Unex Hosing

Whiteboy

Just try making them longer :) I did that to one a while back, and I just made a longer cross-over and it reduces the strain on that part of it 'cos there's more slack, so it's not having to bend so soon after leaving the nut.

The Magura braided hose kit is better. The Unex unions have a small internal diameter, creating a 'bottle neck' at each end of the hose, hence slowing down the movement of oil. You don't really notice when you put the brake on, but often the lever is slow to return.

:) My Magura braided hosing has lasted over 5 years. The Unex stuff makes the frame feel a bit gash and the return slow.

Some people run the goodridge hosing and I believe Hope do a braided hose for Maguras now too. I've no experience with either.

Jon

Magura braided hosing. Much much better. Im with jon and snappel for sure. I have had mine for 4 years now. I did have trouble with mine, but only becuase they werent fitted right. They are quite akward to attacth well but once they are they wont be coming out.

so where can i get just a rear set of the magura stuff? dont really wana pay 300 od quid for a front seat aswell that i wont need. but reliability is the unex hose the same? and when its on the bike can you actually feel it being slow?

It's worth it. You'll notice the unex being slow. A few of the very first sets of Unex hoses had leakage issues, but I've not heard of any in the past year or so.

Try:

MAGURA BIKE PARTS UK LTD.

Telford Way, Stephenson

LE67 3HE Coalville, Leicestershire

phone: 01530 837195

fax: 01530 811286

service_uk@magura.de

to ask if they do a rear only braided kit. I've onlt ever seen them as a complete set.

Jon

tartybikes.co.uk do a rear hope braided hose set so you can just un-bolt your old one and bolt on the new one but its a little pricey at £38 :P

Yeh, it may be a little pricey, butit is awsome stuff, i got mine last week and i love it, lever feel is nicer than than the standard plastic hosing, and it is very well made. :P

Adam

I bought a brand new rear magura fitted with unex braided hosing a year and a half ago and it has only split once and that was near the calipers where it had been caught a few times. I would recommend them, even though they are looking worse for wear now but they work, thats all Im bothered about. They have a nice plastic coating too so they dont eat through your frame. Back when I bought them there werent the hope or goodridge ones out, only unex and the shitty magura ones that eat through your frame. Only £15 for one full brake too.

Looking at whats available, I would go for hope or the unex ones. :P

tartybikes.co.uk do a rear hope braided hose set so you can just un-bolt your old one and bolt on the new one but its a little pricey at £38 :P

for that, you may as well go goodridge.

well whiteboy. is there anything else on your bike that needs upgrading as braided hosing tends to be one of the last things you put on your bike after its "fully" pimped*

My Unex crossover was wank :P it was really spongey, felt poop at the lever, and made a really slow caliper (this was a good bleed btw) and in the end it split on the corner (out of the braided area, but not leaking, trapped under the plastic see through coating, so it lost loadsa water. steer clear captain :-

Tom