Britain In 10 Years

fredrico

I have just been reading the topics about chavs shooting at people with guns and started thinking what will Britain be like in 10 years. I mean people wave knives around already but now they are using guns what will it be like in 10 years? This is not the only problem for example, yesterday down my local skatepark a new shelter had just been put up so there was around 50-60 chavs hanging around when a policeman turned up. He got out his car and started walking over to the group which he then started to hide behind a bush, he slowly walked over and asked what he had to then almost ran away. Ok fair enough he was on his own but there have been 3 or 4 policeman turning up and then getting away as quick as possible, so whats going to happen if the police are scared to do anything then surely we have lost the battle already. I would be interested to know your view on this!

i think two things could happen,

first off things could continue getting shit, the next generations could all decide to become yobs and it'll be the norm to see pregant 12 year olds drinking down your local. The new cops will probably toughen up but as a result violent crimes will become, well... more violent. Unemployment may rise and the economy will crumble and eventually, with all the racism, crimes, murders, rapes etc, it could all result in some form of civil war.

obviosuly it would take years to get that bad.

or, which is hopefully more likely, this 'chav culture' will turn out to just be another phase, gansta rap and other gay infulences will die out and new trends will take their place. The next generation will look for something else to cling onto, and other activities to kill their time, rather than just standing on street corners drinking cheap booze, starting fights and feeling eachother up. Kids will become kids again, and still play with action man at the age of 12, and sex and binge drinking will go out of favour with youngens.

i've seen this sort of happen round here, my little brothers freinds all used to be skaters, the music, the clothes and skated every saturday. Then they hit 14, pulled on a pair of trackies, somehow thought "yeh, these really suite my skinny legs" and set off down their local maccy 'ds to smoke pot and drink carlsburg.

I work at morrions so i always see them coming in on friday night to get their fix of milk and chicken nuggets. But the last few weeks, they haven't shown up, then i saw a few of them the other day dressed almost normally with gym bags and some kind of racquets. So maybe the chav thing was just a phase and they finally decided to grow up.

However, they have be rapidly replaced by the next generation, who look about 9, and talk shit, then follow it up by "what time does your mum say you 'ave to be 'ome by"

For me, i think chavs are chavs, becasue of bad parenting and lack of disipline in schools, my parents weren't strict by any means, but i knew my place, and knew right from wrong, and i think i turned out ok. And my school used to be ace, it had a band of about 10 strict teachers, who would kill you if you went out of line, but rewarded you if you were decent to them. However, they gradually died or left and got replaced by limp wristed wimps, who simply don't dare stand upto the kids becasue they are intimidated, so the kids of today grow up thinking they own the place. (wow i sound old).

Meh, i dunno what my point is anymore, so i'll end.

It will get better I hope , though there will always be crime it can go up or down regardless of who is in charge. Police have strict rules about travelling alone so it could have been a community officer remembering he/she isnt paid to deal with that kinda shizzle (Y).

I do hope we don't end up like america though.

i've never been to Briatin.....

i think we'll be giant superbeings, only completely hairless.

and i think at the end of the day, we'll be more or less the same.

only with bigger hands , eyes and sex organs.*

*if you wonder what that will look like, look in the back of a spoon, in the bathroom

God I love you.

I dont think it'll change that, the chav thing is just a norm, theres always been people sat on a park with a few cans, and fair enough if they don't bother me. Chavs, in my eyes, are just people to laugh at. I was out riding yesterday and saw one with no hair on his head what so ever, he walked closer and it turns out he's about 13, I had to laugh at him.

But as I said, they keep themselves to themselves around where I live, so its not much of an issue.

Outside my house we have a park, and when I were about 10ish, all those scary teenagers used to hang about on there, sniff glue, get pissed and go home. There used to be loads of them, and now I'm the age they were back then and now when I walk about town and see some of them they're all married, jobs, kids, car, house.

Everyone grows up, some people make it and some dont, the onces who don't are the ones to worry about.The ones constantly breeding scum into the UK.

So, I dont think it'll change at all.

I hope it will get better, although it probably won't. I might ask my smartarse history teacher he'll have some kool answer. but then again i don't know who mentioned about the 9-year-old-looking-untCs but by the looks of them they won't nearly be half as bad as what we'r "dealing with" right now. they just brick themselves when ever i go out 'cause i'm a mosher (aparently i look scary to them).

For me, i think chavs are chavs, becasue of bad parenting and lack of disipline in schools

I don't know about that. As wild of an idea as it might seem, they DO have minds of their own. They just never seem to use them.

It seems to me that kids are too obsessed with being popular and too afraid to go against the grain. Even if it's the right thing to do.

I see a lot of what I would call toddlers (12-14 year olds) walking the streets harrassing people. I personally wouldn't have much of a problem slapping them all. (If they're old enough to mouth off they're old enough to take the consequences). But I see a lot of people running from them because of the sheer numbers in their "gangs."

I would like to see kids growing back bones and not doing things to hang onto friends who are completely false and have no morals.

I would also like to see the general populus give these kids a good kicking; if they're asking for it then you should feel obliged to knock out their front teeth.

i reckon england will be named a different country with all the imigrants that labour let in

This might sound a little racist but I promise you I have no problems with people of any ethnicity as long as they're nice people...

I have to say that stevyn is right. For a few years I've watched more and more Eastern Europeans coming in through imigration to a town around here. Most will probably know it as the home of chavs - Chatham, Kent.

There's a street I drive along almost every day in Chatham and the imigrants are out in force - not working, standing around outside the local Kebab shop, selling drugs to the chavs, then stabbing people for no reason.

Not so long ago three imigrant lads raped a 14 year old boy... so they're not only scroungers, but fans of brown love too. They still roam the streets free, thinking they own the place.

Now, I don't know what it's like in their countries, but they need to conform to our customs. They can't just go killing people because they wanted their shoes.

Anyway, I'd like to see a Britain with a better imigration policy, stricter policing on boozing (24 hour drinking while kids walk the streets with White Lightening - great idea by the Labour party), less fighting and more trials parks. But I doubt I'll ever see it.

All in all, it'll be a shit future unless Blair miraculously grows a back bone and wipes Bush's shit off his nose.

Now, I have to put my soapbox away and take my high Horse back to its stable.

I think your views of the future will contribute to the condition of the future.

The ideas you have will cause you to behave in a way that relates to that idea. Basically you're acting toward a self fufilling prophecy.

Consider the future in positive terms and that's what you'll try to achieve. Consciencely or not.

And another thing. All you people that have issues with "chavs". Something which is just another form of prejudice like racism, sexism or sexualityism but in this context is a form of classism, I think. I know people don't act in ways which we appreciate. Certainly when it relates to violence but I suspect a lot of you don't base your ideas about this social group always on violence but rather on appearance or unharmful expression. I've been beaten up and had my video camera stolen my somebody you would consider a chav, but I don't see that there's a need to think of people who appear similar in appearance as being the same as the ones who inflicted harm upon me.

Anyway, my point is, all this disliking or even hate you accumulate towards "chavs" only works to make things worse. Creating a larger divide between social groups which makes communication more difficult and negative presumption stronger. If you don't communicate, nothing is ever going to change. You people obviously have ideas of how the world should be (I don't know if they are good or bad opinions for us), but the "chavs" are never going to hear them because you all dislike them and won't communicate. Likewise, you're never really going to understand anyone from that social group until you speak to them and hear their ideas. And that's the only point at which you can actually make any kind of meaningful judgement.

The exchange of ideas leads to understanding, understanding leads to change. More likely for the better than the worse when compared to change based on assumption. Change is obviously inevitable, what would you prefer it to be based upon?

Edited by rowly

And another thing. All you people that have issues with "chavs". Something which is just another form of prejudice like racism, sexism or sexualityism but in this context is a form of classism, I think. I know people don't act in ways which we appreciate. Certainly when it relates to violence but I suspect a lot of you don't base your ideas about this social group always on violence but rather on appearance or unharmful expression. I've been beaten up and had my video camera stolen my somebody you would consider a chav, but I don't see that there's a need to think of people who appear similar in appearance as being the same as the ones who inflicted harm upon me.

Anyway, my point is, all this disliking or even hate you accumulate towards "chavs" only works to make things worse. Creating a larger divide between social groups which makes communication more difficult and negative presumption stronger. If you don't communicate, nothing is ever going to change. You people obviously have ideas of how the world should be (I don't know if they are good or bad opinions for us), but the "chavs" are never going to hear them because you all dislike them and won't communicate. Likewise, you're never really going to understand anyone from that social group until you speak to them and hear their ideas. And that's the only point at which you can actually make any kind of meaningful judgement.

The exchange of ideas leads to understanding, understanding leads to change. More likely for the better than the worse when compared to change based on assumption. Change is obviously inevitable, what would you prefer it to be based upon?

I've tried making the point of classism to a huge number of people (not on here), but it never works. People learn a slang tag for a social group and stick with it. It's just the way it goes. Easier to roll with it than fight it.

Anyway, I don't percieve people that wear track suits, caps hanging so far off their head it can only be secured by a few pounds of Gel, huge gold keeper rings and gordy gold clown pendents as chavs. No, far from it... they're just people who don't own a mirror.

"Chav" is more of a state-of-mind type of thing. They can dress very differently, but if they're spralled out, sparko drunk on a park bench, or bumming small change off of people before they head in to collect their methadone and most of their income comes from pawning the goods they've just shop-lifted and top up on benefits... then I'm afraid to say that they're a Chav. It's as simple as that.

I don't think that stopping the use of the word Chav will make a difference. It's the demographic the Chav's cling to that people hate - Chav is just the name given to the c**ts.

Get rid of the Chav culture, then you'll get rid of the word.

Fine, i'm classist then. I hate lower class scum.

Hate me for that, i'm not bothered... I was bought up half decent when my mum was skint bringing up 4 boys, but I didn't turn out to be a piece of shit, beating up people, bush shelters and cars. There's no excuse for it.

Nope I just have a problem with any person chav, black wannabe ganster that thinks its cool to go beat people up for no reason.

Somoene has to do something about the justise system, a life sentesce isnt a life sentence these days, if it costs too mcuh to put someone in prison for life for blatent murder with no motive wat so ever kill them, a lethal injection doesnt cost much.

We ned a secret kil;ling service, hunt down all the people that will be a burden on out society.

Fine, i'm classist then. I hate lower class scum.

Hate me for that, i'm not bothered... I was bought up half decent when my mum was skint bringing up 4 boys, but I didn't turn out to be a piece of shit, beating up people, bush shelters and cars. There's no excuse for it.

I totally agree with you.

My Parents work bloody hard for the money they earn, only to get nearly half of it taken off them through taxes that go to people who cant be fooked to get off there ass and get a job. But i guess they dont care, they can scrounge off unemployment benefits!!

To an extent i agree with you and i like to think i'm fairly forgiving. and i put up with most of the stuff i get from chavs etc for being a mosher, i apreciate how i look sometimes might not be but recently i've started not giving a shit and beleive that anyone who wants to look or act like that should have to put up with alot of shit like i do. damn i'm such a hypocrite but at least i'm not living off of your parents hard work! (who else can see this becoming a chav-hate thread?)

I totally agree with you.

My Parents work bloody hard for the money they earn, only to get nearly half of it taken off them through taxes that go to people who cant be fooked to get off there ass and get a job. But i guess they dont care, they can scrounge off unemployment benefits!!

Like I said the criminal justice system needs some sorting out.

Sorry but whats the point in banning someone from driving if its never inforced properly, a banned driver cuahgt driving gets a nice fine and maybe a bit of jail time, ban them, fine there f**king arses off, do something that will stop them repreating as theyve proven they have repeated i nthe past, kill them for all I care.

You get less for causing an accident if your uninsured, have no liecence than if you have both of these.

Happy slapping thats unprevoked with no motive, sensless violence that deserves jail time how ever old you are or correctional treatment.

I can rob a house and cut myslef on some glass and sure the owners what the hell is going on there.

I vote we go back to the ways of the Victorians they knew how to sort people out, shiped them off to Austrialia is they were nauhgty little boys, put them in mental insistutions if they was something wrong with them. The cane worked well and so did captial punishment.

A man kills 10 people he gets life why not the death penalty becasue its against his human rights according to the EU, well whats more important 1 perosns human right (serial killer0 or 60million people living i nthe Uk that this nutte rman kill. Not hard really.

There are some f**king dicks in governments across the world.

My ran over end of the bad spelling for now.

It will be exactly the same, only in the future they will shoot lasers instead (Y)

ha ha ha

on a serious note, I think when my generation can vote the BNP will be in power in my town. Everyone I know is racist, and with good reason I would explain but I can't be arsed. This, however according to a recent voting leaflet thingy will also stop anti social behaviour and stop more speed cameras being put up, in fact it looking good for the BNP at the minute. Thus meaning in the future my town should, in theory, be a nice place to be.