'happy Slapping'

Alexx

I don't know if anyone else watched this.

Basically it's a 'craze' sweeping the UK where you just walk upto someone randomly in the street, assault them, then walk off again, while videoing the whole thing. :)

The stuff they do is just plain messed up. Like Knocking people out with bats, punching them to the floor then kicking them in the head (breaking their noses, eye sockets etc), setting fire to people (one guy almost died), Kicking women to the floor, slapping people on busses (bursting their eardrums etc), Punching middle aged guys off their bikes...

They interviewed a few of the kids who do it on the documentary (un-surprisingly enough they were all super-chavs) and they were just laughing about it, like 'yeah, it's dead funny, not me getting hurt'.

There have been over a thousand attacks in the last 6 months :) I know assault is nothing new, but the whole concept of doing it for fun and to upstage others is kinda screwed up.

You can see the kind of stuff these cowards do:

one

two

Apparently the craze hasn't caught on in the USA because in cities where bored teens might carry out the attacks the number of people carrying weapons and guns means they'd more than likely be killed for randomly slapping people, making it not worth the risk, unlike in the UK where the public generally are un-armed.

I saw this on another forum a month or so back but didn't think about it untill i flicked onto that programme tonight.

Man, I hope these pathetic tools just pick on the wrong guy one day... (N)

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....showtopic=55090

Fair amount of talk in new members about it (N)

Edit: Just watched the two of 'em... I don't understand why some people don't stand up to them.... For example the second vid where the chavs slap the bloke on the top floor of the bus near the end... He could have tied them around the posts! Fair enough if you're that emo kiddy with burberry lining on his zip-up hoody thing because being the same size there isn't much you can do... But the big bloke legged it when he could have quite easily disciplined them (i think)...

Oh and alexx i generally don't go in NMC all that much but very occasionally there's something actually worth reading :)

Edited by echobikes

I really hope the police nail those twats who actually admitted doing it on that program. They openly admitted it, and have video evidence of it. Guilty, methinks.

I can't believe townies have stooped this low. I know they're all cowardly hence the going round in groups business, but randomly hitting people (women especially, even OAP's (N)) is just shit. I really hope all the midget townies in town start trying to do that to people.

It's pretty cool really, we've got a very "Anti Chav" town. To put that into context, there's one guy around here who was a bit of a townie twat. To give you an example, he got a crew together and went into town, beat up a pair of old people, then saw someone in a wheelchair so toppled them over, then beat them up.

Anyway, it turned out he picked on the wrong guy, who had a properly hard as nails, partially psychotic brother. Said brother went up to this guy, and ended up grabbing him by the throat and trying to kill him. The Police were called, but were "Unexpectedly detained" in their cars (read: let it carry on), and stepped in when they thought the guy was in real danger of dying. Unfortunately, "The suspect was lost" :) No f**king joke, that actually happened...

So yeah, I just hope they start it here. It makes it sound better really when you get called into the police station because, say, if you felt someone hit you in the head you'd have a right to defend yourself. You wouldn't know that it was just someone messing around, so if you "accidentally" pounded them shitless it would be an "instinctive defensive act", and so on...

I just can't believe they're doing it in the first place.

Some knobs in Liverpool did this to some guy - set him on fire. He got massive burns to his arms/chest and face, he looks a mess. The wankers that did it videoed it and then got arrested, haha. I think they got the book thrown at them - attempted murder for both of them if I remember rightly. No more than they f**king deserve.

Some knobs in Liverpool did this to some guy - set him on fire.  He got massive burns to his arms/chest and face, he looks a mess.  The wankers that did it videoed it and then got arrested, haha.  I think they got the book thrown at them - attempted murder for both of them if I remember rightly.  No more than they f**king deserve.

Yeah they got 6.5 years each, It mention that on that programme.

flipping heck what is the world coming to?!?!

found this the other day sucker punch looks like the US to me i think (dunno though)

so sad, but filmin it really does prove how stupid they are, if they get caught its not really leaving much of an excuse now is it? dumbasses.

its like tamagotchis though, theyll get bored of it soon i hope!

Edited by matthewholdsworth

so sad, but filmin it really does prove how stupid they are, if they get caught its not really leaving much of an excuse now is it? dumbasses.

I remember when some people from TF got done for riding on a car. They only got caught 'cos they put the photos on their website...

"I don't like them at all, very much so."

(N)

Slapping poeple at school is one thing, but (i think i saw in the first vid) people drop kicking girls in the back is another. I couldn't just stand there and watch it.

(N)

Slapping poeple at school is one thing, but (i think i saw in the first vid) people drop kicking girls in the back is another. I couldn't just stand there and watch it.

You should've seen what he put there before I changed it :) Cuss-tastic...

YAY, This is the only reason I would like to see the Conservatives in government for. Less welfare means f**kers like this have to start work and don't doss, and then secondly more police on the beat so they don't get away with it as easily.

Apparently, a majority of these incidents happen on public transport.

Not many of the 4 members of my family who are in the police force spend their beat going round on public transport.

Also, I'm surprised you're even quoting manifesto's seeing as we all know they're virtually 100% bullshit.

Apparently, a majority of these incidents happen on public transport.

Not many of the 4 members of my family who are in the police force spend their beat going round on public transport.

Also, I'm surprised you're even quoting manifesto's seeing as we all know they're virtually 100% bullshit.

They may be bullshit but if they don't do as they say we can complain and if we take it to Europe nowadays, well we win :S

I don't think that would effect it in the slightest.

More coppers on the beat and stricter penalties. Yes it would affect it as they wouldn't be thinking "3 weeks community service in a strip club" but they would be thinking "8 years in jail for hitting someone once"

Yeah, that's fair enough, it's just that it was a bit... er... OTT :S

"f**king die you scummy bastards", for example :P

After reading some stuff in that new members chat, i stand by what i said mark

(the girl who got stripped and made to walk around the school), some people deserve what i said, but if i got this happy slap business, id go f**king ape shit and batter the f**k of of who ever did it, and probly get pounded as well.

Wishing theyd die at the moment.

As above.

I cant see why some people dont fight back, or why people who witness it dont get involved. Fair enough it will be intimidating if there is a large group of them and you are likely to get battered, but even knowing that i cant see myself not fighting back if it happened to me or i witnessed it :S

One of my uni friends witnessed one of them happening on the underground. Some school kids were just staring at some bloke falling asleep , slapped him across the face as they ran out the door. He said the bloke was more in shock to what had happened than wanting to fight back.

I think its definitely something to do with he fact that people just cant understand whats going on. If someone actually wants a fight with you then atleast you know it and can get sort of prepared for it, but with the random slapping and shit its just out of the blue so you get the major shock and instinct is just to get away from the pain which is why most people just walk away... quickly.

Also no one else usually gets involved since nowadays you never know what people are going to be carrying (knives etc.), its always the do gooder that ends up in hospital bleeding all over the place.

Edited by Spacemunkee

i think that all the ones on random people are way out of line....but the ones where they know each other its just fun......me and my mates at college happy slap each other all the time.when its like that its just a laugh but i would never do anything to a random person.

thechink