Merged A-level results thread!

Prawny Baby

Got in AS

A, B, C , D

but i am retaking the D, and getting a remark on the C.

I know remarking is abit pointless, but i was one mark off a B, so i want to try and get just that one mark as then i will get the B, but if i lose marks it doesnt really matter..thought give it a try anyways.

jenn<3

your A level average is on points though, not grades. So if you carry on the subject it really doesnt matter if it's a B or a C as the points will be so simiar anway.

Wow this is my first post in chit-chat, ive never even looked on this sub-forum before.

Anyway I got

Maths/further maths- A

Physics- A

English- C :(

Happy with the maths and phys, but bit annoyed with english. But yeh I feel the same as that other guy, I strangely never get hyped up or emotional about my results, I even worked today and forgot it was results day! Im more chuffed about my after-work sidehops though :)

AS results:

A - geography

C - psychology

U - biology

doh! well pleased with geog and psycho but biology was a let down. Hopefully they'll let me finish the A2 course even though i failed it (just), as my other 2 grades show i can perform well and the biology teachers know im a good student in the classroom, just ballsed up on the exam :(

Oh well see what happens hey :)"

as levels;

A Geography

A Economics

A General studies

A Chemistry

B Maths

well happy with that, especially the B in maths strugled all year too understand it and hated one of the teachers. probably be retakeing alot of modules in all the subjects again in january to try push up the scores a bit more meaning that i get the grades i need in A2 a bit easier (ie less pressure on next year which is always a good thing). Will be dropping maths aswell fed up of that shit.

i got

A in maths - (mechanics & pure)

How? lol I thought Pure was the biggest load of crap ive ever come accross. The only thing I understood on paper 1 was binomial expansions

and then I came to DO the paper and a quiet voice in my head said

"......oh shit"

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about digging up this topic, I searched it so I dunno where I'm scrounging it up from. But never the less I got my results today. As most of you know my heart was set on leaving so I didn't put any effort in, I got a U in Biology, a U in IT, BUT I got a frigging E in Politics, how I did it I dunno. My Politics teacher was awesome though so I'll just say he made me pass :)

i was away on basketball camp when results day happened so i missed the most up on here for those few days so i post em now:

A in Maths

A in Physics

A in Computing

A in Electronics

E in General Studies :D

Got into Imperial College of London to study Mechanical Engineering (Y) They couldnt really stop me with those grades though :)"

How the hell is critica thinking a as topic.

Critical Thinking is a really good subject. I only took it because I needed an extra subject for a year, and it didn't have any homework so required minimal effort. It's a bit like basic 'theory of knowledge' philosophy but with common sense instead of Descartes.

Anyway, I got 297/300 for the exam which was the highest mark ever back in 2002, but I'm sure somebody has beaten me since. Maybe not though, I could still be Britain's most critical thinker.

I did terribly in my A levels, and whilst I'm happy at university now, I may retake some A levels when I get older.

Stephen.

You might be right, I'm just not sure how I'd come across if I had a perfectly good degree but pretty average GCSE's and A levels. I certainly want to add a degree in Marketing to my degree in Media, but again I might just be better getting a masters in Media.

Once I've finished university though, the concept of any more learning, apart from training courses, does seem a little far fetched.

You might be right, I'm just not sure how I'd come across if I had a perfectly good degree but pretty average GCSE's and A levels. I certainly want to add a degree in Marketing to my degree in Media, but again I might just be better getting a masters in Media.

Once I've finished university though, the concept of any more learning, apart from training courses, does seem a little far fetched.

I may be taking a teaching degree thingy for an extra qualification aswell as more job oppotunities in the future

I could still be Britain's most critical thinker.

Being the objective word Stephen? Haha my ex is taking critical thinking... acctually don't know how she did in any of her As, I'm caring >_<

Well done everyone we all did well lets party!

Oh and yeah today my mum told me I was like 4 marks off an A in english (my worst subject) and so im redoing my cwk for it to get an A! CRAZEEE!

James (Y) *more important driving test tomorow* oh god!