British World Round

Team Ashton

I have just been writing a column for the mag about the up coming World Biketrial round in Yorkshire (23rd-24th July) i'm sure everyone on here knows about. In my column i talked about how brilliant it will be if a British rider could take a win in one of the categories on home soil, what will make it special is the legions of British fans with their Union Jacks, air horns, banners and what not.

So basically what i'm trying to say/ask/plead is; if you aren't riding in it, then please still go and support your riders, show our visitors what a great place this is to come and compete and have a great time, because with your support this event will be brilliant.

Cheers,

Martyn.

Yeah, i really wont to go. Isnt it being held at addingham Moorside and the festivity in Skipton?

If my dad wont take me to NASS'05 I deffinatly gonna make him take me there...

Should be awesome, and if a brit wins.....PARTY AT HIS HOUSE (Y)

Scotty

I am really lucky as I live locally to the venue, but even if I lived hundreds of miles away I would still find a way to come and join the fun.

The uk got an email from the european champs organisers saying how nice and poilite all the uk riders were, lets try and set the same example at addingham.

i think it would be great IF all of the brit riders riding there could go up there one day or for a few days and chill out together and really get into the swing of getting along with each other and having a blast. even loads of other people coming too just to get in the trials mood and see how big this event organised by Barbara Wright and Co.

i got asked a question yesterday by someone and was extrmly like "i wish i could" and the response was " you really could!" iv been out with ben savage a couple of times and have to admire how he will set out a few sections and ride them under 2 minutes every time and as clean as possible, that sort of commitment just makes me even more thirsty to ride the Cyclo trials sport!!!!!

Waynio.......................

i even think with it being brought up on this forum by one of i think nearly everyones favourite or idol rider that it will hopefully encourage alot more people to turn up to the event to support the UK riders.

i think guessing the uk rider list as were allowed 40, would maybe be:

Akrigg

Hawzee

Ashton???? come on mart we all want to see you there too!!!well i really would.

Ben Savage

Ben Slinger

Jordi Cook

Gav Bedford

Andrei Burton

Peter Rew

Matt Scriven

Scott Robbens

Jordan Tagg

Chris Light

Chris Leeson

Barry Huskin

Rick Eyre

Chris Walker

Danny Butler??? i know he has been doing the BIU british rounds????may be he'll do world rounds too?

Ali C

Aust Wright

Rob Poyzer

Danny Smith?

Aran Cook?

Ste Petty

The 2 Morgans

Young lad who rides for revell (forgot his name)

who off here does the british rounds??? and did them last year and got good results? as there the people that are popping into my head....who else is wanting to do it too?

i would love to do the world round in england and the others in spain andorra etc etc, but just lack the funds for the abroad rounds, wouldnt mind saving to be able to afford to go next year though.

i think if you look at the list and some of the british talent in that list could easily be a winner especially on home soil.

Waynio..........................

have only named like 20 odd riders and we can have 40!!!

anyway you could ride the sections but it wouldnt be when the world round is on, it would id have thort have been at a later date after the event as finished for example.

Waynio..........................

So the big question i ask is, Martyn will you be riding the world round?????

All the details can be found on the Biketrial uk.co.uk site.

If you dont want to ride but want to help out with observing then camping is free and you get to stay in the same area as all the riders, its usually good watching them practice.

Ben.

Should be an excellent event can' t wait to ride (Y)

Everybody that has been involved up to this point has done a brilliant job.

Does anybody know if the event is going to be advertised in MBUK. Because I really think that would potentially boost the crowds and bring in a none trials community as well.

Chris

I really want to get there Wayne, just trying to fix a few show dates this week to free up the Sunday, i have heard though that MTB is on Saturday (which i definitely can't make) if i can sort the Sunday then i might have to comp it up on a 20-inch for the first time in 10 years. Whatever, i am doing my best to come and be part of it. Wow me on a 20-inch, that really would be comedy worth seeing, i stopped riding them for good reason!

Martyn.

i will DEFF be there !!

helping riding watching laughing smiling,,,ect..

is gonna be great !!!!

!! does anyone know how we can find out if we are riding if we have applied ??

as im very excited..! lol

Will really try and make this, sounds like such a decent event. Although I go to Ibiza on the 8th august so funds will be tight. I will be wanting to ride aswell as watch the top riders, how much of addingham will be free of sections? Will the usual lower rocks be free? And where the hell are these many people gonna camp at addingham?????

i stopped riding them for good reason!

You've still got "bike ridden:mod" in your profile thingy. :) Any particular reason?

Back on topic i'm going to try and make it but my dad's already taking me to NASS this year so it might not happen. I really want to go though, i've never even been to anything like that before. :) :P

Max

You've still got "bike ridden:mod" in your profile thingy. :P Any particular reason?

Back on topic i'm going to try and make it but my dad's already taking me to NASS this year so it might not happen. I really want to go though, i've never even been to anything like that before.  :) :)

Max

i live in skipton and i cant f**king wait. worlds best riders invading town sounds shit hot to me.

the train isnt bad. wang it up to leeds then it is about 50 mins from leeds to skipton where everybody is camping, at the auction mart. about a 10 minute ride from the train station to the auction mart.

closest train station to addingham is steeton and silsden (10 mins on train from skipton).then it is about 3 miles up a fair size hill but im sure you will be able to get a lift.

the drive from the camping area is about 10 mins to addingham.

round the area we also got shipley glen which is well worth a ride. (40 mins on train) there is also leeds, and there are bits of skipton that are ok to ride. ( going to be so depressing seeing lines that i have dream about being nailed by the pros)

any info need about skipton or where to stay or directions and im sure i can help. :P

yes its going to be one awsome event!

i personally hope that this event will get more riders into the natural and competition side of trials as i feel it is decreasing at the mo'.

as for riders i hope all the british team do well and kick some arse, i would be riding myself but as always i cant afford it :)

ill come along and show my suport althou its a 3 hour drive from mine :P"

good luck to all rider sand i hope everyone has a great few days :)