Welshside Ride!

mat hudson

lol :P

Does the north wales lads fancy riding bangor instead of aber cos

Theres a train station there

No need to drive

Easier

Less distance

Sorry other welsh riders but its not happening for us n wales lads :( Id prefer this to be organised when Im driving, cos then I will 100% be going (Y)

Llandudno tomorrow matt?, Lookey here

Edited by tipsy Jock

Managed to sort the bottom bracket in the end..... after much bodging (involved breaking the bottom bracket tool slightly..)

Infact I think its the best bodge ive ever done.

But yeah, my new bottom bracket has got bolts which require a socket set to do up, so im off to summit cycles tomorrow for some allen key ones, and a new 20t chainring as the one which came with the cranks is utterly f*cked :(

in what way is it f**ked? my ones in 3 pieces and still works. if summit cycles opens on sundays i'll get one then. is it open on sundays?

Um I dont think so. Not in winter, but im not 100% sure.

The teeth are really, really worn... so the chain catches and on every revolution the chain 'balances' on top of the teeth, before dropping back into place.. My old chainring is 4 bolt so cant use that.

you missed a good ride today tom, me and dave had a laugh :) all set for sunday then?

Ben

Yeah sorry didnt come out, I got up at 2 and spent most of the day fixing my bike, and its still broke :(

Wasnt feeling too good either after last night so dont think i'll be drinking much tomorrow..

Apart from loose cranks and a fudged chain ring, im all set :)

really looking forward to this. i'll be popping my "natural" cherry on the aber rocks by the sounds of things. wasnt much fun last time is was there cos i was on a dj bike ;) . theres one gap im thinking about too :shifty: .

Which? You should've played more on the rocks in town, fag :P

Tom's sorted his cranks now, after I told him the full potential of his crank extractor.

Let's just leave that one at that :P

I'll try and find that BB for you too Jon, in case Paul lets you down...

Hey Jon,

Sorry about not being able to find that BB. Would've saved you a bit of effort :( What did you get in the end?

Mat, 'cos we've got a freewheel tool, we could whip your 16t Claw off, and put my new 18t Claw on, and you could run 22:18?

Ok i'm off out now... so i'll see you all tomorrow. Looking forward to it :)

Hopefully I can still back hop, I guess we'll find out :P

If anyone needs anything brought down like a... spanner, or a um, I dont have much else, get mark to give me a text - I might have it and summit will be closed. I'll be down there by 1ish.

Hey Jon,

Sorry about not being able to find that BB. Would've saved you a bit of effort :( What did you get in the end?

Mat, 'cos we've got a freewheel tool, we could whip your 16t Claw off, and put my new 18t Claw on, and you could run 22:18?

man, that frreewheel aint budging :( me and my dad hitting it with axe handles, 6ft extension bar etc. not happening. im getting up earley to give it another go tomorow though. also, it was nice to find a drawing pin in my tyre as i was trying to remove the cunting acs. mark i think i left my cam at yours :$

Don't worry about the pinging spokes sound, btw. It's just 'cos the wheel's being stressed weirdly. It won't rape it*.

*Probably. I mean, it shouldn't, but I know it'd be the case that I'd say "it'll be fine", then you'll shear the flanges off or something ridiculous.

Thanks for the ride today it was well worth the trip to ride with you boys & put

some faces to those user names. :D Speak to you soon & perhaps get that North

wales ride going in Llandudno or even come round to the best rocks in wales at

Tywyn only about another 30miles for you Llandrindod boys! (Y)

Speak soon Sam.