Echo Hubs.

Houseface

echo hubs  

45 members have voted

1. 1. should echo make 36 hole hubs aswell?

• yes
    • no

yes but they only make 32 hole rims, why do they want to make their product compatible with another manufacturer's product, its about gaining the whole market share.

(Y)

Example!

if they only make 32 hole products, while others are making 36 only then people will go with echo products,*

*however i realise that many different companies make 32 hole rims etc, but it was just an example for u to understand :D

yes but they only make 32 hole rims, why do they want to make their product compatible with another manufacturer's product, its about gaining the whole market share.

:D

Example!

if they only make 32 hole products, while others are making 36 only then people will go with echo products,*

*however i realise that many different companies make 32 hole rims etc, but it was just an example for u to understand :$

Just like monty with their 25" rear wheels. Look how well that worked.

It is a pain in the backside, anyone who wants a profile and a echo rim can't really. (Y)

(Y)

Example!

*however i realise that many different companies make 32 hole rims etc, but it was just an example for u to understand :D

but if they made 36 hole hubs and you had a 36 hole rim and you really liked that hub and wanted it or it was the only hub with the things that you want, then you could get it. plus they will be selling to all the crowd rather than half.

steve.

There's no point. You can get every rim on the market in 32h (*probably) and not very many in 36h. Speaking as someone who had a 36h hub, it's a bit of a bitch to get hold of 36h rims. I would prefer it if everything only came in one size, and 36h products didn't exist. All these dual standards are crap. Make things one size and everyone's happy.

32h it is then >_<

as you can see the votes are 16-18 at the moment, this would probably be the yes=36 hole people and the no=32 hole people, which means the votes are almost equal which means that echo would probably sell more (example) to all the 34 poeple rather than just the 18 people and therefore make more money.

just my point of veiw.

steve.

People don't moan about Profile because the Profile hub is a BMX one, in which you ONLY run 48 or 36 spoke setups, typically. Therefore, why would they make one for a different market, with a different manufacturing proccess? Not gonna happen >_<

At the moment, you can get every rim for mods in 36H, except for the Echo rims. Equally, you can get almost every hub in 36H, except for the Echo one again.

It's a bit shit they don't as their market does use 32 and 36H rims/hub combos, so it'd be in their interests too, however it works out cheaper for them only having to have them manufactured in one way, I suppose. Seeing as Deng's aaaaaaaaaaaall about the moneys, it's not too surprising he's going down that route.

Also, Tomm, stock/mod comparisons for wheelsizes are a bit out, simply because a lot of stock hubs are just generally mountain bike hubs being used for trials, whereas almost all mod hubs are specifically made for mods. Therefore, there's a reduced compatibility issue.

I wish they did a 36H rim, as I'd like a Try-All that wasn't totally arse, and this Echo sounds like it'd fit the bill. I could run my hub with 4 empty holes I guess, but to be honest, I probably won't bother doing it simply 'cos I'd ultimately need a whole new wheel. Screw that :blink:

The Profile's build quality is amazing. The quality of their products in general is pretty legendary, but especially so with their hubs. The hubs themselves run super smooth, engage really well, and seem to last for ages (some people had problems with bearings, but it's a minority of users). The hubs themselves are super strong. Spares are readily available. You can run a variety of different size sprockets on the back, unlike the Echo. There's a hell of a track-record for the Profile.

With the Profile, if you run 18:12 you'll have 72 engagement points at the pedals. With the Echo, it'll be 108. If you think about that, that means a new engagement point every 5 degrees with the Profile, and every 3.5 degrees with the Echo.

That's not a great difference, really. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I didn't feel any difference between going from 72 to 60, to put it one way :(

I'd personally go for the Profile and let other people find out what the Echo is like first. If it turns out to be some uber hub, you can sell your Profile on either on here or a BMX site (they keep their value well), but if the Echo turns out to be shite, you can happily ride on knowing you got an amazing hub first off.

The Profile's build quality is amazing. The quality of their products in general is pretty legendary, but especially so with their hubs. The hubs themselves run super smooth, engage really well, and seem to last for ages (some people had problems with bearings, but it's a minority of users). The hubs themselves are super strong. Spares are readily available. You can run a variety of different size sprockets on the back, unlike the Echo. There's a hell of a track-record for the Profile.

With the Profile, if you run 18:12 you'll have 72 engagement points at the pedals. With the Echo, it'll be 108. If you think about that, that means a new engagement point every 5 degrees with the Profile, and every 3.5 degrees with the Echo.

That's not a great difference, really. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I didn't feel any difference between going from 72 to 60, to put it one way :D

I'd personally go for the Profile and let other people find out what the Echo is like first. If it turns out to be some uber hub, you can sell your Profile on either on here or a BMX site (they keep their value well), but if the Echo turns out to be shite, you can happily ride on knowing you got an amazing hub first off.

thanks dude :(

steve.