Dmr Cheiftains, Woops, Snapped =p

street trials rider

Those welds look well shoddy and weak! stick with burns!

LMAO i snapped some burns in like a month before, thats why i went back to 3PC.... cheiftains like 10 times stronger than burns anyday (atleast)..... welds look shoddy because i SNAPPED THEM AT THE WELD, tubing doesnt snap perfectly clean

Edited by street trials rider

Get some mkIII's like i did they are uber strong, but be careful not to crush the bearings like me its a proper hastle getting parts. It took 5 months waiting for me to get some new bb cups for it.

i know i can get hold of MKII spares easier so i'd stay with them, i phoned up DMR after my lunch (which was when i snapped them <_< ) they said to send the whole crank set back to them and they'll see what they can do for me :D........ they did last me like 3 years mind, so the've taken some stick

Get some profiles :)

aint got the money for profiles :ermm: also only a 90 day warrenty as they are competition cranks :unsure:

Edited by street trials rider

get some race face diabolous or "propper bmx cranks" not mtb attemps at bmx cranks :P

i f**ked a set in a day, i was very unimpressed with them, poor quality bearings(rough as guts) and they didnt seem to 'feel' right either-flexy, didnt seem straight :S and the anodising wears off in nano seconds, and yes i did buy them new ;) now awaiting racefaces response :P

im really happy with my new saints, and i havent heard of any snapping yet-im sure some have though cos they are specced on some crazy ass freeriders bikes, but overall i would say they are the best mtb cranks out

Get some mkIII's like i did they are uber strong, but be careful not to crush the bearings like me its a proper hastle getting parts. It took 5 months waiting for me to get some new bb cups for it.

mk3s arent as strong apparently, mk2s were the best, i still have a set awaiting another trials bike :)

ever thought about trying primo powerbites? they are pretty kickass and come in mtb bb :) i loved them on my old bmx, and from what ive heard they last fecking long :)

ha ha mat, my new base is crazy light, its actually too light and i fall off cos i go too far on things :( still not used to it i guess

but the kona and commencal are a tad on the porky size, then again i need that kinda strength with all those headsets im cracking....... :angry:

smack daddies?!?! jeeez they are like almost 2 kilos for the whole setup arent they? they are uber heffas either way :P

im gettin powerbites on my 24, cos i want it too be ubbbbber strong and light :)

ermmm..... woops :-:D i guess i'm a very harsh trials rider :D ah well, nother thing to add to the "things broke" list :shifty:

DMR MkII Cheiftains

IPB Image

IPB Image

Some people seem to break stuff. Cause they say they are a harsh street rider.

No..........your just over weight.....and couldnt give a dam about style.

(Y)