What Pedals Should I Get ?

jak-89

Get some of these

[attachmentid=2854]

I've just invested in some after using V8s for so long.

The thing with V8s is that they are good etc but the pins are rubbish. At the sign of wind there gone and you can never replace them because they screw in/out from the top, which is always mashed from landing on walls etc.

£30 and you can remove the pins from the back with an allen key. Dosen't matter if you mash the pins.

Black or white :)

post-4006-1142609309_thumb.jpg

Get dmr v8 pedals again, ive just got a brand new pair and sometimes they grip my feet so much i cant get of them lol, it sort of makes me feel safer when doing drops and gaps because i know im not going to slip of them. :) Also there only £21 pounds from tartybikes.

DOM

Edited by domonza

I have been using onza hognesiums since the bike show last year (where i bought them) They are light smooth and are definately better than the v8's that i used before them.

The dmr's came loose all the time after about 8 months of using them and they became increasingly unsmooth. The metal grips on them wore down and it's obviously not possible to replace them unless you're quite handy with a drill and some grub screws. Eventually the axle snapped on the dmr's so i was forced to get some new pedals... lucky that the bike show was the very day after the dmr's had snapped.

With the hognesiums they were very grippy and every single pin is replaceable so should you mash them up you can stick some new ones in. i have used them mainly for street riding and i have only lost 3 pins on each pedal... mind you i havn't bothered trying to replace them. These pedals have taken a beating and are still going strong, i'm not looking at replacing them any time soon. :D

I use V8s and put terror pins in them as i found the small pins not stucky enough. I did have a pair of cheap onza beartraps but they werent holding my foot so I sharpened them and slipped again and left some nasty holes in my legs so I got V8s (and shinpads).

hi, i own a pair of dmr v8's and as you probally know they are pretty good yeah?

any way it is not worth gettin the dmr v12 because they are a waste of money compared to the v8's which are probally better i would like to advise another pair of dmr v8's but if you dont want them i will suggest try-all mini magnesium pedals but at £45 it is probally easier gettin some dmr v8's

Hope i can be off help, and check www.cleanbikes.co.uk if you can not find the try-all mini mgnesium pedals,

also check www.tartybikes.co.uk =) because its a very good trials shop

Thanks will

hi, i own a pair of dmr v8's and as you probally know they are pretty good yeah?

any way it is not worth gettin the dmr v12 because they are a waste of money compared to the v8's which are probally better i would like to advise another pair of dmr v8's but if you dont want them i will suggest try-all mini magnesium pedals but at £45 it is probally easier gettin some dmr v8's

Hope i can be off help, and check www.cleanbikes.co.uk if you can not find the try-all mini mgnesium pedals,

Thanks will

How are V12's not worth the extra money, and how are v8's going to be better than them? Do you not think that there are obvious advantages from say, V12 magnesiums to a set of V8's. I've owned both and the bearings in the V8's went after about a month on my downhill bike but the V12's are still going strong.

V8's with terror pins would be a good idea, but I'd still go with hognesiums or the DB BMX pedals :P

Ive had a set of the old V12s on my street/4x/freeride bike. I took foot off the pedal to balance myself before crossing a road and the pedal outer(think its either called platform or cage) came too. bearings went everywhere and lost most. Axel fine though. I did up end nut and rode off. They make a hell of a noise but they work and is still like it.

I wouldnt recomend them because of past experiances.

Get some of these

[attachmentid=2854]

I've just invested in some after using V8s for so long.

The thing with V8s is that they are good etc but the pins are rubbish. At the sign of wind there gone and you can never replace them because they screw in/out from the top, which is always mashed from landing on walls etc.

£30 and you can remove the pins from the back with an allen key. Dosen't matter if you mash the pins.

Black or white :)

I think I'm going to have to abuse my mod powers and make a sticky in each forum pointing out these pedals. Considering how utterly shit the bearings and pins are in V8s, I'm constantly amazed at how people keep buying them. Same goes for VPs. After removing the inner cage and threadlocking the bolts on to try and buy myself some time before they fully f**ked up, the bearings died. Why do people keep buying them?! They get flattened really quickly, aren't that grippy in the wet, and are basically dick.

Gusset SlimJims, for f**ks sake :P Can even get 'em in mag bodies too, so you can have them all lovely and light, even though they're light with the alu body anyway. Great pedals. Haven't got a pair myself yet so I don't know how long the bearings last 'n' stuff, but I've heard good reviews of them.

I think I'm going to have to abuse my mod powers and make a sticky in each forum pointing out these pedals. Considering how utterly shit the bearings and pins are in V8s, Why do people keep buying them?!

Might be because everyone is still slow and back in the day when V8's were cool. :-

Thanks will

Thanks Will :) thats helped me cheers (Y) im gonna go with anothetr pair of V8's then , the V8's i own now are still going fine and iv had them about 1 n half year but a few pins have fallen out, but... 1 and half year is very good i think :closedeyes:

...So... DMR V8's it is then

Cheers Jack (Y):)

Hey mate

I use the Planet-X caged jobbies....well grippy on any terrain and for £12,your laughing

word of warning though....after about 40 hours riding...the bearings do get a little dry....so top them up with lithium grease before you use them and then there great!!

hope this helps

Ben