Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

Might as well post in this thread as well....got a mk2 jade green golf gti, which was an 8v, and I am putting in a 16v which I've had rebuilt, ported head, lightened flywheel, high lift cams etc. Newish to cars so learning as I go, had to swap over axles, brakes, wheels and suspension and had many a ballaches along the way. It's getting closer, and I'm hoping it will be done before I got back to Uni. It's supposed to be a fast road/track car, but have VERY limited funds at the moment, so new suspension, brakes, tyres etc come after mot and after I start earning some bloody money. Also is you read this Jolfa....I've got a couple of questions...but I'll drop you a pm or something anyway. Oh and my daily is a diesel focus estate, so this should feel quite quick :)

engineclutch.jpg

norwheels.jpg

Hit me, which 16v is it? Going on Digi, K-Jet, carbs?

May aswell post my tiny bit of progress on my Golf while I'm here...

Having cut out the boot floor I discovered it was a double skinned affair, so what was left of the floor pan seperated itself from the chassis legs

Imi000a.jpg

Now welded up (badly I know, first time welding I'm learning as I go), next I need to weld some subframe mounts and a front crossmember in and the rear engine can be fitted!!!

Errm Well as I mentioned somewhere I'm still quite a newbie, but I read all 16v's were K Jet? Is that wrong? My first question is, where the hell can I find a steering column boot, apart from forums and scrappies. VW and GSF don't do them anymore, do you know of any vw spares places on the net? I was also going to send you/upload a couple of photos and see if you know what wheels and interior I have. (Not the teardrops) To be honest there is a tonne of questions all of which I have forgotten, so when I remember I'll drop you a pm or something, cheers dude. Oh and also, if you have any photos of a kr with all the ancillaries on that would be a mega help, I've had a google and searched a few forums, and got a few pics.

All but the ABF in MK3's are. But even that can be run on K-Jet no problem, 6a, 9a, ACE, KR, ABF they're all practically the same engine :)

Forums, scrappy's & eBay for all your obsolete VW parts (Y)

You should have the big fat horizontal stripe interior.

All you're missing is the altenator and the tensioner bracket there's not really alot to see!

Edited by Jolfa

Ah I see, yeah it's a KR from a mk2 so K-Jet then :) Well, long story, but we have two mk2's you see, one which was the original project car, and another which we were going to sell on (The jade green one below) but we ended up keeping and using. The one not pictured has heated seats, maybe from some audi, or corrado, I don't have a clue, same with the wheels, but like I say I'll upload a pic or something. Cool, cheers, expect a few questions over the next couple of weeks!

I do actually, got 79k on, we just took the gearbox off last week to nick the backplate. Bit tatty, wanna see some photos?

Yeah, why not. considering purchasing a driver with a nackered engine/loom (so need to find a loom aswell) so seems to make sense to gti it...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone care to share with me some information on the 1.9 derv units??

on the turbo units? is there any difference to the bottom end what so ever? and what is the difference between the different power plants as far as the engine goes?(injectors/turbo/totally different head)

Im assuming the turbo will have slightly shorter con rods so at to reduce the compression ratio(or different pistons)

any difference between the piston design on the TDI/ PD engines???

reason Im asking is, ever since I got rid of my transit, Ive wanted another van, I know of a vw t4, with the 1.9 tdi engine in, which apparently needs a new head, tempted to buy it if I get it cheap enough, but if i could get a 130 or 150 bhp head/head + turbo and bolt it straight on there(relatively speaking) then Id be mighty tempted.

Also anyone know what the deal would be with immobilizer/wiring loom with that, would it just be a case of head, and ECU and theres a seperate security module that id be able to ignore, or would I have to change the lot over and reprogram via VAGCOM?

Hey all,

Anyone know anything about rs001 bbs wheels? I have a set of 15x7s that I have just finished re-furbing and now unfortunalty it looks like I have to flog them. I think they are either 25 or 35mm offset, and I think they came off either a mk2 golf or mk3 polo g40, and I know they are pretty rare, but I would really like to know more!

here is a pic:

post-10250-1252853667_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elliot

Hey all,

Anyone know anything about rs001 bbs wheels? I have a set of 15x7s that I have just finished re-furbing and now unfortunalty it looks like I have to flog them. I think they are either 25 or 35mm offset, and I think they came off either a mk2 golf or mk3 polo g40, and I know they are pretty rare, but I would really like to know more!

They're not rare, they're massively overpriced, some people will pay a small fortune for them, what else would you like to know?

They were an option on MK2's usually see them on G60's, Fire & Ice's, high spec 16v's etc.

And anything over a couple of hundred quid for a set of 2nd hand rims is overpriced... I paid less for my whole car than some people ask for a set of these!

I paid less for my whole car than some people ask for a set of these!

Thats true, there is a set of polished rs001s on ebay at the mo that someone wants 2k for! Cheers for the info though dude, it all goes towards helping me sell all my gear and getting the hell out of this country for a while! Still does mean I have to sell my mk1 golf which is what I originally got these wheels for.

• 3 weeks later...

Page 2 makes me sad :(

However I did just take the head off my spare 8v and the hone marks are still visible in the bore, so I'm pretty chuffed with that for £60 for the engine box and ancillaries that came out of a 125k car. Think I'll be sticking new valve stem seals on the head, then I'll pull off my head, and depending on which block looks better either stick in the spare block and box with it's head put back on, or keep mine and stick on the spare head.

Would anyone like to but these?

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...24_649113_n.jpg

13x7 . 175/50 13

Asking for £80 back for em which is what I paid. Need abit of a refurb as laquer is crack on lips but apart from a days work there quite good, few curb marks.

They look like Minilites

Edited by G-baby158