Sueing Companies

ogre

Have any of you every sued a bike company for anything or heard of them being sued (I'm not planning to i'm just curious), i had a thought that say your back brake went and you split the back of your skull on a curb and ended up in a coma, or worse, would you or your family be able to sue?

Hahahaha. :lol:

Ask Pete Wright, (Random in New Members chat). I'm sure he had experience.

Now now Dan. He tried to sue trials-forum, twice, not any bike shops. :lol:

Actually, wait, he did, didn't he? Something to do with Supercycles?

Man, funny days. :lol:

But no, thats only in america where they sue others for a mistake they 'caused, or which the company had no influence over. We have common sense. :P

Yeah, he was backwheeling a bench and his brake mounts on his Pashley fell off and caused him to break his back or something. So he spent months in hospital with his wife having to type for him, who then later died. Drazic his lawyer then possibly sued Pashley, then Section 7, then Trials Forum, then everyone else who said he lied.

Because it was the 100% truth of course :rolleyes:

heh heh what was he trying to sue for?

then everyone else who said he lied.

Wait how does that work? People get sued for opinion??!

As for the topic, even if I did break both my legs after messing up a huge drop, I wouldn't sue, it would be my own fault. However if it was a brand new bike, fully built to the specifications of the manufacturer, taken out for a test drive and something broke, I don't think Id be too happy. I wouldn't sue, but id complain....

Edited by PaRtZ

But no, thats only in america where they sue others for a mistake they 'caused, or which the company had no influence over. We have common sense. :P

How and why did he try to sue the forum?

"even if I did break both my legs after messing up a huge drop, I wouldn't sue, it would be my own fault. However if it was a brand new bike, fully built to the specifications of the manufacturer, taken out for a test drive and something broke, I don't think Id be too happy. I wouldn't sue, but id complain...."

What if the part was faulty, say one of your maguras split and BAM no back brake, if that happened to me (and i was unjured) i'd sure as hell sue their asses! (let's be ohnest who wouldn't pass up easy money)

Pete tried to sue the forum cos people called him names for telling fibs. >_<

Hahahahaha! Thats really sad an immature! I just would'nt bother! Unless i had like a 80%+ chance of winning! And also it wasnt my fault and it was due to manufactoring defects...

Craig...

LMFAO forgot about that

and so what if u win what will u get

the forum

? close it down and get 1000+trials riders knocking at ur door.

He said that 'cos we'd called him names he was going to e-mail the server for the forum and get the forum shut down 'cos we were all being mean...

Anyways, if the tubing split, you don't reeeeeeeally have a leg to stand on. If you've used the bike, you might've kicked/snagged/damaged the tubing in some way, and you wouldn't be able to prove you hadn't. If the brake hadn't been fitted and tested by a qualified cycle mechanic, you also wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

In fact, seeing as it's not designed for trials abuse - which you were giving it - you wouldn't have a chance. they could probably argue too that you could've worn a back protector but had chosen not to? Either way, it's not gonna happen...

heh heh what was he trying to sue for?

Wait how does that work? People get sued for opinion??!

"I think you're ugly so I'm not giving you this job."

*sued*

:rolleyes:

I've never heard of any cycle companies being sued but I'd be surprised if it hasn't happened before. Things like headtubes falling off then someone with full helmet protection etc breaking their leg or something, that'd be a viable case and it's likely they'd win something like that.

Pete Wright was a legend. the Forum wouldnt be the same place without the stories he told or the comments he made...always made me smile and feel like a better person...well not feel like such a retard with someone worse than me out there.

As for sueing (getting back to the topic title) i wouldnt dream of sueing a bike company. mainly cos i dont ride hard enough or let alone enough timewise for anything to go wrong but mainly cos thats part of trials...hurting yourself...its your own fault if you break something...obviously unless it is only 5 minutes old its another story

Indeed, pete wright was a bloody laugh, some of the stuff he came out with was just plain silly.

Oh did anyone ever go to his shop that he owned in bristol??!

haha, as for sueing bike companies, it has been done by some very pathetic people, but it is unlikely i would ever sue anyone unless it truely was worthy.