Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

Everyone recommends HIC, I try them every year and they've never once given me a quote anywhere near reasonable ;)

Try Brentacre, Adrian Flux, Elephant (and put 3 experienced drivers on the quote) & Churchill, in that order :)

• 2 weeks later...

post-11751-1249489656_thumb.jpgpost-11751-1249489668_thumb.jpgpost-11751-1249489685_thumb.jpg

It need's to be lowered on coilies so bad, but i can;t really due to where i live.

Also need a rear boot spoiler and it will look exacly like the gti model, which is what i was aiming for OEM+, Although would like to pick up a set of ATS Cups at somepoint.

dont suppose you want to purchase a haynes manual for your car do you mate?

i had one of them as my first car, thir ace!!!!!!!

Hopefully going to pick up a complete 8v mk2 golf GTI engine and box tomorrow, I'll only be using the bare block and box, anyone after any bits and piece's?

You picking up the cooling system with it? A set of hoses and maybe a radiator might tempt me into actually doing something.

I don't think I'll have the rad, or the hose's to the rad, but everything else should be there.

Having had a proper look, what I actually just need is the little plastic bit that bolts to the head which the hose then bolts onto. That's a bad description, but hopefully you'll know what I mean... It's cracked and leaking.

Having had a proper look, what I actually just need is the little plastic bit that bolts to the head which the hose then bolts onto. That's a bad description, but hopefully you'll know what I mean... It's cracked and leaking.

I honestly can't remember there being a plastic bit, maybe it's different on mk2's, my rocco's engine's from a mk1 golf, so maybe they changed it or something, either way, I should have everything that bolts onto the head. Which side's it on?

I honestly can't remember there being a plastic bit, maybe it's different on mk2's, my rocco's engine's from a mk1 golf, so maybe they changed it or something, either way, I should have everything that bolts onto the head. Which side's it on?

Right hand side as you look from the front. I'd take a pic but I ruined my phone :(

Ah right yeah, I know the one, could well be plastic thinking about it, I've never fiddled with it on mine. I'd imagine it should come with this engine, if it does I'll let you know and we can sort something out, I'll want bugger all for it, just cover postage really.

Ah right yeah, I know the one, could well be plastic thinking about it, I've never fiddled with it on mine. I'd imagine it should come with this engine, if it does I'll let you know and we can sort something out, I'll want bugger all for it, just cover postage really.

Awesome, thanks :)

Being as you don't need it, and you're unlikely to go to the effort of selling it elsewhere... £2 + p&p? If I'm being ridiculous then tell me, I know not the worth of stuff.

Edited by JD™

Being as you don't need it, and you're unlikely to go to the effort of selling it elsewhere... £2 + p&p? If I'm being ridiculous then tell me, I know not the worth of stuff.

Sounds fine to me, covers the postage and effort of bothering to post it. haha You will soon have a PM

I wish rich, that'd be a laugh.

Edited by RobinJI