Pads, Rimjam V.s Plaz

Tom Booth

Which pads?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which pads?

• Rim Jam Blues
    • Plaz spanish fly's

Right im looking for a pad that does not need a grind or tar, Fed up with grinds, and ran out of tar and cant be bothered to find more. So please vote, but please put a reason, not just because some pro rider uses one of them so they have got to be good! These will be used on a 26" rear if it makes any difference :lol:

Cheers in advanced

Tom

I've not used rimjams, but out of those two, I'd go for them. Mainly, because the Plazmatic Spanish Fly pads are far from perfect on smooth rims. Plazmatic CRM are way better for that. And work better on grinds.

Sorry for mucking up your post, but does anybody know what the rim jam reds are like on a smooth rim??  :P

Thanks  :lol:

Its ok, i've just decided on the rimmies due to the amount of support from this topic, over rule my topic all you want (Y) :-

If your running no tar or grind, you'll want the rimjam reds, as they are the softest.

If you want some tar, look at my sig.

I'm using the blue ones with tar, and they arnt brillient.

:lol:

Edited by JT!

well i have to say i rode some natural today weather wasnt great rocks next to see = v-wet and slippy, and my rim jams were shite. honestly they were bollocks, now i ride rim-jam blues on a grind and in the dry they work amazing so dont tell me my brake isnt set up. i know they hold, but todya they were crap.

i voted null vote because i havent tried the plaz pads.

just my bit of info

ben

i found the red an blue rim jams were bout the same sort of performance.

the main diferance is that the reds feel alot more spongy on the lever(some peopel like this)

id go for the red/ blue rim jams over the spaish flys which arnt that great imo but i used them a gd while back (Y)

atm im runnin koxx yellows on a grind f**kin great i love it

i used some rim jam reds on a smooth rim for about 20 mins they were ok but they felt spongey, really spongey plus i fell off and broke my brake so that was all i got to test them for, rim jam blues ive used for around a week on a worn grind and they are amazingly nice

go rim jam

Ben

Might be worth converting that to a .jpg Chris...

Ive been told by Mr Maher that these are the best thing ever, however he said that about the red ones... so, like Tom said, any proper reviews?

Converted (Y) .

In testing, these pads have been working extremely well on a good ground rim. I personally have been running them on a smooth rim on the front of my bike, and have found them to work well on a smooth rim.

But for the best performance it has to be a good grind with the greens.

:S