Introducing...

planetary1

I dont think it should mate as what your doing is bringing a new product to everyones attentions.

However, the thread below was promtly shut after three posts for doing exactly the same thing. Seems like double standards to me. :) Why shut that one after three posts and allow this one to stay open?? They are both doing the same thing!!!

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....showtopic=66305

I would love to know the reason, and hopefully someone will be able to post an answer soon.

But the way I see it is that if the triton thread was closed for advertising, then this one should be too!!!!

I would like to have seen both still open, but its unfair now not to close this one.

toxsin_20_103.jpg

now thats uber cool.....why cant the front looks as nice as that?

jt: why the hell shouldnt they produce another short mod frame? why should we keep having more barges released, not everybody wants to ride a long bike

monty being the leaders in short mods, this should perhaps bring a bit of variety (ok theres onza, but they are swaying towards the longer side of things on thier top flight frames)

theres no need to keep with fashions, cos not everybody is fashionable :)

£285 and £315 with the guard and postage is free. :lol:

adam

Seeing as Zona Zips are £159 (incl. headset, BB and 4-bolt clamps?), T-Pros are £169, and Zoo's are now £229 or £285? But more than that though it's just that the Echo Team and the GU frame are £285 too, and they're a lot more well known and seem to have a lot more gone into them (in terms of CNC'ing, etc.)? Just seems quite a bit for a new frame which we haven't been given much info about (e.g. that bashguard, etc.)...

Seeing as Zona Zips are £159 (incl. headset, BB and 4-bolt clamps?), T-Pros are £169, and Zoo's are now £229 or £285? But more than that though it's just that the Echo Team and the GU frame are £285 too, and they're a lot more well known and seem to have a lot more gone into them (in terms of CNC'ing, etc.)? Just seems quite a bit for a new frame which we haven't been given much info about (e.g. that bashguard, etc.)...

the reason for the price like that is because the production costs to make the frame are very high and adam has done his best to get the prices as low as he possibly can :lol:

Pauly

jt: why the hell shouldnt they produce another short mod frame? why should we keep having more barges released, not everybody wants to ride a long bike

monty being the leaders in short mods, this should perhaps bring a bit of variety (ok theres onza, but they are swaying towards the longer side of things on thier top flight frames)

theres no need to keep with fashions, cos not everybody is fashionable :lol:

Beucase less poeple will buy it with such a short WB.

You don't say.

What I was getting at though was that the GU appears to have a lot more expensive manufacturing going on with it (All the CNC'd stuff on it, and so on), yet it's the same price. That's all I was saying, really.

To be fair though, in terms of size of the companies:

Deng

Toxsin

So you can see why they'd have the higher prices, though with monsieur Deng it's gonna make it pretty hard for the smaller companies - is that a good thing?

Just thought I'd try to clear up some of the questions regarding the new bash guard design...

The two point touch bash guard on the new Toxsin 20.1 frame is intended to give the bike more stability on uneven surfaces. When a standard bash plate rests on anything but a flat surface there is only one small point of contact, such as on a round log, but with the Toxsin bash guard the two plates offer stable and direct contact in two different locations and no matter how the bike shifts these points of contact are maintained. Please see the drawing for an illustration of this.

Additionally, and this was not clear in the original pictures, there are elastomer bushings between the bash plate and the bash mount giving 4 mm of suspension to aid in forming to the object. So if you have ever had situations where your bike slides around or pivots on your bash plate you will be able to see the advantage of this new design.

The reason that the bash plates are mounted to the guard mount instead of directly to the frame is to prevent damage to the frame itself in the unlikely event that the bash mount becomes damaged. I've seen plenty of standard bash plate mounts ruined requiring a new frame but with this design the main frame will never be damaged.

I've also attached a detailed shot of the bash guard underside to clearly show the bushings. I hope this clears things up a bit!

bash_closeup_bushing.JPG

drawing.jpg

Edited by planetary1

bash_closeup_bushing.JPG

But the main brunt of the impact won't actually affect the elastomers there, so it'll just go into ripping the bash 'plate' off the side of the frame, which the elastomers won't cushion at all?

drawing.jpg

And that diagram's a bit skewed, in that it's not quite showing the same thing...

But yeah, my main point was just that unless it's a side impact, the elastomers aren't going to cushion the impact between the bash and the frame at all, which is going to cause damage?

i was exspecting something WAAAAY better.

my first impression was: ' is that a joke?? '

my second impression was: ' hahahaha :closedeyes: ive seen onza t-birds that look better than that!'

now i think,

ahhhhhhhh...im glad ive got a monty. (N) :-

Edited by billocks