George Best Just Died

Dr. Nick Riviera

willy to be honest. I wish him RIP, it's a shame for someone to die and I don't hope he 'rots in hell' or the like, he's paid the price and now he should be left as is. He was also an incredible footballer - I'll give him that, he had an awesome talent but he chose to piss it all away and become an alcoholic. Now I don't care how good he used to be, that's just sad. Alcoholism is pathetic, regardless of who it is. It's no reason to wish death on them though for christ sake.

RIP George, I hope you regret what you did - not only to yourself, but to your friends, family and that person whose second chance you stole and squandered.

What alot of people dont realise is that alcoholism is an illness.

People can get addicted to drugs or smoking etc. There are ways to help get off of these either with doctors prescriptions or through patches etc depending on what it is your addicted to.

There is nothing for alcoholics. The only option is will power and the help of those closest to you.

George best managed to go dry before his liver transplant. He waited for over a year on a waiting list before he was found a suitable match.

Unfortunately, personal problems after the op caused him to return to the drink. He has then been on and off the booze ever since.

I personally think george best was a legend and should be remembered for his footballing skills, not his off pitch antics. It was after all, his football genius that put him in the public eye, and probably contributed to his downfall too.

I say RIP george

Should be blaming people who kept asking Best to have a drink with them. They are the ones who probably started his drinking problem. Plus Best made the football scene what it is today, the first superstar. Such a great player, ah we got Rooney though, he'll be the key man! to man utd and england's success in the germany world cup.

It's also worthy to mention;

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/...a.ap/index.html

I just can't let him go un-mentioned.

First George, now Mr. Miyagi!

Wax on, wax off! :'(

Think of the wax children, THINK OF THE WAX. ;)

Also, Richard Burns died yesterday, or today.

What is it with people dieing? :'(

Should be blaming people who kept asking Best to have a drink with them. They are the ones who probably started his drinking problem. Plus Best made the football scene what it is today, the first superstar. Such a great player, ah we got Rooney though, he'll be the key man! to man utd and england's success in the germany world cup.

Having no back bone isn't an excuse.

Not to mention he used to drink at home anyway?

Seeing as all the other celebrities head off to fashionable clinics when they get addicted to whatever the "in" thing is, I'm pretty sure he could've at least tried sorting himself out?

Ah well.

cant believe you said that mark, so inf**kingsensative. imagine if you were related to him and read that you would be shocked and upset. i really think your very ott and immature in your posts sometimes.

Get over it mate, he won't change - and I hope not too.

Love you Mark (Y) (Y)

Ok Ok....

Doctor walks into george bests room and says

"George I've got good news and bad news, which do you want to hear first?"

George best replies "The bad news please"

Doctor says "You have an hour to live"

George best replies "Ok ok, so how about the good news"

Doctor exclaims "Well george - It's happy hour"