World Biketrial Championship - Addingham

Barbara

I've just been reading the post in trials chat and realise that there's some confusion so thought the details should be confirmed.

NO PRACTICING at the competition venue for one week before the event, but I'm sure some of the top names can be seen around Shipley Glen and Harden Moor for the few days beforehand!

CAMPING - Opens at Skipton Auction Mart on Wednesday 23rd July at 12.00noon.

Free camping is for riders and their families, and for helpers ONLY.

REGISTERING - Riders, minders and all organised helpers MUST register at event control at the auction to receive their free "Pass Card". This entitles them to take part in organised activities, and to enter the competition site free of charge.

HELPERS - more helpers are still needed for time-keeping and score-keeping on sections, and for car-parking - we need your names now, not on the day, that will be too late! You will receive free entry, free camping, free hot drinks and discount on food! Ring me on 07850 505298 to offer help.

COMPETITION ENTRY - The closing date for entry to the competition was 18th May. If you aren't riding in the comp and are just spectating, it isn't advisable to bring your bike - you won't be allowed to ride it!

RIDERS REGISTRATION - at Skipton Auction Mart.

Saturday riders must "sign on" on Friday afternoon between 4.00pm and 6.00pm.

Sunday riders must "sign on" on Saturday afternoon between 4.00pm and 6.00pm.

Riders must bring their ACU card with them to control when signing on. If you don't have an ACU card, there will be a small fee in lieu of insurance.

Riders will be required to complete an ACU entry form at control and, if under 16, will need to bring along someone to sign for them as usual.

Rider MUST bring their BIU licence when signing on.

PARKING - will be in a field near to the Addingham Moorside competition venue.

ENTRY TO THE COMPETITION FIELD - £5.00 - under 14's free. Programmes £2.00

SATURDAY COMPETITION - Riders will be from the 20" Poussin, Benjamin, Minime and Femina classes - starting from 8.30am.

SATURDAY NIGHT - Grand Opening Ceremony and Parade of the countries/teams in Skipton High Street starting at 7.30pm. All UK riders must wear team kit and must take part in the parade - no parade - no ride! Team kit should be collected from Event Control if you've ordered it - if not, contact Matt Tupman urgently (XDream on the forum). IF YOU'RE NOT IN THE TEAM, JUST COME AND GIVE YOUR SUPPORT!!!

SUNDAY COMPETITION - Riders will be from the 20" Cadet, Senior and Elite classes, and the 26" Expert and Master Classes - starting from 8.30am.

SUNDAY NIGHT - again in Skipton High Street at 7.30pm

- Raffle draw - if you haven't bought your tickets yet you can buy them on-line from here, or they'll be for sale at the event

- Presentation of awards

- Closing of the event.

Hope that covers everything - any questions, email me, info@biketrialuk.co.uk

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!

Barbara

Thanks for the info Barbara. I know you guys must be super busy, but I was wondering where the results for the west of england comp on dartmoor have got to?

Thanks again

Rich

As soon as the organisers send them to me - I don't seem to have received them yet! (XDream - can you send them please?)

Just put the Devon national results on-line www.biketrialuk.co.uk

Results, at last.

Good to see some KOXX riders extending their lead in their respective classes.

Back to the main topic;

I think I'm begining to sound like Sir Bob - COME ON! GET ON THE PHONE! - to help out with the World roun that is. If you have been thinking about helping out but have not put your name on the line, please call now. It will take so much pressure off.

Fred

if we're helping on the friday and sunday does that mean we're free to go off and ride somewhere else on the saturday or will we be needed for all the days?

cheers

tom

You could Tom, (but let me know beforehand please) but you'll probably get so caught up in the atmosphere and what's going on that you won't want to!

the atmosphere wasnt all that good at the biu's last year.. i found that the only people watching where either riders themselves observers or minders... i didnt see hardly any of the public.... but i suppose that this can be different... ah well we will see. make sure you give me a report because i wont be attending.. im in germany for the uci german champs...

ive also seen that fred savage has put an entry in for the uci europeans the week after in belgium.. this clashes with a biu world round... and surely if the savages have entered for the world round.. they must ride that because after all that is the reason danny got banned all those years ago.. ( going to ride a uci competition when hed said he would ride a biu comp) ah well we will see what happens i suppose

the atmosphere wasnt all that good at the biu's last year.. i found that the only people watching where either riders themselves observers or minders... i didnt see hardly any of the public.... but i suppose that this can be different... ah well we will see. make sure you give me a report because i wont be attending.. im in germany for the uci german champs...

ive also seen that fred savage has put an entry in for the uci europeans the week after in belgium.. this clashes with a biu world round... and surely if the savages have entered for the world round.. they must ride that because after all that is the reason danny got banned all those years ago.. ( going to ride a uci competition when hed said he would ride a biu comp) ah well we will see what happens i suppose

Hmm?

He's not told me, I'd best have a word with him, he's getting a bit old for trials.

Ben.

I have to agree with aust on this everyone should be treated equally unless they have told one side,either BIU or UCI that they are not riding. Although i do have to say i thought it was wicked at BIU last year. Looking forward to addingham this weekend (Y)

Edited by trialsntrials