What To Buy

Nick Garland

Hey, Ive got absolutly no idea what to get my g/f for her birthday.

I was thinking of getting her some jewelery but she already has loads (not as in pikie bling bling, pure gold stuff). She already has loads of handbags and stuff which was another thing I though I could get her.

What things have you bought your g/f's that they have loved? What shall I buy?

Thanks for the help. Probaboly buy her a bunch of roses, chocolates and then take her out for a meal. I got her a teddy with a heart saying "I Love You" for valentines, she doesnt need two. As for the suggestion of that rabbit thing, just no, she isnt into the whole do it herself thing, she gets me to do it :- I do have a purpose in life.

How much are you willing to spend?

You say she already has jewellery, but does she have anything particularly special? I got my girlfriend a Tiffany & Co necklace for her 18th, it cost just under £100 but she seems to love it to bits. She hasn't taken it off in a year and a half so I take that as a good sign.

If money's short then have a word with her parents and see if there's something that doesn't cost the Earth that she's been after for years. That way you've used your initiative, put a lot of thought into it and got her something special.

Let us know your budget and maybe we can come up with some better ideas. When's her birthday?

We will never be replaced by 6 inch plastic lovers. A vibrator is not attached to a living, breathing, thinking man, and women have this strange theory that sex is an emotional - as well as a physical experience. :-

Joel

i thought it was cos they needed us to change the batteries on aformentioned toys.??

buy her a chris king hub, if she dont like it, at least it wont go to waste :)

nah, just be creative,buy something thats romantic but not too soppy, chocolates are good and cheap.so you can add them to make it look like more.

large teddies are ok, but hiding them in the house for a few days is very awkward.

stay away from clothes,youll get the wrong ones.films and haagen daas go down well.(soppy girly films, not jurassic pork or charlies anals.)

a friend of mine proposed , and said "i dont have a ring,so all i can give you is my heart" all the girls thought it was adorable. i on the other hand thought he was just a tight fisted b*****d

"hey bird, what do you want for your birthday you pain in the arse bird to buy for"

...... she'll have no trouble listing a page of stuff.

or go to town shoppin an she won't be able to help but mention all the things she'd love to buy. then you just choose which ones to get her the next day.

john

Buy her some lingerie :closedeyes: Trip to la senza £25-30 sorted :P and theres even something in it for you :)

Exactly!! do what danny says :P

This is what i did for my gal for christmas:

Made a box out of card and carefully covered it in gold wrapping paper. Lined the box with red tissue paper...

Next i got her some very sexy but not slutty lingere form ann summers and layed this neatly in the bottom of the box. Then i got her some of her favourite chocs (Lindt Red chocs) and scattered them losely on top of the lingere... Next a bottle of perfume (Kenzo Flower) layed nesseling in the chocs, and to finish it off a red rose diagonally across the top of everything. Looked amazing. :)

Cost £68 in total and was worth it. Just seeing the look on her face was payment enough... not to mention what followed :P :P

If you go for a similar idea, make sure you do a home made box, just adds to the effect and is more personal :- and make sure any chocs used are individually wrapped cos if they melt or just get the other stuff sticky it just aint romantic!!!

Anyway, good luck and go for it :)

Phil

How much are you willing to spend?

You say she already has jewellery, but does she have anything particularly special? I got my girlfriend a Tiffany & Co necklace for her 18th, it cost just under £100 but she seems to love it to bits. She hasn't taken it off in a year and a half so I take that as a good sign.

If money's short then have a word with her parents and see if there's something that doesn't cost the Earth that she's been after for years. That way you've used your initiative, put a lot of thought into it and got her something special.

Let us know your budget and maybe we can come up with some better ideas. When's her birthday?

Ill spend up to £50 ish, she hasnt taken the ring or necklace she wears off for like 2 years. So no point in new jewelery.

buy her a chris king hub, if she dont like it, at least it wont go to waste

I think I tried that for X-mas

Do all the romantic things like chocs, meal and teddy but get her something useful aswell like an mp3 player or something.

She has got an MP3 Player already. Annoying I know.

"hey bird, what do you want for your birthday you pain in the arse bird to buy for"

......  she'll have no trouble listing a page of stuff.

or go to town shoppin an she won't be able to help but mention all the things she'd love to buy. then you just choose which ones to get her the next day.

john

I tried this as well something more along the lines of "Ill sepdn £50 so can I have some ideas?" the reply was "er oooh I dunno Ill tell you tomorrow" that was a week ago.

Buy her some lingerie  Trip to la senza £25-30 sorted  and theres even something in it for you

Already done that. Aye there was something in it for me :)" Spose it could be worth doing again :)

This is what i did for my gal for christmas:

Made a box out of card and carefully covered it in gold wrapping paper. Lined the box with red tissue paper...

Next i got her some very sexy but not slutty lingere form ann summers and layed this neatly in the bottom of the box. Then i got her some of her favourite chocs (Lindt Red chocs) and scattered them losely on top of the lingere... Next a bottle of perfume (Kenzo Flower) layed nesseling in the chocs, and to finish it off a red rose diagonally across the top of everything. Looked amazing.  :closedeyes:

Cost £68 in total and was worth it. Just seeing the look on her face was payment enough... not to mention what followed  :P  :)

If you go for a similar idea, make sure you do a home made box, just adds to the effect and is more personal  :P and make sure any chocs used are individually wrapped cos if they melt or just get the other stuff sticky it just aint romantic!!!

Anyway, good luck and go for it  :P

Phil

Hmmmm something like that might be doable. Deffinatly lots of ideas, so glad TF is aroud I would be pretty screwed otherwise my mates have though of all the ideas I have had.

Ill let you know how it goes, maybe if I get her laungery I might be persuaded to slip a few copies about :-"

Don't buy f**king underwear. Buying a girl lingerie is really not a present for her now is it. Even if she does honestly appreciate it (and isn't just, as is far more likely, being nice about it) it's such a f**king horrible cliche it should be avoided like the plague.

I'm also failing to see why her jewellery being "pure gold" means it's not "pikie [sic] bling bling" - I always thought "pikie [sic] bling bling" was by definiton gold (sure, most of it's probably 9ct, which is far from 'pure', but I doubt by 'pure' you meant purely 24ct ), but I guess that's just my perception on things.

Really, you should know what your partner wants for a present. No-one on here is ever going to be able to suggest anything worthwhile, because they don't know your girlfriend (and if they do you should be asking them in person, not on an open forum).

Strange as it may seem to some people the female of the species aren't all the same, they all have individual tastes, just as us (for the majority on here) males do.

The best way to buy a present for someone is to pay attention to them, listen to the things they like, learn their style, passions and hobbies. Then the perfect gift should be obvious. I always think it's a good idea to put something of yourself into a present as well, make it something you appreciate. That way you're more likely to get something especially nice, and not just a run of the mill thing they sort of appreciate.

You probably shouldn't listen to me though, not only am I embittered, drunk and prematurely age'd, but I agonise far too much over every present I have to buy for someone I care about.

not only am I embittered, drunk and prematurely age'd,

And pretty damn right I would say.

I don't really like the cliche'd ''all girls like these presents' but they can often work if you are just after a bit of humping with a random girl. With a real girlfriend though, as you said, a bit more thought should go into it.

Joel