How Do You....

Charlotte_P

Rice Krispie Cakes:

Just a silly question but I've been addicted to my college ones recently.

I searched on Google, but some say you melt marshmellow, some say peanut butter, so I don't know.

I don't like nuts, so I wouldn't like nutty stuff. Do you like have to melt choc and add krispies, then put in fridge? I'm a confused little cook. lol :">

Please help. :(

The marshmallows, etc., are mainly just a binding agent to minimize Krispie division rates, to get all tech :P

But yeah, Danny's idea's fine.  Just don't burn the chocolate...

You can't really burn it when you do it in a pan with water. Although I'd say use a microwave to melt the chocolate. That way, there is no chance that you can pour water onto your Rice Krispies (Corn Flakes in my case). Otherwise your cakes are all soft and not very nice, perfect for spackers like me :(

I find that putting the chocolate in a bowl above bowling water works best.

But I think Charlotte_P is referring to something a little more complicated than plain old Rice Krispie buns. I'm guessing that with Marshmallow the end product will be something like Kellogs Rice Krispie squares.

Has any tried Chocolate covered pretzels???? I had a craving for these over Christmas and ended up making quite a few of them.

I wish they still sold these.

*cough. :">

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ndpost&p=484474

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ndpost&p=426436

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ndpost&p=356978

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ndpost&p=293181

Hmmm, anyone spot a trend. (Y)

Yeah, to make the "proper" rice krispie squares, add lots of sugar to a pan, and quite a bit of water, bring to the boil, but don't let it brown, add some marshmellows, melt, and stir in the ricecrispies untill their all evenly coated. Spread into a tin, smooth, and leave in the fridge for a bit. (Y)

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
Get a bar of cooking chocolate,

melt it in a bowl over a pan of boiling water

pour in rice krispies

put in bun cases

sorted :lol:

at least thats how we made em as a kid :lol:

I did exactly what Danny said. They came out good......but.... they weren't chewy enough. Do you think adding syrup next time to them will help?

This is Charlotte_P on andys account

Edited by Andy P

2oz butter or marg

2oz golden syrup

4oz plain chocolate

3oz rice crispies or cornflakes

1oz desicatted coconut (optional)

Place the butter or marg, syrup and chocolate in a pan and stir over low heat until melted. Add the rice crispies and coconut(if you are going to use them) and mix well. Scoop in to cup cakes (knowing you lot you will use muffin cases!) place in the fridge and allow to cool.

These were DJ's favourite kind of cake!!!!! Don't expect them to last long!!!!

Hope this helps.

Love Sue :P :D :D (N)

• 2 years later...
Get a bowl fill with broken chocie wait for it to melt add cocopops and eat hot

FIT!!!!!!

gallery_1997_54_1093963289.jpg

gallery_1997_54_1093964451.jpg

i find the problem with this idea is sometimes you can be waiting, hours, days, years even until the chocolate just melts. i once put some chocolate in a bowl on the kitchen table and waited 3 hours for it to melt but nothing happend.

i find the problem with this idea is sometimes you can be waiting, hours, days, years even until the chocolate just melts. i once put some chocolate in a bowl on the kitchen table and waited 3 hours for it to melt but nothing happend.

get a pan stick it over a flame fill it with water and brake choc down in to a bowl and place over the top.