Changing From Gears To Single Speed

steve huddo

i dont think some of you up there get what i was saying up there. you cant take enough links out to get perfect tension. the chain will either not fit or be far too loose. you will have to run a deraliur or tensioner unless you have horizontal dropouts and this is unlikley on a stock.

Can I just say that, that isn’t true.

And to back me up is this lovely Bt Raven…

Can I say, you my friend have just been told.

bt raven

WOW YOU LEGEND!!

I ran gears for about 2 years but decided to go single speed after my King slipped and a rock raped my shifter.

I'm using a small bit of cable in my rear mech to keep it tight, works ill.

I have had a go of bikes with gears and without and i can honestly say without gears with no tensioners is ace,makes the bike feel like a big mod,very impressed I personally find gears get in the way,especially the shifters.

zoo

That bt is running on a white industries excentric hub, meaning chain tesnion can be acheived by the axle on an offset.

I used to run single speed.it was great at first...But then i got sick of riding everywhere in a low gear... so i thought id jump back on the gears badwagon..And im soo glad i did.

Im running a cassette made of 19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12, A tiagra supershort cage mech, and a shiman trigger shifter. Gears are the Easiest thing to set up, asong as you stick to the recomended parts.

With thiss casette i have gearing for most situations and it looks quite good i think, i Just need to cut my frame - mech cable outer down then it will look better (Y)

Tom

Can I just say that, that isn’t true.

And to back me up is this lovely Bt Raven…

Can I say, you my friend have just been told.

bt raven

well as soon as the chain on hat bt stretchs thechain will loose tension and just come off all the time,

now you have been told