b*****d b*****d Tubes

manuel

Ok everytime I go and ride now the front tube valve is being cuttoff by the rim .

Im runnin a viz front rim so its just a single wall meaning the valve isnt held upright. and the tyre i have is soo slack on the rim it just twists round making the valve be at a crazy angle and then psssssssssst. Im walking home......

Ive tried padding the hole out but it still gets buggered it just takes a little while longer..

Any ideas or anyone else had similar problems and Id love to hear from yer...

RJ

I was recently at the coupe de france trials doo, and just about everyone was running koxx rims which are also single wall, and I remember seeing people zip-tie their valve to the spokes on either side of the valve equally tight therefore keeping the valve straight and upright at all times. Haha, I remember thinking "Wtf?" when I saw that because I have double walled rims (Y) .

just about everyone was running koxx rims which are also single wall, and I remember seeing people zip-tie their valve to the spokes on either side of the valve equally tight therefore keeping the valve straight and upright at all times

Thats bloody genius, haha!

Also try dusting the inside of your tyre with talcum powder - so the inner tube will slide instead of gripping (Y)

but can you get them as non fat bugger tubes  ? ? ? ?

its a front wheel you see

Schwalbe. I used to run one on the front. Properly good shit. Mine lasted super well, although I should point out mine was a mod yada yada. It should be fine though, they do lightweight tubes so just hammer one of them in.

Viz rim = mondo drilled rim (i think? if there is a non drilled version i stand corrected  (N) )

So its impossible to run tubeless (Y)

Urrr, nope, it's possible to run tubeless on any rim. :o

You just take a 20" tube, cut it all around the outside, stretch it over the rim, so there's plenty of excess, Put the tyre + sealant in as normal, then inflate with a compressor. Then trim off the excess.

Will solve your valve problem, will save you weight, will mean you never get pinch punctures again, and you can "wow" your mates by shoving screwdrivers in your tyre, and it sealing itself. :D

Give me a shout on't msn if you want more info Rowan. :P

Mike.

Edit: If you don't wanna run tubeless, just get ride of the crappy viz rim and buy a mavic.

Edited by Fatmike

nope, echo front rim and a rather low tyre, bout the same as what rowan runs. ah well was just interested as im bored to feck nout to ride in the dark down here, i dont think corwall have heard of street lights.

Youre tyre probably fits though porter.... my hot s literally falls off without air in ...

Cheers for the advice....

Im thinking tubeless is alot of effort and dont i need a tubeless tyre ? ££££

Ive already tried padding the hole out and that dont work......

The zip ties are a good idea ( ilike it because its cheap )

Q . Is presta the roady style high pressure valve ? ?? ? If so then i dont have an adapter to pump it up. . boo

so I guess the best idea was to find a skinny tube with a car type (cant remember what theyre called) valve that can be locked onto the rim like the DH ones but where oh where .. .. . . .. . . . .