Hope Mini Trial Disc Owners

matt_urban

ok i want everyone that has on to leave a little feedback on problems or what you like about the brake !

if you dont own one please dont reply :P

ok i will start got mine few weeks after it became avalable put it on and doh full of air ! so gave it a bleed and it worked ! not a good start ! feels mushy but works oh so well very powerfull ! down side is the cracking noise coming from pads being half round and a bad fit :(

so

:D power and looks

:P feel and noise

Edited by matt_urban

superb brake, grippy in all conditions, best disc brake i have ever used, that is my honest opinion, i havent found any faults with it yet.

as an opinion i wish hope would change the mini lever because its not the nicest to feel and if it gets scratched can be very painful

anyway other than that its perfect, good for moves to front wheel and it looks cool

cheers

ben

Must say I also like mine - great lever feel (a bit softer than, say, a C2 or Magura - which ive found to allow me to modulate it better), ooodles of power (although im a fatty and gone for a 205 rotor :(" ), very light, same Hope machining quality as always.

Ive not found the pad movement to be a problem at all while riding, too busy concentrating on other stuff!

Matt - have you had your fork mounts faced?

Adam

i know what you mean about the lever, the blades feel uncomfy to me and i think the resivoir should be seated back a little to keep it out of the way from nasty stacks, im thinking about getting one of these brakes to, the power was awesome when i tried someones so more opinions required :(

My Mono Trial is the shizzzzz! :(

It locks so damn well... bloody grippy... looks minted too!

Although I do have the pad banging thing going on with my brake... but it dosn't seem to bother me that much

So I would truely recommned this brake to any punter... it rocks!!!!! :thumbsup:

Watson

sorry im not posting a review on the hope brake but this is a suggestion:

Has anyone thought about trying/used the dangerboy lever blades? i saw them in mbuk not long back, also saw razor rock ones too-but i think they were hayes specific?

anyway just a suggestion (i agree about mini levers-the blade is comfy-ish but if the lever goes too far back it hits your other fingers and crushed them :( )

sorry im not posting a review on the hope brake but this is a suggestion:

Has anyone thought about trying/used the dangerboy lever blades? i saw them in mbuk not long back, also saw razor rock ones too-but i think they were hayes specific?

anyway just a suggestion (i agree about mini levers-the blade is comfy-ish but if the lever goes too far back it hits your other fingers and crushed them :( )

They those anodised blue ones that are £55 each and look really comfy??

I always liked the feel of the mini lever

Edited by merlin_rider

i have had it for a couple of months now and to be honest when i first got it i wasnt impressed - hope had forgotten to pun in the seal under th bore cap so as i pumped the lever fluid seeped out. not a good start.

However i soon got that fixed, and the next thing i noticed was the flex in the caliper. while the brake was good and powerful, once the lever locked up it could easily pull a bit further. this was due to the caliper flexing because of the emmense power of the brake. However after a couple of hours riding this got a little better, and soon i was used to the slightly different feel to that of my mini.

Now all i can say is i love this brake, and i would never go back to a normal mini. Very powerful, and great modulation, feel, looks and weight.

Overall a big (Y) for the mono trial

well ive got mine on the rear, and well at the moment its not impressing me, yes the lever is very spongy, And it lacks power but given ive only use it for about 2hours, i can let that slip,

I'm still not used to having no "LOCK" like when i had my coust pads for example, but the brake is improving, i cant wait to try it on some natural!

So far it not earing its keep.

Oooooo braided hose as standard as well :turned:

• 2 years later...

Ive just got the Mono Mini Tials as the standard hope Mini was not powerful enough.

I got the bloke in the shop to set it up, but it felt rubbish and spungy, so I got him to re bleed a further 2 times, but no luck, the lever is still really spungy. Been on a few rides now and no signs of improvement.

Tonight i spent 3 hours re bleeding 4 times, riding, adding fluid, trying everything to improve the bite of the brake. Even tapping the braided hosing in the hope that some random air bubble rises up through the system.

As it stands the lever only really bites hard when the blade is about 1cm from the grip, but when pulled hard, the levr can actually touch the grips. I do do rock climbig and have a strong grip, but i swear this kind of performance is not correct.

I went into my LBS today to feel a set of mini's and M4's and the response i get from them is amazing compared to my crap brake!

Can anyone help, I love the feel of a tight brake setup.

al