Avid Bb7 Disc?

There ok i know of someone who rides 1 and his works brilliant better than my hope mono at times but i would definitely recomend the hope trial, after all they are made for trials use. They have larger pads so larger surface in contact with the disc and so better braking, i will be getting one soon after been on numerous Waynios is set up like beast.

Morton

Bigger pads don't mean better breaks, as bigger pads give less pressure. And I don't think the pads are any bigger anyway, it's the slave cylinder that has a larger diameter, giving more leverage (or mechanical advantage to be correct). Just thought I'd clear that up.

Alun

There ok i know of someone who rides 1 and his works brilliant better than my hope mono at times but i would definitely recomend the hope trial, after all they are made for trials use. They have larger pads so larger surface in contact with the disc and so better braking, i will be getting one soon after been on numerous Waynios is set up like beast.

Morton

Liam? , :P i made this to see if they were any good , because he reccomended me to buy one :closedeyes:

Why get 7 when you can get 5 which is jsut as good

Just had a ride of my mates zoo python which has the avid juicy bb5, works AMAZING,

I would reccomment that over the 7

Ewan

shut up, 7 is the upgrade from the 5 so it is obviously going to be better.

yer thats what i ment soz but surely the bigger the surface area the better it will be. But i dont Know for sure.

Morton

The larger the area, the greater the friction, but lesser the pressure as it is spread over a larger area, pad size makes no difference at all to performance, may have an affect on modulation etc. though, I dont know about that.

Alun

The larger the area, the greater the friction, but lesser the pressure as it is spread over a larger area, pad size makes no difference at all to performance, may have an affect on modulation etc. though, I dont know about that.

Alun

Cheers Alun for clearing that up i now Know,thanks

Avid BB7

XTR Lever

Any cable, but people prefer linear cables, such as the oddesey.

Saved your self a good 30 quid off the Hope? and it holds really wel, modulates (well mine does, But I am fat) and just generally works, could'nt ask for more :)

Avid BB7

XTR Lever

Any cable, but people prefer linear cables, such as the oddesey.

Saved your self a good 30 quid off the Hope? and it holds really wel, modulates (well mine does, But I am fat) and just generally works, could'nt ask for more :)

I use that set up and my brake is brill', so I'd say go for the avid (Y)