Trial In Wales - Free Camping - Training - Plus Downhill

UCI Trial

NBTC have just confirmed that they will be running a Trials competition in conjunction with the first round of the U.K. Downhill national series.

The venue will be at Corris in North Wales 8th and 9th of April.

The Comp will be on Sunday but entrants can train for free at the venue on Saturday.

Camping is free plus empty toilets!

This is a great opportunity for Trials riders to mix with riders from another discipline, the Downhill course is truly spectacular, run over a huge expanse of Welsh hillside with scary gradients, bog and exposed rockery – should be good to watch after the Trial.

No doubt other “facilities” will be available on site to assist with Saturday night’s party.

Entry forms will be available soon – potentially looks like a great weekend!!!!!!!

Edited by UCI Trial

shame it clashes with a tyke trial but then joining up with other disciplines is a great idea.

look forward to it

tom

Don't worry - TykeTrial have already been approached and are arranging a date change - details of change to be announced after our meeting on Monday. We think it's a great opportunity from British Cycling to promote the sport to the wider cycling community. (Y)

Don't worry - TykeTrial have already been approached and are arranging a date change - details of change to be announced after our meeting on Monday. We think it's a great opportunity from British Cycling to promote the sport to the wider cycling community. (Y)

that is brilliant news, i'm coming back from france on the saturday but i'm gonna be there for sure, this is going to be a hell of a weekends riding, i think its excactly what the sport needs, a bit of a mix up with the rest of the mtb world.

see y'all there :D

Brilliant new's,

This venue is awesome & was used for the Intercentre team trial for

the Motorised version of our sport & can even rival Yorkshire for nice

rocky outcrops etc. (Y)

Sounds like a good year for Biketrial <_<

I AM THERE, unless it is during a holiday at uni otherwise i will not be driving the 350miles, :(

If i wam there, expect Rob Clarke to be there too.

Will we need all the ACU shizzle???

Adam

I think it is, my easter hols start on the 3rd (week before) If i didn't have a dissertation to write i'd be there, stupid arse third year ;)

Well, if it's affiliated with the BC, you might need a BC license I guess, unless it's a "show" trial as opposed to anything more, if you see what I mean? It's a really good idea though, bringing it all together. The demos Ashton used to do at DH races used to draw in decent crowds, and the Fort Bill stuff all went off really well, so why not?

i was warned the entry fee wil be a little extortionate :( if the entrance fee is high you'll have to count me out, havnt got very much money :( i'll just ride it the day before, free! :P i think a high entry fee will put alot of people off.

Edited by mat hudson

PARTZ;

A reply to both your posts, (your question in Trials chat).

Competitors will need a licence from British cycling. All NBTC members already have licences; new members will receive them free during 2006.

We could have split up the accumulative costs to mask the final cost, for example, £15 entry, £10 licence, £5 to camp, £X’s token payment to ride at the venue on Saturday and on and on…………………

In addition competitors may also camp for free on Friday night.

Entry fee for the competition is £20 Club membership is £10.

At the worst way a new rider will have to join NBTC, but other events are to follow, UCI National championships Trials event, World cup Downhill Trials event, etc, so it’s not just a one off payment.

A licence is your ticket to insurance cover, plus a commitment on your behalf to abide by the rules of the competition you are taking part in. No doubt there are other possible ways to approach the organisation of competitions, but the Club membership – licence holding regime is tried and tested.

Organisers also need the safety net of insurance in case of litigation over an accident. No one in their right mind would set out or ride in an event without good back up from a reputable licence issuing sporting body.

Its surprising that so many ask “why do we need a licence?” but very few ask “what insurance benefits come with a particular licence?”

Out of interest what pre conceived ideas of entry fees did you have?

So why can't it be run like the NPS system of using a one of payment for the day insurance instead of roping people in to join clubs that they might never use again.

I raced for two years using nps and the only time a license was mentioned was regarding points for the results table.

What exactly is all this money being used for? Do you have to maintain a trials course ? . Is this privately owned land ? Or is it somewhere random and if so what justifies someone needing insurance and what benefits does he/she get of having this license ?

Do we have anywhere that information like this can be found out or is it only found by asking on forums :S

Edited by CBProductions

its like anything mate.

People go out of their way to do things like this. if you dont likeit people arent MADE to turn up. its an event linked with "other" cycling disiplines and would be great as someone has already mentioned to link it in with british cycling more to get "trials" noticed more.

£20 for entry fee you pay that to ride @ british rounds? does anyone else query that???? i do not think so.

£10 membership. people have to do paperwork and then the money goes BACK into trials. for example if you were un aware there was the 1st EVER world round in england last year which cost around £16k to host. it was a huge sucess and was literally funded by people raising money and doing things off their own back. in conjunction we hosted one of the best events ever possible in this country with HUGE sucess.

im not having a go but the 2 questions you are querying are as follows:

Money goes back into the sport that we participate in, if yuo do not agree with it, dont turn up. but most people will turn up as more and more will want trials to be publisized in and around other cycling diciplines.

Waynio.............................

which cost around £16k to host

£24½k to be precise!!!

Where does the money go?

- New section flags for 2006 = £250 ish

- New masonary drill for section building = £100 ish

- New tables for signing on = £50 ish

- Website hosting = £100+ each year

- Mailshot to each member for each event = £900+ per year

- Annual club insurance £400 ish

- Rent for venue £100+ ish each

- Toilets £100 ish each event

- Wine to thank observers = £60 ish each event

- Section tape for national round = £25

- Awards for top 3 in each class at club rounds = £50 (club comps) to £400 (british comps) each event

- End of year championship awards £650 each year

- I've just got back from shopping and have spent £70 on stationery and things like clipboards.

- Telephone calls to riders who've not enclosed cheques with forms or not said which class = unaccountable and donated

- Rubbish bags, marker pens, time-clocks, batteries, punchcards, punches ....

Do I need to go on?

Everything costs money - thankfully in trials people's TIME is donated!

100 quid web hosting?

Holy shit you are getting ripped off. :P

I know it isn't much, but you can easily save atleast 50 on hosting if you look properly. Unless the site pulls over 30/40gb bandwidth a month, which i highly doubt. Even then you can get cheap hosting for that much bandwidth.

And CBProductions, why on earth do they need to justify the cash flow to anyone, let alone on a website? I would of thought it's pretty damn obvious where the money goes. :huh:

i know i dont really have a right to comment and i dont want to seam like i'm having a go but why dont you reuse stuff? anyway, i'll try be there if its 20 quid :) cheers for organising (Y)

If I've read it right though, its £30 (unless you're a member)

Yeah please understand Im not moaning and saying "woah thats stupidly expensive, you're ripping us off blah blah blah" I appreciate the work you've out into this :D But so long as I don't have to go through some stupid riff raff when applying for a license (like applying for a driving license.... :| ) Im happy

So...where are the entry forms? :)