Post Your Computer Workstation.!

Danny Kearns

Current workstation

Propped up by these cheapy cabs, amazing quality and good bass/high for the price, mids can get a bit dirty on times. Got two zeus 700watt cabs under my bed to give it some backup though, makes the bed feel good too.

The right side of the laptop, mixer ect

Left side, school shit

Desktop

And last, my favourite peice of kit... Absoloutely amazing quality pictures from it, love it to peices, my 50D

Honestly, never used anything like it...

Thenn why take those pics with something else :P?

• 8 months later...

Spotted this in my favourites, thought it was due a bump now. :P

<snip>

Since this post, I have changed pretty much everything in here, new desk, computer, monitor, speakers, keyboard and a few other bits and bobs. :P

IMGP2368.jpg

I know it's nerdy and a massive overkill, but I work from home so spend at least 6 hours a day in here on weekdays, so might as well be nice. :/

Edited by Muel

Edit: Is it a Boogie Bug AimB.Pad XL?

It is indeed, and it's seriously good.

I have a Razor Goliathus that my netbook sits up. I found that this desk marks really easily, so I wanted two so the mice didn't wear the finish off, and it was the perfect size to fit the netbook and it's mouse on. :P

• 2 months later...

46479_464336052462_578417462_6395265_5436283_n.jpg

My newest setup picture, I don't really like mac's, I brought it because I want to be more like Jon Mack, obviously.

I don't know what is happening with my face right there. I think it's a fail at the generic myspace pose.

8-core 3.06Ghz 6GB ram and 2 Dell 24" HD monitors :)

46479_464336052462_578417462_6395265_5436283_n.jpg

My newest setup picture, I don't really like mac's, I brought it because I want to be more like Jon Mack, obviously.

I don't know what is happening with my face right there. I think it's a fail at the generic myspace pose.

8-core 3.06Ghz 6GB ram and 2 Dell 24" HD monitors :)

Charlie, you geek. :P

I'll post new pictures of my studio once I can be arsed to moved rubbish off my desk. :$

IMGP2930.jpg

I tested out triple monitors just before moving out. I have a shit little desk now so it's a squash getting my 28" on it on it's own...

One day if I turn into a proper gamer, I'll buy two matching 28"s. Using 3 different monitors for eyefinity worked, but you have to use the smallest monitors max resolution, and the images didn't line up properly. Still, I had the 3 monitors and just had to spend £9 on an adapter to see if it would work. :P

I tested out triple monitors just before moving out. I have a shit little desk now so it's a squash getting my 28" on it on it's own...

One day if I turn into a proper gamer, I'll buy two matching 28"s. Using 3 different monitors for eyefinity worked, but you have to use the smallest monitors max resolution, and the images didn't line up properly. Still, I had the 3 monitors and just had to spend £9 on an adapter to see if it would work. :P

Holy brightness/contrast differences batman. It's like you're playing 3 different games!

Holy brightness/contrast differences batman. It's like you're playing 3 different games!

f**k getting them to match up man. I'd basically have to turn off the backlight on the 28". I was already having to run it at 1440x900 instead of 1920x1200, thats enough abuse for it. :P

63488_434692298276_510573276_5271077_434503_n.jpg

The new pre/post production room with crap old monitors.

I've got to make a big decision as to if I either 1) upgrade from Logic 8 to Logic 9 or 2) Buy a new set of monitors for the studio.

Tricky decision! :(

Software is free you douche.

IMGP2930.jpg

Dual monitors confuse me, let along triple monitors. Crrrazzay,

Problem is, the current ones do the job really well but they just look rubbish. If I can resell Logic 8 I may well get new monitors though! :)

Ah fair if they are actually decent then who cares what they look like, I just think decent monitors will make a much bigger difference then new software version where not a lot even changes. The ammount of immense producers I know that use old versions of logic, but I've never met one who writes on shit monitors.

Software is free you douche.

150+GB of samples isn't though. Also, I don't intend to rip off Apple for £119 when it's a very good price for an incredibly powerful piece of software.

Ah fair if they are actually decent then who cares what they look like, I just think decent monitors will make a much bigger difference then new software version where not a lot even changes. The ammount of immense producers I know that use old versions of logic, but I've never met one who writes on shit monitors.

Well they're crazy flat with good bottom end and a decent enough top end that you can hear the frequencies you don't want in the finished products. I just want some pretty KRK's or something but don't have £500 a piece space. :(

In addition, I know a lot of more dubstep producers have started using Logic 7 over 9 because it's way less glitchy for them. I'm kinda half tempted!

Edited by Hendrix

I don't intend to rip off Apple for £119

Fair point, not like Apple and other big companies rip us off at all...

Oh, wait :P

By the way, I like producing in good headphones, then checking it out on small speakers and my floorstanders - if you can get it sounding good on all three then you're getting there :)