Getting Married Soon, Only One Problem....give Me Your Thoughts

lego

Sorry to bore you, but I`am tired and still pissed.

Ok basically its this, getting married real soon and the in-laws to be arn`t coming, not only that but they have banned there son from coming too.

Now personally I think its because they hate my guts, which I really don`t give a shit about....but check out this lame arse excuse.

Excuse comes from the bride to be`s father ( Mr B ), but let me take you through the story.

About 5 months ago I asked Mr B if he wants to get a suit with me, or he will sort out his own...

I never got an answer.

Roughly 2 months ago I repeated the same offer....

He`ll get back to me.

Two weeks ago, I needed an answer because the wedding is getting close.

The answer which came via the bride...

My dads not coming because *you are only interested in what hes going to wear, and you never asked him if he was coming*

Well f*ck me sideways if that aint a piss poor excuse to f*ck your daughters wedding up.

Thanks for reading (Y)

Liam.

Edited by lego

First of all, congratulations. :cheers:

If you honestly don't care, then don't worry about it.

If it means a lot to your wife-to-be, then get her to talk to her parents about it all.

If they still don't come, it'll be them missing out.

(Y)

Go see him (or phone him if he's lives far away) and have a proper man to man talk with him, ask him specificly what 'his problems are' (maby not use that wording) and get eveything out in the open and clear the air, there's obviously more to it than a simple missunderstanding. Not only will you get her side of the family to come but he may realise that your a good responceable man and he'll be more happier about you marrying his daughter.

Good luck, and all the best. (Y)

Edited by JT!

First of all, congratulations. :cheers:

If you honestly don't care, then don't worry about it.

If it means a lot to your wife-to-be, then get her to talk to her parents about it all.

If they still don't come, it'll be them missing out.

(Y)

Thanks, and the only real reason I`am pissed about it, is for her really...its a once in a life time big day...and he dad came up with such a shit excuse.

Go see him (or phone him if he's lives far away) and have a proper man to man talk with him, ask him specificly what 'his problems are' (maby not use that wording) and get eveything out in the open and clear the air, there's obviously more to it than a simple missunderstanding. Not only will you get her side of the family to come but he may realise that your a good responceable man and he'll be more happier about you marrying his daughter.

Good luck, and all the best. (Y)

Sadly he doesnt live far away, I can walk there in 20mins....it just puzzles me why they would do such a wank thing, I always help them...

I can`t really face him at the moment, i have issues with talkin with people that do things this low.

It may be worth it though, just so you don't have any trouble from your wife-to-be? They dig the whole wedding experience, so you may wanna try and help out as much as possible. Be the bigger man and talk down to him :P

It is a lame excuse, but I agree with Mark, really. It'll make you look loads better in the eyes of your fiancé if you manage to get her parents to come. I reckon you gotta be the bigger man and talk to the tosser (Y)

Seems strange that you have to invite the parents to the wedding :S Thought that would be a silly thing to do, they are pretty much supposed to be there! Seeing as he is supposed to 'give his daughter away' an all!

Call me old fashioned, but I thought that is was the brides folks who sorted everything anyway!

I agree with the others though, you just need to go talk to him, find out why he is using such a poor excuse to ruin his daughters life! (but be a bit more diplomatic liam)

ps. was nice meeting you up hanley the other nite liam, hope you've not punctured that tube yet! get yourself a dual-ply rear!! ;)

The only person that can solve this problem is you. Get everyone together find out the score and sort it out. If it really is as trival as you being worried about what he's wearing then there's no point letting things escalate and if its something bigger than that its best to find out now.

Sorry I don`t understand why I should have to crawl up someones arse when they`re being pathetic?

Because it shows your worth it.

You shouldn't have had to ask him to come anyway, and I don't think that's an 'old fashioned' way of thinking. It is his duty to give her away by tradition, by not doing that, he's letting her down, how does she feel about all this?

Your first post gave me the impression you don't get on with her parent's, that may well be the case but by pressing the issue, at least a little, it shows that your perhaps prepared to compromise and only want to get along with your in-laws to be, if it's taken in any other way, you've done it wrong and blown it, or it's due to their stupidity or perhaps lack of common sense(as indicated by having to be invited to his own daughters wedding)

Have you had invites made out and such? If they've been sent out and he hasn't recieved one, I can see his point, but until that has happened, he kinda needs to wise up a bit.

What's your mother in law to be think about the whole situation?

Obviously it's not easy for you to talk to them about this, but your asking our advice, and we are telling you what we believe to be the best course of action, i'd also say go round, without a crate of booze, well dressed, and groomed without your fiance an try and talk to them/him about whatever it is that's bothering him. The likleyhood is he won't turn round and say 'i don't think your a suitable partner for my daughter' even if he think's it.

When and if you see him and discuss it try to make him do it for his daughter not for you (although you probably want it to be both of you) try to make him be the one in the wrong regardless of what he thinks, meh congrats anyway man :)

the father is in the wrong though. in fact , he's a fanny* (my missus is in a similar position & she gets proper upset about it sometimes)

you might as well have a go at inviting him again - just give him the opportunity to come for his daughter's benefit. It's not you that's going to lose out if he doesn't show, it's him and your missus.

*i used the c word but it censored me. fascists :P

Edited by poopipe

If you want to respect your bride to be's father than as said talk to him and apologise

If you dont want to back down, ask him why hes being so immature and not coming because he wasn't asked. Surely he'd want to be there atleast for his daughter, if not then both of you. You can also try the "well every other bride's parent's turn up to weddings so i naturally thought you would etc etc."

But in all honesty do the first one. She'll love you for it, and more than likely so will the in-laws

If you want to respect your bride to be's father than as said talk to him and apologise

If you dont want to back down, ask him why hes being so immature and not coming because he wasn't asked. Surely he'd want to be there atleast for his daughter, if not then both of you. You can also try the "well every other bride's parent's turn up to weddings so i naturally thought you would etc etc."

But in all honesty do the first one. She'll love you for it, and more than likely so will the in-laws

Most of the posts say what I want to do, but I`am taurus and stubborn.

One side of me wants to talk to him, and the other says "if he doesn`t come then in my heart he will be dead"

Not literally....

As for apologise, for what? for him being an arse?

Your wife will well use this against you in future. Seriously. If you don't even make an effort to try and sort it out, you're f**ked later on ;)

Just speak to him, it's not hard. Yes, you don't like him. No, he doesn't like you. Get some balls and deal with it. How old are you now? The whole "not speaking" thing should've been left behind in primary school, to be honest.

But yeah, my first sentence still stands ;)