Wearing Helmets?

joe parker

Yeh helmets are gravy.

Although I dont wear mine wen I'm just riding along, only when Im going to pimp it up on the back wheel.

Oh and the reason I dont wear it riding along is that travelling at 5mph and pedalling like a mincer doesnt make you look any better if your wearing a helmet.

rode XXX ammount of times

wore a helmet 2ce

hit my head once

and i had the helmet on!!! :lol: WOOP!

i would ride it more just i forget i genrally only pick it up when its wet and pitch dark - but thats only because i think 2ce before leaving the house to ride :$

i would ride it more just i forget i genrally only pick it up when its wet and pitch dark - but thats only because i think 2ce before leaving the house to ride :$

What? lol

I bought mine about 3 weeks ago, now I always take it with me but only wear it if I'm doing something I'm not overly confident with, or if I cant be arsed carrying it about.

I know I should wear it all the time, but nevermind.

saw this on a crash vid a while back imagine this:

kid goes to gap from a circular wall down to a wall must of been 4ft gap and the wall was only 5 bricks or so as hit lands on top of the wall his brake slips and loops out and catches the back of his head on the edge of the wall (outch) now if he wasent wearing a helmet that would of been a hospital job for sure.

now if you are the only one wearing a helmet and all your mates don't and they take the mick out of you for wearing one you can laugh at them when they hit their head.

also couple months back my mate gav goes to back wheel a small ledge underneath a roof as he lands on the wall his head goes through the roof he got away with a nose bleed as the peek of the helmet came off and hit him in the nose, better than a concusion don't you think?

hope this gets through your heads and you all go and get a helmet if you havent already got one

cheers ric

If you dont were a helmet your pretty thick.Just think what it takes to crack your head open and maybe die,not much.I always were a helmet when i go out to ride trials its just common sense.I do get a lot of people say hahaha look at that nerd wearing his helmet.I just ignore them and let them get on with it.At the end of the day id rather look like a nerd by wearing my helmet than looking like a nerd lying next to my brains on the floor.

The other day i was riding and i tapped a rock and every thing went wrong and i ended up face planting the rock and luckily i was wearing my helmet and the peak saved my face (although i hit my collarbone which hurt :( )

Its alot funnier crashing when you have a helmet on to and it looks a lot more proffesional(good) on videos if your wearing one.

:helmet:

I always wear a helmet now, I didnt used to until one of my friends brothers split the top of

his head open after falling off some dirt jumps in a local wood without wearing a helmet. What was even worse was he was alone at the time, and it was about half an hour before some other kids found him and called for an ambulance. This experience totally put him off riding, which is a shame as he was one of the best riders in the area. Not fun :(

Depends, if I go out riding natural (which I hardly do because there aren't any natural spots within 100km of me) or to a big ride, comp, another city, or just plan to do something big (which I hardly ever do) I'll put a helmet on.

The last time I fell over badly (onto my back from 7 pallets) was over a year ago and that was so minor I felt nothing... yet it I could have hit my head on the ground.

So nope, I don't wear a helmet when going out for a normal ride. Just put a cap on.

I know this is stupid and that's what your thinking, and I probably agree with you. Might buy a proper helmet soon, then I'll start riding in it.

You cant go calling somebody thick because they don't wear a helmet. It's their choice whether to wear one or not. I think people on here should understand that better. I realize its a safety issue, but at the end of the day, its PERSONAL safety. I didn't wear a helmet for about 6 months when i started riding, and gradually started riding with more people and realized it was the 'done' thing to wear one.

People should not judge you for not wearing (or wearing) a helmet.

Ian

hope this gets through your heads and you all go and get a helmet if you havent already got one

cheers ric

Rick always tells me off for not wearing a helmet - about 2 miles away from home when he came and picked me up for my garage :ermm:

just too annoying carrying it round all the ride and if i have a camera it doesnt all fit in!

although i know no excuse will ever do!

Rick always tells me off for not wearing a helmet - about 2 miles away from home when he came and picked me up for my garage :ermm:

just too annoying carrying it round all the ride and if i have a camera it doesnt all fit in!

although i know no excuse will ever do!

WHAT!!!! If you got a helmet you wear it, not carry it!!!jesus dude, I was riding to school a few years ago, parents strict and i always had to have my helmet! i was just riding down the road when some twat just walked straight in front of me, nothing to do so I ploughed into him, went flying into a wall, head first and knocked a brick out, luckily all that came of it was a dent in my helmet, but had it been my head :ermm: Other times i've just been riding along when a car pulls on you! much better to have your helmet on!