Mod Or Stock?

python_man

I asked this question a while backand decided 2 stay with stock because i find it more interesting and you can still do the odd bit of dirt jumping on it etc. Also i think that trials on a stock looks better and a lot more challenging than trials on a mod.

STOCK (Y)

At the end of the day I think it's better to just enjoy riding rather than worry about what size wheels you have.

spot on. nobody around my area seems to care to much what size bike youv got its what you can do on it that counts. there are are stock riders about that are more agile on there bikes than mod riders and vice versa. the way i see it is that it doesnt matter what bike anyone has its always going to be about the level of skill the rider has never the size of there wheels.

I would say mod just because for me they are easier to ride and learn on, but thats mainly because i feel like i'm too streched out on a stock.

Although i do think on the whole stock bikes look alot more classy and stylish with the frame designs, and in some ways stocks are more pratical, but when have trials bikes ever been practical :ermm:

I think it must depend a lot on your style of riding.

Very true

I think perhaps a mod is better for pure trials (natural) with mostly hopping and no runups, but I prefer more flowing riding mixed with trials moves.

Likewise, although stock riders are at such a level that the challenge of riding a larger bike through sections is still there, but the skill and technology is easing this a little, so the gap is closing, what with long low, high rise BB stocks riding like big mods and all...

I also find it strange that 24" bikes are supposed to be more Streety than stocks even though I would think they would be more like a cross between mod and stock, ie. better for natural than a stock?

Perhaps a longer 24" bike, rather than 1020ish wheelbase etc. which lends the majority to street due to the flickiness of them, remember that 26" wheels will always roll that little bit better over rough terrain than smaller sizes though, so on natty they still have a few advantages, whereas on the streets this isn't so much the case

At the end of the day I think it's better to just enjoy riding rather than worry about what size wheels you have.

Get on!

it all depends on what type of riding you wish to do - for me i find mod better and easier because i'm resonably small and because i prefer to ride natural but i do prefer stock for street. imo for comps stock is better for uci and mod for biu mainly due to the clearence you get on a stock bike but also because when you use your bash plate on a mod you can be qutie confident that you'll be stable but on a ring you need to be quite well balanced to use the ring.

• 1 month later...
Mods came after stock, therefore stock reigns supreme.

That is so not true MODs came first. It was invented by some spanish father who wanted his son to ride Moto trials at a young age, but he was to young. So he customised a BMX to ride like Mototrials bike. This was the very first trials bike ever.

I think it was Ot Pi father was it not.

So there for by your logic MODs reign supreme.