Maxxis Tyres!

Corish

I got my Creepy Crawler rear tyre from SuperCycles today (would've got the pair, but couldn't afford it...).

I got the minx on and at first wasn't super impressed. Then I let some air out and went riding.

Shit. Me. They're amazingly grippy. Not in the "slow you down when you're pedalling" way some people seemed to have experienced here, but when you gap or whatever it's just... it's hard to explain, but it just feels like it's "There". It really does feel properly good. Gapping to stuff and landing a bit low and it just staying there is well reassuring. Feels like the first time I got decent Magura pads and I didn't have to ride as well 'cos they just held :huh:

I really recommend these tyres. They're properly amazing, and I'm definitely going to get another set...

Mark.

Not really :) That'd be like making effort :D Plus the only things I could colour code would be my Maguras, and I can't be arsed with that.

Although new Maguras would be good...

Shit, here we go again :huh:

I think it's new stem time soon maybe, but to be fair, it's mostly working OK now. But in the last month I've spend about double what I've spent on my bike in the last 4 months before it :P It's treating me well now though :o Letting me do decent sized gaps and stuff now without trying to make itself kill me by skipping or snapping...

EDIT: Pics :huh:

gallery_91_37_52287.jpg

The big grey balloon itself.

gallery_91_37_66323.jpg

Almost colour co-ordinated anyway, you b*****d...

Not really :D  That'd be like making effort :P  Plus the only things I could colour code would be my Maguras, and I can't be arsed with that.

Although new Maguras would be good...

Shit, here we go again :o

I think it's new stem time soon maybe, but to be fair, it's mostly working OK now.  But in the last month I've spend about double what I've spent on my bike in the last 4 months before it :P  It's treating me well now though :)  Letting me do decent sized gaps and stuff now without trying to make itself kill me by skipping or snapping...

EDIT:  Pics :huh:

gallery_91_37_52287.jpg

The big grey balloon itself.

gallery_91_37_66323.jpg

Almost colour co-ordinated anyway, you b*****d...

That bike's like an old pair of shoes, sure they may not look nice and new, but they're realy comfortable, and feel right.

:huh:

Edited by JT!

Haha, nicest put-down I've had about my bike :huh: Better than Corish's "you bikes shite nad so are you t-poooooooooo with blue forks" :huh:

Nah, with a blue Magura on the back it might look half-way presentable :">

Either way, on topic - Maxxis; yay!

Speaking of, my front Maxxis tyre's about to explode through the sidewall in a pretty dramatic way too, which is poop. Anyone know if the front Creepy Crawlers are as good as the rear for general usage?

Haha, nicest put-down I've had about my bike :o  Better than Corish's "you bikes shite nad so are you  t-poooooooooo with blue forks" :huh:

Nah, with a blue Magura on the back it might look half-way presentable :">

Either way, on topic - Maxxis; yay!

Speaking of, my front Maxxis tyre's about to explode through the sidewall in a pretty dramatic way too, which is poop.  Anyone know if the front Creepy Crawlers are as good as the rear for general usage?

hahahahaha... it did look poo with the blue forks though. looks better like that but i aint a fan of them stupid stickers on the rim :huh:

by the way thats a 20" wheel, the last pic where it on the stand.

oh for god sake sorry this is corish again

Edited by scotty-trials