.~

Sponge

From what you're saying, it would cause the tube to crack, not the side plate to fall off.

However, the plate is so far from the main stress point (BB shell) that its not an issue.

Another thing - why is a tube less 'dangerous' than that plate? None of the old frames failed at the ends of the seat tubes...

I'd be more worried about the head tube falling off, however, as we all know, this has not happened on any of the 'new breed' Zoo or Echo frames.

and eventually leading to a crack, then leading to the sideplate falling off, then a broken frame....

i never said that bit, all i said was "there is a small point on the sideplate where it is welded,which stress will gather and may cause that bit crack" please get your information right before you post :S

i never said that bit, all i said was "there is a small point on the sideplate where it is welded,which stress will gather and may cause that bit crack" please get your information right before you post  :D

Sounds more like it... it wont cause it to break though :S

Oh ffs why the hell are you predicting where the dam frame is going to crack, just ride the god dam thing and stop being such a girl, of course its going to break, all frames do get over it.

I agree

I think the person who designed those zoo frames know what they're doing.

I personly trust them.

Well, Sam Holmes did encourage me to post this topic, and no I don't want a campaign of Don't buy Zoos!.

Da Mike, I like Zoo! as well, and I want them to keep being produced, because they are awesome bikes. But, guys, seriously what would last longer, a Python 2005 or a Team 2005?

I'll go for the Python regardless of this stuff Dan told me about crack forming on the sideplate. Anyway, I should be getting a brand new Python 2004 or 2005 depneding on what my mum finds in China for about £50-£80 frame only. I even saw an Echo Team bike but with V-brakes and Amoeba parts going for £200 worth. China is the land of trials bargains, hehe, only £50-£80 for a slick Python or a Team come to that.

I agree

I think the person who designed those zoo frames know what they're doing.

I personly trust them.

to be fair though... bill gates wouldnt be rich if microsoft designed windows not to break down every five minutes. If i were a company.. i wouldnt intentionally design a frame to break.. but.. lets face it in the long run it may be worth their while to keep the punters buying new products.

When i say designing to break im talking like a year out of frame at least before it happens. Meh what am i on about actually.

It won't break in less than a year, but after a years worth of bashing, it may want to make you rip you hair out!

to be honest u should be pleased if a trials frame lasted over a year...

and i dont think a python would break within that period either, seeing as there isnt as much leverage at that point to cause a crack.

Considering my hydra which didnt have any gussets lasted me over a year...

and i think u really do need to stop getting people into silly arguements about ur queries. i think you should gather information urself and choose which ever u want to believe.. and stop getting people to question each other when there really isnt any need to.

(been a victim on a smaller scale)

andrew >_<

] Anyway, I should be getting a brand new Python 2004 or 2005 depneding on what my mum finds in China for about £50-£80 frame only. I even saw an Echo Team bike but with V-brakes and Amoeba parts going for £200 worth. China is the land of trials bargains, hehe, only £50-£80 for a slick Python or a Team come to that.

Hmm.

My Mum went to China, and goes regularly and hasn't seen anything to do with trials advertised about there. Also couldn't source any trials retailers in any major cities so i'm surprised you've got your hopes on these.

Also you said what your mum 'finds' so i'm guessing you haven't found out about them yet. You've very little luck. Also Customs will probably try raping you for it.

Has anyone ever snapped a python?

My mate Dannie has ridden my python and is hasn't snapped or cracked, for him, that's astonishing. It must be the strongest bike ever! He's always cracking or snapping bikes these days. >_<

Nick

My mate Dannie has ridden my python and is hasn't snapped or cracked, for him, that's astonishing. It must be the strongest bike ever! He's always cracking or snapping bikes these days. :lol:

So, i think that even if they have a weak point, this weak point is still super strong, and will never break.

looking at the frame design, and being an engineer too (even doing a module in bike frame design :lol:) i would say the place highlighted is no more likely to break than most welds on most frames. The fact that the thin section is welded along, is not really too much of a problem, all the closed ended gussetts you see on frames all over the place is more of a problem than this. If i had one of these frames i wouldnt be worried.

as said a frame that lastes 2 years is ace!

the only problem i would have thought, would be the plates will not let the bike flex and possibly crack under the prssures from that.

VERY MUCH DOUBT THOUGH

ride it, love it, break it, get something else!

Hey

Im not sure that the 05 pythons will crank/snap at that point (Y)"

See'ing though that craig lee scott and yaz ride them Hard and hav'nt snapped cracked them im quessin for a long period of time they will be fine but maybeafter a year maybe more maybe less they might begin to get a bit shakey (if ur a rough rider)

And thatsMY BIKE in the pic :lol: :P :P

Lewis Matthews