What Are The Best Pads For A Smooth Rim?

I use Zoo green pads. I'm running a smooth Onza Ronnie rim and using an Echo Control booster on my Revell. I've only had the pads about 2 months and performance has been really good so far. The wear rate is good also - they've hardly worn at all.

They have worn slightly unevenly on the edges - so the edges are more round rather than square if you see what I mean. I'd recommend them though, much better than Kool Stops and RimJam blues which I've used previously.

In summer, your brake is immesnce if you run zoo pads on a smooth echo rim with a little bit of tar :thumbsup:

shut up!!!! any brake works good with tar so your review is obsolete, now go home and give your bike to charity

Ben

A good working brake shouldn't need tar or a grind. I have Plazmatic CRM pads set up amazingly on a Echo CNC rim. Water bleed etc. Simply cleaned the rim with "Halfords wheel Acid" Which is a dispensor for brake dust etc, and my brake grabbed amazing also had the most loudest squeek ever. I ground if after that as i was tired of having to clean the rim every week etc. And my brake was amazing, but thats only because i know how to set a brake up perfect.

Just use kool stops or heatsink reds/blues, or watch Rowans video and then realize you only need standard magura pads.

But at the end of the day, if you want a really good brake, you will have to grind your rim and get some fancy pads. A brake cant be good just based on riding in the dry, it has to be good in all weather conditions to be classed as a good brake.

Ian

shut up!!!! any brake works good with tar so your review is obsolete, now go home and give your bike to charity

Shut-up-a-you-face,

Zoo pads with tar works better than kool stops with tar. Fact.

Zoo's with a bit of tar works great. Never felt a brake better that what i have now, and i've tried koxx browns, coust pads etc.

Shut-up-a-you-face,

Zoo pads with tar works better than kool stops with tar. Fact.

Zoo's with a bit of tar works great. Never felt a brake better that what i have now, and i've tried koxx browns, coust pads etc.

Yeah but i can get blacks to work with tar, tar's shit in my opinion it don't hold aswell as a grind ... no way, just get a grind with plaz and you'll brake will lock like a biatch

if you want a quick fix to get good brakes with a smooth rim even in the wet............

...........lightly melt the surface of the pad on a hot smooth surface (old frying pan or somthing), it makes the very surface layer tackier and still works as well in the wet.