People Say...

RyanRs

People say (expecially olders) that you dont have to drink when you go out to enjoy yourself......

So how comes, if i goto a club with me mates and we drink for britian, we all have the time of our lives, yet if i am the one driving and cannot drink,for me, it gets soooo dam boring, and all i can think about is how much my legs ache!!

I mean, everytime i goto a club , even if its a good club, and i am not drinking; my nite is CACK!

It seems you do need drink to have a good time, it gives your legs super powers for dancing and standing all nite, makes women more attractive , giving you more motivation/inspiration to go pull them, and helps you understand all the crap that all your mates are trying to speak (which when drunk is funny, but when sober just seems dam rite stupid!)

You can alwayse spot the non drinkers in the club too, because they are usually standing by a wall with their arms folded, looking very bored!

What you'll think?

Ry

I used to have the same problem, i think its all about letting your inhabitions go, and having more confidence. I used to need to get absolutely trashed to dance and have a really good night, however in the last year i've found myself drinking less on nights out and still managing to enjoy them just as much, but with less of the hangover the next day.

Red Bull my friend will solve most of your problems.

I ried it once and its cheaper but it can get a bit horrible drinking so much but if all your mates are drinking then getting loads of red bull down you isnt that bad.

It works I was on such a high it was stupid but I didnt sleep till 5am is.

I wouldn't recommend that.

I hate 15 red bulls in a night once. I was ridicuosly sick the next morning. Fair enough I was absolutly buzzing, but it wasn't really worth it!

For me it's drinking that ruins my nights out. Hence why I haven't touched alcohol for a couple of years now. In my experience you end up feeling terrible, making a tit of yourself, throwing up, lumbering your friends as they somehow get you home, wake up with a shitty hangover, possibly throw up again and voila, that's drinking for you.

People say (expecially olders) that you dont have to drink when you go out to enjoy yourself......

So how comes, if i goto a club with me mates and we drink for britian, we all have the time of our lives, yet if i am the one driving and cannot drink,for me, it gets soooo dam boring, and all i can think about is how much my legs ache!!

I mean, everytime i goto a club , even if its a good club, and i am not drinking; my nite is CACK!

It seems you do need drink to have a good time, it gives your legs super powers for dancing and standing all nite, makes women more attractive , giving you more motivation/inspiration to go pull them, and helps you understand all the crap that all your mates are trying to speak (which when drunk is funny, but when sober just seems dam rite stupid!)

You can alwayse spot the non drinkers in the club too, because they are usually standing by a wall with their arms folded, looking very bored!

What you'll think?

Ry

maybe your going to a shit club?

but you need to let yourself go your probably going into the club with a 'i am not drinking, its gonna be shit' attitude, which you ain't gonna have a good time.

as for Red Bull - 11 is my record, going about an hours sleep that night, but work up and felt fine (Y)

I went out the other week for the first time ever and didnt drink. I had such a shit night it was unreal. Everybody annoyed me, the bars i usually love were shitty and sweaty and i was totally bored.

I also find it different if your seeing someone. Normally the main purpose of a night out would be to find ladies. But If you already have one there seems to be less incentive to go out on the piss, and you would much rather go to a pub instead and talk etc. Which is understandable really.

Drinking is just part of life now. Your in school/work all week, go out friday/saturday and get drunken, meet a girl, have a amazing laugh with mates and then up for work or whatever the next day. I enjoy it, Ive had some of the funniest times of my life when drunk and generally enjoy it.

Im going to Ibiza in 3 weeks and simply cant wait. Im not a big clubber or dance music fanatic. But the elixure of drink, women, loud music, a great atmosphere really does appeal to me.

Horses for courses

I wouldn't recommend that.

I hate 15 red bulls in a night once.

ooooo georgy boy... i think there's some underlying psychological issue with red bull here... I think you need to explore your feelings...

as for the topic.. I do like drinking and going out for a shimmy but I can still have a cool nght without touching a drop... its just a different kind of fun.

a pub and a good crowd would be all I needed really (Y)

oli

Bet you didn't know that 12 red bulls is the equvilant to 1 E ??

There is NO 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine in red bull, so how did you work that out? Quantify the effects? Bull stats, I hate them! (Y)

I've been the driver a few times, and don't drink red bull, and with nothing to alter my conciousness while out I have to say it's just not the same round town in the clubs. (Y)

Saying that though, going to the pub and playing pool like Mark said, I can still have a good time up until the point where the conversation turns to shit because everyone is WELL drunk. However, the topic is about clubs.

Bet you didn't know that 12 red bulls is the equvilant to 1 E ??

Thats such a chav fact.

Anyway... My best nights out have always been when ive been wrecked. I have tried along with a friend to go out and not drink, we left within a hour of being out. It literally was that shit, you look around and you just think " what a bunch of wankers " even to your friends.

I go out to get pissed like once every month maybe a bit more depending on whats going on in my life, i would label myself as a binge drinker even though i dont drink that often. When i do drink i go all out to get trashed... i have never seen the point in "social drinking" i know alcohol is proper shit for my body so i give it all or nothing attitude. Im not the type of person to sit down with a beer watching football.. because its just alcohol that i didnt need to drink, calories that dont need to be consumed. i dont really like the taste anyway, infact i dont know how people love beer so much i drink alcohol for the drug effect not for the taste. Im sure they can make an unalcoholic drink that tastes like beer.

Anyway rant over, i know where your coming from with having proper shit nights out being the "mr sensible driver" that has to drive your piss head mates home, i've been there.. more times than i can count. I dont want people thinking this is another " i must be pissed to have fun post" even though getting drunk and being an arse is great... i dont rely on it to have a good time, hence the reason for not drinking that often.. its just a "change" to the normal every day life funny times.

Finally, ive noticed you can really tell who your close friends are and those who use you when your sober and everyone else is drunk. You can see through people so easily.

Saying that though, going to the pub and playing pool like Mark said, I can still have a good time up until the point where the conversation turns to shit because everyone is WELL drunk.  However, the topic is about clubs.

No conversation maybe, but you win all the pool games. That's when you should start betting (Y) Take all their money.

There is NO 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine in red bull, so how did you work that out?  Quantify the effects?  Bull stats, I hate them! :P

You know, it's much easier to just say MDMA :)

But yeah, stupid claim with obviously no basis in reality. Caffeine and taurine have completely different effects to MDMA (or any of the MD* chemicals found in pills). Infact, in the kind of quantities mentioned MDMA is probably a lot less damaging than Red Bull. I know I'd certainly feel more comfortable dropping a couple of pills than drinking something like 25 Red Bulls.

A good example of how caffeine can be a lot worse for you than MDMA... I remember a specific night out a few years ago when a friend of mine was catching a plane early the next day, so instead of doing his usual handfuls of pills he had managed to get hold of a gram of pure caffeine. The state of him the next day was ridiculous. He was a million times more messy than everyone else, despite everyone else having done quite large numbers of pills. On top of that, he hadn't got much more effects than feeling really jittery and energetic all night (kind of like really dirty speed). It didn't make him any happier, it didn't make him want to dance and it didn't really make him have a very good night.

Very bad idea. Caffeine is a pretty serious drug!

I don't think there's any problem with drinking... Apart from the sudden lack of money afterwards. (Y)

As long as you know how much it takes to screw yourself over to the point you feel comfortable at it's OK. I know people say 'Oh but you can't calculate how drunk you are so that's bullshit' but it isn't. When I go out (fairly often) I know fairly consistently 8 - 10 pints is going to be OK, spread over the night.

Infact thinking about it getting drunk is itself a side-effect of having a good time. If I go to a shit club then I'll have about 4 pints just 'cause I know i wont enjoy it even if I get plastered. The other side is that I go somewhere I like and drink more because I'm more at home with that environment.

When people say (not digging at you smo) that they don't like drinking because it 'makes them feel sick and shit the next day/night' it generally because they're drinking to much, not because they're drinking in general. If you go out try and count your drinks. This is fairly easy if you stick with beers as you can count as you drink, when you're doing shots I guess you can lose count much easier. (Y)

As a result of counting, if you feel like shit just think "Next time I'm out I'll drink a couple of pints / shots less and just make it last that tiny bit longer".

For me it's drinking that ruins my nights out. Hence why I haven't touched alcohol for a couple of years now. In my experience you end up feeling terrible, making a tit of yourself, throwing up, lumbering your friends as they somehow get you home, wake up with a shitty hangover, possibly throw up again and voila, that's drinking for you.

How old are you, unless ur over 30 years old, u dont/cant talk like that

"havent touched the stuff for years. sigh stop talking like your old.

Its funny as f**k when everybodys drunk, you were cleary doing it wrong.

How old are you, unless ur over 30 years old, u dont/cant talk like that

"havent touched the stuff for years. sigh stop talking like your old.

Its funny as f**k when everybodys drunk, you were cleary doing it wrong.

I have never touched the stuff, I'm nearly 18, does that make me cool, or less cool? If Smo is 18, started drinking at 15-16 and hasn't drank since then that's more than one year, therefore years.

I don't drink when my friends do, but honestly, I enjoy it when they get drunk. They finally are as crazy as I am! :-

It's weird, I think I have a gift (lol), it's almost as if I can be drunk without getting drunk. Meaning, I don't have a lot of inhibitions, I am very relaxed, things are hilarious, and I have a great time. I really think its just about letting yourself go and have a good time. One time, I just let loose and had a great time, and two different girls expressly asked if I was drunk (I hadn't had a drop). Was a little funny, but I was still having a great time (N) .

I wish more people could just let go without having to rely on drinking. Ah well.

Good luck man, hope you can have a good time B) .

Meaning, I don't have a lot of inhibitions

You're just normal then, most people think they are different in this world of models etc, so they need to get a bit of "dutch courage". Unlike me, hole in my school pants, open my legs, friend sees my penis. I laugh, he feels sick, I laugh some more. Ahhh well. Moral of the story, always sew your holey pants up.

I aint much of a drinker, the last time I had a drink was at the pary in wales (some people will know what I am talking about B) )

I HATE the taste of alchohol, if I ever drink it its only to get pissed.

Being pissed is funny, but once a year is enough for me. With not drinking much, it takes a lot less for me to get drunk, so 5 bottles and I am outta there.

I just dont like going out generally, going to the pub is sooo boring. I just dont get understand how chatting can be fun? Chatting is like theory work, I am much more a practical person, I would much rather be doing somthing (biking, climbing, throwing rocks, smashing things etc) than just sitting there talking and getting bored.

Anyway, when I am with friends (espsially Iolo) its a right laugh just going and doing random stuff, its like being drunk all the time but cheaper and no hangovers (N)

I don't drink much, i would but half my mates find it more fun to sit in a park and get pissed, and no there no chavs at all, there all skaters, i'd love to have mates that want to go to clubs nd stuff, i drink alot at gigs thats the main time and i go to alot of gigs lol, not recently though.

Got pissed for the first time last night and can truthfully say that it was quite fun.

Woke up this morning and was fine, didn't even have a headache (N)

Not going to be getting pissed all the time because it left me trully skint, ohwell, had a good time so who cares