Few Changes, Chain Tensioner Tweak

AdamR28

Looks a bit neater like that, does it work the same then, or any better?

Tensions exactly the same, but gives better chain wrap over the rear sprocket, plus its more out the way and there's no hanger to kill!

Cheers

Adam

those brakes work SOOOOOOOOOO well!!!

really nice looking bike, love the tensioner and position!

ditto, i was really shocked how well the worked :blink: loving the bike it looks purfect (some bit could do with being silver though :P, stem,brakes)

IPB Image

Picture I took on the train the other day. Suppose I should get some decent shots really :P

I'm riding hangerless too, but using a DMR. It means It does slacken off a bit in my set up over time, so I just have to loosen the wheel and tighten it. I don't know why I didn't think of running the rohloff hangerless too - I'll give it a go tonight :D

When you say "hangerless"... Do you just mean that you're running a snapped hanger, but with the tensioner bolted onto the QR instead? If so I've been running that for a while now as a bit of a bodge, I'll get some pics later. And I agree it is much better, although when (if) my homemade tensioner breaks, it's a more expensive fix than just £6 for a hanger. It seems pretty robust though.

I'm surprised no-one has done that to the rohloff before, it looks like such an obvious idea when you think about it. But you've done a good job of it anyway (Y)