Learning To 180 Spin

Swize

Learning to 180,

I can't seam to do it. I can spin 180 from a track stand position but moving along i can hardley get 90.

So basicly i need ur tips and advice on how to do them. I would like to be able to do them off things and idealy throw them in to riding bmx if that makes any diffrence.

Cheers for any help Sam + I did use search but nothing could I find :(

really spin with your shoulders and your hips, so you sort of throw your shoulders whilst looking in the direction you want to spin and really swing the rear end to follow with your hips.

this is the way i do it when im dirt jumping which works for me, on my trials bike i still cant get a full 180 so i can smoothly fakie out though. get to about 160.

hope this helps

craig

I find it helps loads if you turn the front wheel as you land, so that you are rolling out of it. If you can do that nicely, you only need to get to about 120 degrees round before you can roll out. Obviously if you can get around further it'll just make it a lot easier.

If you are spinning to the left (anti-clockwise), turn the bars slightly to the right, and vice versa obviously :)

However if you're only getting 90 degrees you need to get the spin better before you can try this. I would just say to remember not to pedal, just to hop. Try to centre the spin around the middle of the bike. I don't know what you do when you spin from a trackstand, but I always put a pedal kick in and kinda just spin around on the back wheel, with a bit of a hop. So basically the back wheel hardly moves and the front wheel moves miles. When you're doing it rolling that just won't work. Just hop from both wheels at the same time and try and spin around the middle of the bike (Y)

I find it helps loads if you turn the front wheel as you land, so that you are rolling out of it. If you can do that nicely, you only need to get to about 120 degrees round before you can roll out. Obviously if you can get around further it'll just make it a lot easier.

If you are spinning to the left (anti-clockwise), turn the bars slightly to the right, and vice versa obviously :)

However if you're only getting 90 degrees you need to get the spin better before you can try this. I would just say to remember not to pedal, just to hop. Try to centre the spin around the middle of the bike. I don't know what you do when you spin from a trackstand, but I always put a pedal kick in and kinda just spin around on the back wheel, with a bit of a hop. So basically the back wheel hardly moves and the front wheel moves miles. When you're doing it rolling that just won't work. Just hop from both wheels at the same time and try and spin around the middle of the bike (Y)

Ok cool, so basicly I need to role along then turn the bars a little to the right then pull up in to a kinda manuel startin to spin to the left then hop and spin?

Sam

if you are talking about 180's...

i need to know, how to do 180 + hop (like from rail to rail , with front wheel leading, leech style) from manifesto. its like a 180+gap but in the same move.

is it done with a kick+turn 90 +leap+turn another 90? i know how to do a rear wheel 180 spin. its way easy.

the 180 spin with front wheel first is harder. i can clear only few c"m and i cant leap far like leech does from rail to rail. ha, and it's made from a track stand.

didnt get if you were talking about bmx but if you are you dont american bunnyhop then spin, when you pull your arms up extend the arm you want to spin off, my right arm to spin left turn your head as your body will follow it round hope this helped!

Simpson

back to the original question....

you know how you lean into a sideways/90degree static gap?

you want to get that sort of thing going on.

i tend to roll along about double walking pace, give it a little turn to the right, hang my body left then turn really hard into the hop (front wheel up first while turning, then tuck) .

by doing that that I can get round 270 degrees or so before my backwheel touches down so 180 ought to be easy enough. ill try some 180s to fakies tonight now you've inspired me

I'm not talking about bmx, i am talking about that manifesto trick: 180 spin-jump from rail to rail. on a trials-bike only. :huh:

Yeah, that's a very nice move. (Y)

Well, from trackstand position, give a good pedal kick but turning into your bad side (instead of doing the 90 degree opposite your driving pedal, you go 90 degrees to the side of your driving pedal)

You turn the first 90 degree during the kick and lurch over the gap as much as you can, then you carry on the move aiming the front wheel first (a front landing will allow time for the rear wheel to realign and complete the 180 turn). :shifty:

I don't think you'll get it on your "good side" if your good side is opposite the driving pedal :ermm: .