David Blane.....

Davetrials

Im confused this guy is amazing i just dug out his video, and i can understand some of the stuff he does

Levitation

resurection

he makes objects float:S

Messing wiht some girl steals her ring, and all of a sudden its in a bottle of beer which they have to smash to get to the dam ring

Pick a card, guy gets a card, david blane chucks the deck at a window and this guys card which he chose was on the oposite side of the glass, stuck to it :huh:

what are youir views?

Im going to pass out if i watch anymore.

*sigh* you do realise most of it is just good camera angles and cutting at the right time yeah?

Wht about the bottle thing, f**k camera angles, they still dont make it beliveable, im watching the video now, and there is no fancy cuts, plus the peoples reactions are to genuine.

Of course none of it is real - just clever illusions. Any good illusionist builds the theatre and showmanship so that the illusion seems more real, and Mr Blaine is good at this!

Anyone remember that Uri Geller chap. He made a fortune out of really simple things like pretending to bend spoons when they were already bent. Just clever hand work to hide the fact. It shows how much money there is in us being pretty gulliable and wanting to believe in supernatural powers!

Also the "I can start your old watches thing" where TV viewers were encouraged to hold up stopped watches and meditate with him. Statistically a few watches out of the few million viewers trying it, would stir into life, maybe from the agitation, and that was enough for people who wanted to believe.

Steve

SOme one explain the dam ring thing to me, and the making stuff float

Wait ive got a new one

Blane goes over to a bum in newyork holding a cup off coffee

Blane takes it from him, does his thing shakes it gently, and ooo look the coffee dissapers, and money is shaken from the bottom so its over flowing over the cup

HOW THE f**k!!!!!!!!

thats not a f**king illiusion. :huh:

dave it isnt real, it is a very clever illusion - we are meant to think 'how the f**k?' thats what good, thats why I like watching it, but i know it wasn't real!

the bum was probably an actor...

its like when david copperfield made the orientient express (i think, it was was something big and outside) disappeared - the whole audience and crew was in on it!

Edited by leedstrials

To take one example, the levitation is done via an established illusion. You can see from the website the variety of simple techiques (which they try and sell information/magic vids to show you how) which any amateur can succeed with:

http://www.levitation.org/david-blaine-levitation.htm

Here's another link I've found which gives one levitation technique away which David Blaine has used on his shows!. This shows how view angle can trick the eye, in this case make leviation appear a reality. Seems crap when you know how, so that's where the Magician's theatre skills big up the illusion: http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1054835

With a bit of research then the mysteries are debunked, but then on the other hand where's the fun in that! Maybe it's better to rest in a state of awe and enjoy the entertainment. It's like Penn and Teller where they often give away the secrets behind their illusions. Because we get the result via what the camera sees, you immediately see how they harness the opportunities to fool that are presented by us not being there and able to see it from all angles with our own eyes.

Steve

SOme one explain the dam ring thing to me, and the making stuff float.....

Ok then, i accpt defeat, but the card tricks he does are still kool, and quite amazing.

Oh bollox.

Vanishing Coin

A coin is placed on the upturned palm of a passer-bye. They are directed to watch the coin carefully as the street magician waves his hand close to and above the coin.

The magician never touches the upturned palm but in an instant the coin has vanished !

The magician now shows his hands to be empty.

This magic feat is something you will never be able to perform ! - not without the help of the 'Raven'

Right well uve read up on all of the f**king tricks on the video, and im dissapointed, oh well.

Edited by Davetrials

Vanishing Coin

A coin is placed on the upturned palm of a passer-bye. They are directed to watch the coin carefully as the street magician waves his hand close to and above the coin.

The magician never touches the upturned palm but in an instant the coin has vanished !

The magician now shows his hands to be empty.

This magic feat is something you will never be able to perform ! - not without the help of the 'Raven'

Right well uve read up on all of the f**king tricks on the video, and im dissapointed, oh well.

That ones easy. The coin is a fake coin made from metal, so its magnetic. On his hands, he has a magnet attatched to some elastic which is attatched to his coat sleeve, and held in place with a hook over his finger with clear wire. As he waves his hands over the coin, it gets attracted to the magnet, and he relases the magnet from his finger so it springs back into his sleeve. And as if by magic, the coin has dissappeared.

It all sounds so rubbish when you know how! I was reading about Blaine on the first link I posted. He studied acting and this is what helps him present it so well. Also it's worth scrolling down and reading what sounds like an amateur magician giving his talk through on the tricks being performed in a Blaine TV show.

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=David%20Blaine

For more interesting proof that we shouldn't kid ourselves about believing in the supernatural, check out James Randi's site. He has a $1 million challenge going where he will give up the money if someone can really prove they have special powers. Of course only the deluded actually believe they are supernatural (Uri Gellar), and unsurprisingly his money is still safe!

http://www.randi.org/

Also, on the supernatural mediums and stuff, plus mind reading, Derren Brown takes great joy in replicating what they do, whilst admitting it's trickery and nothing supernatural :huh:

Steve

That ones easy. The coin is a fake coin made from metal, so its magnetic. On his hands, he has a magnet attatched to some elastic which is attatched to his coat sleeve, and held in place with a hook over his finger with clear wire. As he waves his hands over the coin, it gets attracted to the magnet, and he relases the magnet from his finger so it springs back into his sleeve. And as if by magic, the coin has dissappeared.

With the levitation and the power to make things float its obviously not real because he would have had to undergo so many tests and he would be classed as not human.

i really dont think he is human....LOL

i mean been in ice for hours been in a box for days!! ok its possible but he just takes the mik

. plus he's a weird person his voice is scary (Y)

EDIT:

and what about David Copperfield he flys.. most people say is strings blah blah but it is soo real

and even his other trick he does with the saw that cuts him in half and they pull him apart and the other side of his legs move (Y)

its all an ellusion but its very very complex..

my dad's in a band and they do a horror show.. and if youv seen Alice Coopers gilotieen(sp) then wev basicly made a copy of it.. its all dead clever.. id could tell you how it works , and how it make it look like you cut someone head off.. :) but you have to see it

Edited by crazy_gap girl

I did magic tricks for 6 years. I was well good, I was a member of the magic circle too. I might have to start again and make a vid and show you guys lol :lol:

But yeah, I got pretty much all the tricks he does anyway (Y) Things like tap a 50p on the bottom of bottle and it ends up inside, biting a 50p in half and blowing it backtogether before giving it back to the owner, umm loads I have. Il make some vids and post them soon (Y)

edit: I can do the vanishing coin one btw up there ^^^ no its not magnetic, its much more simple than you think. The real name for that trick is 'the raven' and itl cost you £25 to buy :)

Edited by Sam@SouthTrials

did any of you watch that magic series called the masked magicain??

it filmed the tricks and then told you how they did it and it was very simple..

like how they made an elephant vanish

and all they did was move the shot.. to a replica of the cage it was in to an empty one

and there was another where the cage doors had morros in which when the bang and smoke wetn off they changed so you saw i different angle of in side the cage which looked empty

Im confused this guy is amazing i just dug out his video, and i can understand some of the stuff he does

Levitation

resurection

he makes objects float:S

Messing wiht some girl steals her ring, and all of a sudden its in a bottle of beer which they have to smash to get to the dam ring

Pick a card, guy gets a card, david blane chucks the deck at a window and this guys card which he chose was on the oposite side of the glass, stuck to it  (Y)

what are youir views?

Im going to pass out if i watch anymore.

people bum him for going in a box above the london how stupid are we all gettin WE ARE FALLING FOR A TRICKLESS MAGICIAN AND GOING IN AN ICE CUBE WTF THATS NOT A TRICK THATS FREEZING YOUR DICK SO SMALL THAT WHEN YOU GET OUT YOUR BITCH LEAVES YOU CAUSE SHE DONT WANT A GUY THAT HAS A PENIS THE SIZE OF AN ANT, (Y)

the other stuff he does is pretty cool but its all mind tricks you believe the unbelievable because your mind chooses to see it! yet notice why he has got loads of footage of alot of people it takes him ages to put one show together because the strong minded people dont fall for such stupidness hence why mostly you see him doing tricks to black people because there retarded.

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

I did magic tricks for 6 years. I was well good, I was a member of the magic circle too. I might have to start again and make a vid and show you guys lol :lol:

But yeah, I got pretty much all the tricks he does anyway (Y) Things like tap a 50p on the bottom of bottle and it ends up inside, biting a 50p in half and blowing it backtogether before giving it back to the owner, umm loads I have. Il make some vids and post them soon  (Y)

edit: I can do the vanishing coin one btw up there ^^^ no its not magnetic, its much more simple than you think. The real name for that trick is 'the raven' and itl cost you £25 to buy :lol:

Ditto, i used to be in the young magicians club (youth sector of magic circle) and speaking to magicians, David Blaine is actually ranked very low by them and even hated by some. What someone said earlier about if we could explain it we'd be famous, not true, i could explain it and even do most of them, just not as well and without that same mysteriousness. He's wierd and that makes the tricks more believable in my opinion. people want to believe it so they do.

If you think his card tricks are good then you should see what some other magicians are doing, mindboggling stuff! :) People put alot of work into it.

My twopence, Max.

did any of you watch that magic series called the masked magicain??

it filmed the tricks and then told you how they did it and it was very simple..

like how they made an elephant vanish

and all they did was move the shot.. to a replica of the cage it was in to an empty one

and there was another where the cage doors had morros in which when the bang and smoke wetn off they changed so you saw i different angle of in side the cage which looked empty

Yea i watched that, was well good !

And i think the elephant one was done using mirrors on the inside of the cage, so when the curtain was pulled the mirrors rotated and it reflected the image in the background(which is the same as the area infront of the cage which is the bit the mirrors are now reflecting) so it looks like the cage is empty

I think that was it anyway.

Aaron.

Why?

Maybe everybody thinks the same as you, so they dont bother.

meh i think the tooth fairy and santa claus are real.

really? (Y)"

people bum him for going in a box above the london how stupid are we all gettin WE ARE FALLING FOR A TRICKLESS MAGICIAN AND GOING IN AN ICE CUBE WTF THATS NOT A TRICK THATS FREEZING YOUR DICK SO SMALL THAT WHEN YOU GET OUT YOUR BITCH LEAVES YOU CAUSE SHE DONT WANT A GUY THAT HAS A PENIS THE SIZE OF AN ANT, 

the other stuff he does is pretty cool but its all mind tricks you believe the unbelievable because your mind chooses to see it! yet notice why he has got loads of footage of alot of people it takes him ages to put one show together because the strong minded people dont fall for such stupidness hence why mostly you see him doing tricks to black people because there retarded.

who are you trying to impress with this post? the bit in capitals is utterly sad, and the bit i've put in bold is openly racist...what happens when a black trials rider reads your post...or don't you care?