What Happens When Back-hopping Across Bollards Goes Wrong?

IPB Image

Quite possibly the most painful thing I've done in a long long time. They were only about a foot high, square and about 8 inches x 8 inches. Bikes distance between them? Did the first four fine, but then I turned 45 degrees and went for another. I didn't really look properly and saw too late that I was aiming for the CORNER of the bollard. Landed, then tyre just slipped out and all my weight fell right on to the edge/corner of the bollard/block. The picture you see was taken a day later. The colour is the same as it was when I first did it, but a lot of the swelling has gone down. I reckon it must be pretty deep. Words cannot describe how it feels and how it felt.

Can't sleep. Can't sit down. Can't ride. Can't walk :(

Worst thing is, I have an 11 hour flight to Bangkok on Saturday. Then a 4 hour flight to Taiwan. :( :( :(

Go to the doctors.

A guy I used to work with had a bmxer mate who did something similar and it went black. He was going to leave it to heal but his gf convinced him to see a doctor and it turned out the flesh was dieing and it was spreading, if this is the case you may loose a chunk of your arse.

Looks evil!

Dan

Your arse is indeed sexy, has a feminine shape.

Go to a doctor, it will only do you good. Looks horrid... bet it hurts

Haha ... Loooks f**king harsh thats for sure ... i've had some mother of dead legs but nothing like that f**ker.

Go to the doctors.

A guy I used to work with had a bmxer mate who did something similar and it went black. He was going to leave it to heal but his gf convinced him to see a doctor and it turned out the flesh was dieing and it was spreading, if this is the case you may loose a chunk of your arse.

Looks evil!

Dan

Dude...

Savage!

Did that happen at the blocks between Shell and the Eye?

Yup. I've done them more times than I can recall. But for some reason I landed on the last one perfectly at 45 degrees ready to do the next one and I just went for it. Big mistake.

I am actually tempted to go to the doctors purely because they might be able to prescribe me some pain killers (or if I'm really lucky a local anasthetic and syringe to pop) to make the flight doable.

The photo was taken on my phone in the bogs so it looks a little more black that it actually is. Don't get me wrong, it's a really dark colour, but it's definetely purple, not black.

Just call me Bollard-Boy :D