Grrr Help With Cranks/limey

John planet x

Right, building up my bike, and i go to stick cranks onto the new bb, (122 length) and doesnt frigging fit, the chain ring touches the frame, its only a 20 tooth ring, what the heck can i do!

I dont wanna do a smaller chain ring, as ive just baught a king cog for rear and it will be useless if i change ratios, the bb is long, and the cranks dont hit the stays.

Oh bloody heck, why does the crap always land on me.

Any suggestions, the cranks are middleburns

Edited by John planet x

F***, where do you get drive side spacers, and do you really need a 127? thats huge :/ can you use drive side spacers with 122 length?

Click Me

The Koxx Bottom Bracket is propably the best fit for the frame... And its 127.5 and it has nice green spacers!

I know its like £55 but your gunna need it if you wont to ride your frame :-

Hope This Helps.....

Craig... ^_^

I have square taper mate :( i see shimano have a un52 at 127, is there no way you can put a spacer on a normal bb or what ? lol i havent a clue ^_^

You should be able too i think, tartybikes can sort you out with one. Although a brand new square taper bb is going to come to what 15 quid at the most or so?

Well...

If it's a 68mm shell'd frame (which most Onzas are?), and you're using a 68mm set-up with your BB, you could always go to your lbs and buy a 73mm-BBwidth left-side cup and run that, then use a spacer on the right-side? Unless you're using a 73mm BB with a spacer already. The UN-53 apparently uses the same body for the 68 and 73mm width versions, just with a different left side cup, assuming you don't just use the spacer on the 73mm one? Or at least they used to 'cos I had one before that was just 68mm.

Man, that was f**king useless.

Anyway, just get a new BB I guess. Sub £15, and you can ride again. Almost every mod rider uses 127.5mm, so it's not like it's that uncommon...