Bash Gaurd Or No Bash Gaurd?

billocks

hi,

i need some advice... should i have a bash gaurd or not.

many of my mates say that it would help me if i took my bash gaurd off. <_<

the reason being that i would learn to get up more stuff on my back wheel than on my bash. :"> (i dont hardly use my bash that much anyway) :P

can anyone help me dicide wether to keep my bash gaurd on or to take it off?

cheers bill :)

I snapped my bash and had to go without it for a while, im sure its fine if you have a bash ring as well, but it pissed me off so much. I felt restricted because i was scared of hitting my freewheel and denting my frame. Dont do it, unless you have a bashring.

Don't just take it off for the sake of it, take it off it your bashring (i assume you have one, if your don't definalty done take it off) is scraping on your bashplate.

<_<

If you have a bash guard or not its your choice if your gonna backwheel something or go to bash.

In my personal view i believe you will go for higher walls or rocks etc to backwheel because you have the comfort of knowing if anything goes wrong you have your bash to slide back on and take the impact of a fall.

hope i helped you to make the right choice <_<

cheers

josh b

If you have a bash guard or not its your choice if your gonna backwheel something or go to bash.

In my personal view i believe you will go for higher walls or rocks  etc to backwheel because you have the comfort of knowing if anything goes wrong you have your bash to slide back on and take the impact of a fall.

hope i helped you to make the right choice  :P

cheers

josh b

thanx for your help, <_<

ill keep it on.

cheers, bill :)

Edited by billocks

Noooo, take the bashplate off and get an Echo bash ring for your cranks - it's the way forward :P

Yep do what raub says. You won't scratch you frame if you have a ring then will you !

Take it off ! You will improve doing lots more stuff on your back wheel and getting up stuff.

Chris :)

He is riding a mod yeah, in that case leave the damn thing on.

What harms it doing? an extra 100grams or so?

youll feel a lot safer with it on believe me, i ran a megamo equip pro without one for agggeees and it wasnt nice.

If its not causing any problems leave it . and btw hoiw is it gonna make him a better rider taking it off thats bull shit mate :)

Yep do what raub says. You won't scratch you frame if you have a ring then will you !

Take it off ! You will improve doing lots more stuff on your back wheel and getting up stuff.

Chris  :)

yep get it off !!!!!!

i like mods with bashrings not bashplates!!!

wel i dont really like mods, but if your gonna ride 1 then do it in style with a bashRING!!!!

i was told to take it off before for practice, just to make sure you force yourself not to use the bashplate. so if its for that purpose then i guess its up to u, there is the risk though, it just like how some riders would ride without chains for practice.

A bashplate protects a fair bit of the downtube as well as the freewheel/fixed cog/chain. And, you will propably destroy the mounts too if you remove it and fall down or sidehop onto the mounts on the chainstays.

• 1 month later...
leave it on, but cable tie a cupcake to the bottom of it, that way you'll learn not to hit it on walls, and have a tasty reward at the end of a ride.  :)

Pure Genius! i need to try that, but with something along the lines of a mars bar :lol:

Keep it on...Not having a bashplate isn't going to make you "Hardcore"...Having a bashplate is nice, it comforts you knowing that if you mess up you are not going to dent your frame. Everyone messes up - even professionals. Plus there are moves you can do like bash to rear. Or what about competition, if you're allowed to use a bash, why not use it?...it could help you get a better score. Just my two cents, I would leave it on if I we're you.

Ben