What Colour Scheme?

theone2be

Well, ive got a silver frame, and i wanted to do a colour scheme like the ones below, i've narrowed it down to Red or Gold.

Getting parts in different colours dosn't bother me as I am a airbrush artist and can colour most parts the way i want.

So in your opinion what color scheme works best?

Red:

IPB Image

Or Gold:

IPB Image

Thanks for any replies

(P.S. ~ I havent got a control i've just used these pictures as examples. It dosn't matter what bike ive got I just want to know what colour looks the best.)

erm i would say red iam doing mine red and a silver frame and its not even finished and it looks hot....i was thinking though maybe ive got the wrong end of the stick but wouldnt it be even better if you air brushed the parts into a custom colour that only well almost only you would have this would make it be an original and one off this is if it is possible...just a thought :-

:D:P show us some pics when you have done it mate what ever you decide..

I think i'm going to go with the red. I'll spray my levers tomorrow, I don't see many levers being sprayed so i'll see how it turns out. (Y)

because all the paint gets rubbed off it when you brake? :ermm:

anyway red by far gold is over done

because all the paint gets rubbed off it when you brake? :ermm:

anyway red by far gold is over done

I thought of that, and I've also got some high strength clear / protective coat in the workshop, I think that could work nicely on them without it getting rubbed off.

I should be spraying a ronnie rim red aswell to match. (Y)

Another red vote from me, mind you i am a bit biased towards it because its my favourite colour.

The gold will attract the chavs as well... i was out with a couple of mates once and we were talking to these right old beaumont leys chavs, the kind that would knife someone for a bike. And they said that despite the fact we were telling them that jays bike was a £2500 kona (which its not) they would rather steal my mates 24 seven because it had gold hubs and matching gold resivoir caps on the hope mini brakes.

Apparantly it would be easier to sell on because of the extra bling factor to it. Might be worth considering. :ermm:

I reckon a gold and silver bike looks tacky. Im going with an orange theme on my Zona because I dont like red but i dont like gold any more because my zona had enough gold parts to look tacky and not enough to make it took nice.

I would recomend red though. (Y)

My echo is done in gold, very similar to the one in the photee. Gotta say, when i clean her up & leave her on display at work (local bike shop) it attractes a lot more attention than any other bike in the whole place. (even when we had a £3500 siemens cannondale on display)

Red looks awesome too but i've seen lots of red parts that arent really all that old and they do seem to fade fairly quickly. If your paint job holds up then you can't really go wrong with either colour in my opinion.