Always Been Wondering

DGrabiec

I'm from Canada eh. I've downloaded many movies over the times of some of you guys over in Europe. But I see many of you jumping on walls that seem old (maybe historic somehow). But when the situation comes up where there is an old wall that seems perfect hight to jump on or whatever, do any of you actually go for the line and not really care if you cause any damage? (by the way i'm not here to complain and say its bad, i'm just curious).

Because from a non-bikers point of view it would seem very disrespectul for somebody to be jumping on "history"

Although i'm from Canada and only seen europe in pictures and trials videos haha; so your comments and oppinions are welcome.

Thanks

Unfortunately the best street riding does seem to be around historic buildings, certainly where I live any way. I'm always very conscious about damaging stuff and always make sure I know it's something I can do before I do it. Other people are different and don't care but i''ve never really understood that kind of attitude.

Daniel

Many of us now ride with a UCI style, where bashgard is not an option, whether this be street or natural. I certainly do ride like this. When i was younger i did not give two shits about what i ride, however now im a bit older (21 :)) i have become more aware to the feelings of others.

This said, there are instances where i have ridden things i maybe shouldnt have in the interest of a video :) Its all fun, and as long as you arent causing damage, then there should not be a problem. Rubber does not damage walls, unless its unstable in the first place

meh thats my opinion.

I think u see videos and pictures of us riding historic stuff because sometimes the best contradiction is the modern day bikes riding along an old wall. meh another opinion

Ben

If the wall/whatever is of major historical significance, then chances are we won't be riding on it anyhow. Where my parents live there are 3 castles within a 7 mile radius, only one of them is out of bounds for riding on.

I would say I have got into more trouble for riding on crappy late 20th century lumbs of concrete, than riding on something that has been around for a few centuries, which is quite sad :) and all the old castles and stuff, are better built anyway hahaha and can take more!! But is kinda cool that something like an old ruin, can still be used today :)

the old stuf gives you better scope and presence in a video. i certainly wouldnt like to be classed as "damaging" things when in thoery all we are doing is riding on it with our tyres and NOT causing any damage.

the historic stuff looks so much better because it has different feature and looks "different" everyone riding the same wall and the same line in a street ride is pretty boring you have to be inventive!!!!! i went out in bradford last night and quite alot of the stuff there i would no class as "modern" stuff but there is something that will look awesum on a video its just very hard to pull the move off, but it totally involves no damage its tyres touching the wall and then wheelswopping but its righ outsite the national photography museum. so it would look kewl outside such a big building yet it is modern day wall. but its deffinatly different cos no one would think to ride on it.

Waynio..........................

each to their own but if you aint doing damage you aint doing much wrong (maybe only a bit of trespassing, but if you get caught and told off specially if the guy comes over and is quite distraught you have ridden on it, apologise and say you didnt know. he should be fine with you and you fine with him, no problem. comprendeeeeeeeee)

i ride anything, except grave stones or things which will be very personal to people. other than that if some one has a go, just move on to the next wall/rail/bench or whatever

thats because your a bad boy ash..... like the other week when u rode on someones garden wall in pompey! right in front of their front room window!!!!

muppet :)

I really do try not to hit walls and stuff with my bashguard or pedals. If i don't think i'm gonna make it my left foot always seems to find its way either on top of the wall or back down on the floor before i smack my bashring anyway.

As for riding on old ruins, i have ridden on ruins in bradgate park before and did feel quite bad when my tyre slipped back after being in wet mud and my bashring hit the wall. That stopped me riding on them anyway.

I just reckon if someone has a go about something just move somewhere else, but so long as no one is bothered about you riding there and your not hitting your bike against the walls over and over only to leave a battered looking wall behind you then its alright.

bashrings are a last resort really, rather than another way of getting up something. (well thats my opinion anyway)

the old stuf gives you better scope and presence in a video. i certainly wouldnt like to be classed as "damaging" things when in thoery all we are doing is riding on it with our tyres and NOT causing any damage.

the historic stuff looks so much better because it has different feature and looks "different" everyone riding the same wall and the same line in a street ride is pretty boring you have to be inventive!!!!! i went out in bradford last night and quite alot of the stuff there i would no class as "modern" stuff but there is something that will look awesum on a video its just very hard to pull the move off, but it totally involves no damage its tyres touching the wall and then wheelswopping but its righ outsite the national photography museum. so it would look kewl outside such a big building yet it is modern day wall. but its deffinatly different cos no one would think to ride on it.

Waynio..........................

each to their own but if you aint doing damage you aint doing much wrong (maybe only a bit of trespassing, but if you get caught and told off specially if the guy comes over and is quite distraught you have ridden on it, apologise and say you didnt know. he should be fine with you and you fine with him, no problem. comprendeeeeeeeee)

hehe u remeber that photo shoot in skipton wayne!!

was funny anything to ride on in the castle wasnt really allowed, i did a nice wall ride up a turret and chris ratcliff got a great shot of it,, but the man said he didnt want it published because it looked like i was 'abusing' the casle!

it was fairenuff, his choice,, but it was a REALLY nice shot..

also i do feel the recent UCI push in trials alover europe has made a differance..

iolo.