Grips - Get Em Off!

T-Max

First of all i'd like to apologize for how stupid i must be not being able to do this...

I want to take the grips off my bars without destroying them (rules out cutting them). But i have tried everything my tiny mind can think of (putting them in warm water, using pliers...) but i just cant do it!!!

Please help!

Sorry again for my pure stupidness

i usually get a long thin plastic stick thing and cover it in washing up liquid, stick it inside the grips and move it all about then just twist and turn the grip until it can move and then just pop it off.

i dont see why you dont cut them, i only use the above method if i want to keep my grips but if you do cut them and if it does make a little scratch, it wont matter because the new grips will cover it up.

thanks

John Kan

The easiest way to do this is:

Use a flat head screwdriver, slide it under the grip alittle bit, then take some hairspray and spray it under the grip.

The hair spray will loosen the grip up and slide it off.

When installing it use hair spray as well, the alcohol in the hair spray will evaporayte and your grips won't move. It's quick and easy.

Matt.

Personally I use an air compressor and it works QUITE well. If your grips cover the end of the bars and have a hole in them, have someone cover one hole and put the air compessor to the other hole. Then pull. Be carefull not to blow them up. If i dont make sense send me a PM and I will draw a picture. Hope this helps!

Personally I use an air compressor and it works QUITE well.

Ive heard of people say this before but its just damn effort! - screwdriver bit of deodrant / hair spray / wd40 / gt 85 - people use different stuff - use the screwdrive to wipe the grip all the way round - and pull.... dont ask me for foam grips..... cut the f**kers off

I had this problem, and had run out of WD40, but there's another lubricant that most people have in their bathroom cupboards and it's just as good................. talcom powder!!

It's a dry lubricant, trust!

xSxEx

use disk brake cleaner it drys in seconds spray it under by putting a screwdriver underneath them then spray the disk brake cleaner. using many other things make the grips slide when u put new ones on.

if ur putting new grips on spray the disk brake cleaner on the bars then slide the new grips on be quick then the cleaner will dry and your grips wont slide a bit

hope i helped :)

• 1 year later...
First of all i'd like to apologize for how stupid i must be not being able to do this...

I want to take the grips off my bars without destroying them (rules out cutting them). But i have tried everything my tiny mind can think of (putting them in warm water, using pliers...) but i just cant do it!!!

Please help!

Sorry again for my pure stupidness

put some hairspray behind them