Lever Height?

Jared

Where does everyone like to have there levers.I normally find it comfy having them level with the floor if you know what i mean.But i found out tonight that it hurts my finger (front brake) when i do side hops,it like bends it back.Ive noticed quite a few people have theres low in videos,so how do you have yours and why do you have them like that?

I know its difficult to state but just...Low...inbetween....high would do.

Thanks in advance

Gonna cane your wrists doing big ups and stuff surely?

Generally, I make it so they're the same angle as my fingers/arms when I trackstand, then raise them up a few degrees so when you're far off the back of the bike (meaning your fingers will naturally level off more so they're horizontal), they're still comfy :)

Gonna cane your wrists doing big ups and stuff surely?

I totally agree!

I have my levers about 45 degrees down, when i'm on the backwheel they feel comfortable in that position. I also find I get the most pulling power when I pull upwards and in, rather than just straight back.

Ian

Edited by Onzaboymark

Yup,I kinda do it the same as Mark, I have mine set up so when im sitting on my top tube I adjust them so the top third of my finger (look at your finger, it's in 3 distinct parts) is covering the lever... I've seen many people with theirs pointing to the ground. It must be ok while on the back wheel, but for anything when the front wheel is on the ground I simply can't imagine how shitty that must feel, not to mention the problem's caused to one's wrist by doing that...

Yep, I'm so anal with my lever position I set the reach adjuster screws so that when relaxed, my finger rests on top of the curve of the tip of the lever. When you pull it, your finger naturally moves into the scoop 'cos of the arc of the lever. 100% "Not missed the lever 'cos I'm a spaz" record :P

And Mr. FlipkickBS - denied ;)

Thanks for your help boys its much appretiated.I have put them where you lot have said you put them so hopefully its comfortable.The reason why i have them level is because i have them like that on my Moto trials bike and my motocross bike so it was just what i was used to but obviously there was no sidehopping and stuff on them.

stand up with your bike between ur legs and put your hands on the bars and strech your fingers out and see where they reach and feel comfortable and that will be perfect for you

Personaly I disagree.

If you are standing on your pedals you will be higher up so your arms will be at a steeper angle going down, so the levers will be too far up, Depends on your hight aswell I supose.

I like to have them at about a 35 degree angle.

Hi, I have my levers at a 45 degrease down from horizontal on the bars, I find this a comfortable position when i am no the back wheel. Just stand up with you're bike in between you're legs and put you're arms pointing 45 degrease from you're shoulder. It is where all my mates had it and told me to put mine there and i really like it now even though it felt weird at first.

Thanks Allen.

WTF!!!!!!!!! Oi! Make my name green so I can lay down some of that shiznit!

Unbelievable <_<

:P

Ian

Haha, what a first.

Please do not ask to be validated

Please do not ask why you can't post in other places

Please do not ask to have your name turned green

:P