaps,That brings me back to the diff catagorys you could win,it then allows other people to get noticed maybe not for there huge moves but for there style or eiditin skills.

Sorry to blab on, was just a few ideas. i don't know how clear i made that  :P  sorri i confuse myself to!

..::CoxXy::..

Nah. I *hope* that it will be like last years, and you vote for what you think is the best vid. No specific reason needed. :P

Yeah, summer one sounds good.

We all know there's going to be a vid comp, just not *official* yet, so there's no reason why people can't start filming now/soon, and then not complain that they've not had enough notice. :P

Mike.

We all know there's going to be a vid comp, just not *official* yet,

Lol do we? Ive put exactly no thought into it yet personally - but why not :P We should be able to get some decent prizes nowadays. There was one company I remember who offered us some pretty cool stuff, but it was a bit late last year - ill ask them again and hope for the best :)

Last year, IMO, it was unfair the way it was done.. basically the best riders won. Expanding on Koxxys idea, 4 categories or something (best natural, best street,editing and origonality or something), no rounds or anything. All videos entered into each category, video with most votes from each gets prizes. No video takes 2 prizes. Very simple.. and then there wont be any 'rounds' nonsense which made it last for what seemed like eternity last year.

I don't think koxxy's idea is a bad one but surely the best video is the best video overall?

course you'll get people voting for craig just because it's craig and the moves are huge...but i've seen videos with the best riding in (hermance etc) which are totally bollocks and bore me to death, yet videos with things at ground level that could keep me interested for ages so i'd vote for that.

as long as you make it clear it's the best overall video i think last years worked well (apart from i was against nick g in the first round :P lol)

I don't think koxxy's idea is a bad one but surely the best video is the best video overall?

course you'll get people voting for craig just because it's craig and the moves are huge...but i've seen videos with the best riding in (hermance etc) which are totally bollocks and bore me to death, yet videos with things at ground level that could keep me interested for ages so i'd vote for that.

as long as you make it clear it's the best overall video i think last years worked well (apart from i was against nick g in the first round :) lol)

Hmm.. but why should the best 3 riders win? Its should be about getting people out and riding, and getting as many new vids out as possible from people who might not otherwise try. The best riders will still win the best street/natural competitions (probably) - but someone of lesser ability who makes a nicely edited video is still in with a chance.. seems like a much fairer way than last year.

Last year people were saying it was unfair the way it was done then.. this year the opposite, cant win :P

Hmm.. but why should the best 3 riders win? Its should be about getting people out and riding, and getting as many new vids out as possible from people who might not otherwise try. The best riders will still win the best street/natural competitions (probably) - but someone of lesser ability who makes a nicely edited video is still in with a chance.. seems like a much fairer way than last year.

Last year people were saying it was unfair the way it was done then.. this year the opposite, cant win :)

hmmm ye. see what you mean. you're assuming people will vote for the best riders because they're the best riders..i was just sayin this isn't always the case.

doesn't bother me either way i'll probs enter don't even care about winning just gives me an excuse to get off my ass and make a video :P

I just think that having 4 sections of the comp might be a bit sorta... not fiddly, but it's just a bit excessive? 'cos the thing is is that if you're worried about the 'best riders' winning it'll still happen? 'cos if, to use an earlier example, CLS puts out a natural vid, the CLS legion will vote for that so it'll win that. Equally, it'll probably win in the other categories? It's not the system that's at fault, it's people blindly voting for their favourite rider as opposed to their favourite video, so no matter how many categories you make it'll still be like that?

Either way, kudos to sorting it out anyway. Hopefully 'cos the forum's even bigger and people have more financial interest in the site (with the banners 'n' all), it'll mean there'll be a nice set of prizes :)

Mark.

I say keep it the same way with rounds, but only have 4 rounds, so if theres alot of entries then its one big final in the end.

Also if you had 1 week for the first round so people can get all the videos, then have 2 days for the remaining 3 rounds, so it would last under 2 weeks.

I just think that having 4 sections of the comp might be a bit sorta... not fiddly, but it's just a bit excessive?  'cos the thing is is that if you're worried about the 'best riders' winning it'll still happen?  'cos if, to use an earlier example, CLS puts out a natural vid, the CLS legion will vote for that so it'll win that.  Equally, it'll probably win in the other categories?  It's not the system that's at fault, it's people blindly voting for their favourite rider as opposed to their favourite video, so no matter how many categories you make it'll still be like that?

Either way, kudos to sorting it out anyway.  Hopefully 'cos the forum's even bigger and people have more financial interest in the site (with the banners 'n' all), it'll mean there'll be a nice set of prizes :P

Mark.

Nah, in this case, CLS wouldnt win them all, read the post up a bit - no person to win 2 categories, it would go to the person with the next highest amount of votes in that cat :)

People can make the vid for what they want to win though. If people like street then they can aim to win the street bit, but also edit it up a bit to get a chance at the editing one aswell. The naturalists who think its unfair that a decent street vid will probably get more votes than a decent natural vid also have a reason to enter. Could even be smaller prizes for funniest vid or something stupid..

Its all a long way away anyway.. way.. and I guess a poll will decide what sort of comp it will be in the end :S