Bikeshow,

Pauly

Hop Idol final, good bargains. :D

Most of the rest of the riding will be shit as everyone will be knackered!. :P

I'll probably be wondering round on my own on sunday (especially if i don't get into the final), as none of my mates are going then! If you see me, give me a shout. :)

Mike.

im you mate and i will be going on sunday lol

i'm not good enough to go around with you then paul? (Y)

james, matt, stuart and me (james porter) are all going on the saturday aswell. :P

fek didnt no you was goin ben we will talk on msn cause we will meet in brum to go to cov

Pauly

oing aswell, hes got something to show vincent hermance :D

EDIT! why isnt the quote thing working (Y)

Quotes only work if there in twos, if theres a [ QUOTE] there has to be a [ /QUOTE], and vice versa. As you may notice, you have two [ /QUOTE]'s, but only one [ QUOTE].

Thats why :P

PS: We off to bikeshow tommorow, so come say hi if you see us, i like being loved. I know i have Jonny for that, but its nice to have a bit of variety. :)

Right, i'd really like some photos of the trials-course if anyone's got any, so i can start preparing lines for tomorrow!

Anyone been and come back? How was it?

Pics?!

Course is pretty much the same as last year Mike.

Was pretty good, Ashton did a backflip. Frenchies were awesome as always, as well as Slinger and Benito.

Not got any pics, sorry.

Ads

I thought it was really good actually. Probably one of the best I've been to. Nice meeting Jonny Jones and Nick Goddard too. Seemed cool

I thought the riding was pretty immense actually, although the course wasn't up to previous years' standards. Didn't see that backflip coming :) .

Hop Idol was good too. Some good riding from them.

All in all, 'reet good day (Y)

Edit: Sounded like a wanker

Edited by Dave Gill

I didn't think Ot Pi and Co. would look so out-classed though... I think the main thing is is that they got the crowd going a bit, then they'd go for a move. Then, later on, someone else would just do it straight without really bothering to do it (Think: CLS sidehopping to two wheels up the side of the lorry trailer bit :D). It was cool seeing the last demo-jam though; I was at the 4X race and so bored I almost died, and saw Chris R walking past and started speaking to him. Anyway, he told me to go so I scampered off over there and got to see some really cool riding. It was basically "Everyone goes for something burly time". They were going for the gap from the sleepers on top of the lorry onto the top of the high pipe of the "Devil's Stair-case", which was mental. Hermance went first, ballsed it up, then Gilles Coust, Benito and that Spanish Monty 221 rider (it wasn't Cesar Canas, was it?) tried going at it. I think G. Coust got it to bash, then they all pretty much got it to bash, then Gilles nailed it to two wheels. Proper 'shout yourself silly'. Was awesome. Benito also front-hooked up to two wheels (nearly got it to back wheel) up the high pipe near the bit where all the riders were gathered before they did their runs (was like 6ft-ish high). It was a good experience though just 'cos you got to see the top riders actually properly pushing themselves! Kudos to all the riders who went for abubaca on the steps by the skip-stack to fakie pedal grind type thing down the rail. That was pretty special...

Hop Idol was sorta interesting, but seemed a bit drawn out in a way. I think 15 mintues might have been a bit too long, 'cos a lot of the riders seemed pretty pooped by the end, apart from Shrewsbury when he was going for the "Devil's Staircase" gap line.

Interesting seeing the new frames too; Danny Butler's bike looks a lot nicer in the flesh; the new ZOO! frames on the Selectbikes stand looked pretty rinky dink; was... well... "interesting" seeing Akkers and Hawziee's new bikes - just that sorta stuff.

Simon Tabron was doing some big ol' airs on Vert, which made up for the guy who just did about 2 minutes of doing back-to-back double peg grinds on the coping. Didn't get to see much "BMX Park" (I hate that name...), more's the pity. I walked past after we blagged getting into the side entrance there, and it looked pretty cool, but I had to scoot off 'cos someone I was with was waiting for me somewhere, and the tool didn't answer his phone (Y)

All in all, it was different, I suppose. I wouldn't say bad 'cos I came away having had a pretty good time, and with about £250s-worth of stuff; most of which has been attached to my bike apart from the Control booster (it was me talking to you about fitting the Control booster onto a mod Phil, and it was my friend Simon who got the Team stem and blagged those grips...), which is being a b*****d. I don't really want to file it, but it's taking the piss, as well as nearly stripping the threads on my top bolts of my 4-bolt mounts, but that's another funtastic story.

Built my first wheel tonight with my brand spank-me new Try-All front rim, avec Try-All front tyre. The front end of my bike is pretty damn light now; with some Echo Team's it'd be well floaty, although I like my proto's too much to let 'em go, but again, that's not for this thread.

As for people I saw from here - most of the James Porter, etc. group who went, Ali C (who couldn't :P), and some other forum randomers, especially the awesome Ben Lee who swapped his 4X ticket with me so I could go in at 3 with my friends :) Top marks to him :D

Stoneleigh was a cool venue in that parking and getting around was fairly OK, but the Show lacked the sort of cohesion it had at the NEC. The 4X track was whack too; we were in the standing bit near the last berm, and could see the 4X just about OK, but the dirt comp was a bit of a mystery to us 'cos we couldn't see through the rafters :D Either way, that King of Dirt was shite to be fair. The riders were doing naff all, and doing it pretty sketchy at the same time. Kudos to them :D

Ah well, c'est la vie I guess. Was a cool day though, if only for the journey there. When you come from the M42 to Stoneleigh, you turn off at 3A to go onto the M40. I told Simon how to do it, but he stuck in the left hand lane, so it was M42 to Birmingham we went. I guided us down this back-road sorta route (the A3400, for those who care :P) so we rejoined the M40 further down.

Unfortunately, we joined it the wrong way, so 10 minutes later we were on the M42 to Birmingham. Got there in the end though, but only after we'd stopped at some services. Bill Field bought one of those cereal and milk pot things, and when I opened my Pepsi it scared him so much he spazzed out and got milk all over his face, but refused to believe it was milk and thought it was me with my coke :P Haven't laughed so hard in a while B)

Mark

Also, In the hop idol, Fatmike snapped his disk mounts ahaha :D, and then Ashton asked everyone for some change and notes etc... and went to x-st and got Fatmike from new forks ahaha  :D How kind (Y) , "What a f**king legend" says Fatmike.

:)

thats what i like about the trials community, coming together to help out a rider in need :D

BMX park was very impressive, Scotty Cranmer Pulled 2 or 3 front flips, aswell as attempting a double tailwhip backflip 3 times, but didn't get it in the end. He's a bit good for 16.

I couldn't work out who it was on the Koxx 26", I'd forgotten Gilles had moved to koxx, makes sense now. Had a good day in all.

Cheers

BMX park was very impressive, Scotty Cranmer Pulled 2 or 3 front flips, aswell as attempting a double tailwhip backflip 3 times, but didn't get it in the end. He's a bit good for 16.

he got the double tailwhip flip on sunday. And a turndown front flip.

He is 19 in november by the way. Still daft though lol.

here is a list of some trickery that i typed in a thread on bmxforum....

dave potato,

over to opposite toothpick 360 half barspin pass,

540 canadian nosepicks on spine, stupidly dialled.

whip to icepick to nosepick to toothpick.

lots more.

Whitton,

massive height,

double whips now,

flip whips now.

Guettler,

720, (regular and opposite), regular on spine too.

back to back in mini flair - 540 - opposite 540 - whip - downside whip.

wallride to flair out of flatbank.

mark webb,

flatbank flair,

540 barspin to disaster,

whip to manual on 5 foot sub,

720's,

whip taps & opposite whip taps.

Paddy Grosse

whip to abubaca to barspin fakie,

barspin to abubaca to barspin in the abubaca to barspin to fakie.

Tobius wicke

flip whip trains too dialled with senad grosic,

540 nosepicks too dialled,

tweaked seat stand can can nosepicks.

Nyquist

massive spine flip to flat

stupid trucks and double trucks with suicides mixed in over spine,

stupid height,

540 barspin disaster on 5 foot sub.

cranmer

1st trick sunday, drop in, superman box backwards, air, double whip.

double tailwhip backflip to ball ride (he took it as landed though, rightly so.)

front flips sooooooo high and perfect both wheels landing sweet.

front flip turndown.

stupid riding, but NEC is much better.

john

mark webb,

flatbank flair,

540 barspin to disaster,

whip to manual on 5 foot sub,

720's,

whip taps & opposite whip taps.

on the wedge/gap up to flat then the quarter with the hitching post ontop.

on sunday :

360 up

flair quarter (basically a bunnyhop flair..was goin real slow!)

tailwhip down

and i was about 2 metres from all this :ermm:

on the wedge/gap up to flat then the quarter with the hitching post ontop.

on sunday :

360 up

flair quarter (basically a bunnyhop flair..was goin real slow!)

tailwhip down

and i was about 2 metres from all this :ermm:

Yer I saw you with your fluffy bunny tee on and I saw that wallride to flair some crazy stuff going on

pinky