Jaffacakes

Football Or Rugby?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Football Or Rugby?

• Football.
    • Rugby.
    • Bla bla bla, there both wank.

Simple question. Which do you prefer?

I personally find rugby alot easier to watch, there's more going on, maybe 10-15 try's per team and a few conversion's.

With Football there could only be 1-0 per game (like the game just now) and to tell the truth, there just running around the field like asses for the other 89 and a half minutes.

Football Is taken too over the top IMO, Grown men kicking in a kid for playing football in the park with his dad just for wearing the "wrong" team shirt, that's just a f**king joke. Rugby is also a contact sport which Immediately make's it 100% better to watch :P , You also don't get all the riot's with people being killed in the stadium's, for a More vicious sport it's a hell of alot more civilized.

football is shit it is so rubish there is no point in it. just a bunch of men runnin after a ball and they always fake there injuries. i think there abunch of puffs and specialy the people that go to watch them in the stadium because they just get violent and start stabbin people for no reason. rugers all the way for me much more fun lots of controled violence :badger::badger:

Rugby wont win because football is just too popular, its a sport where you can just go out and have a kick about with friends and have a laugh, you can hardly have a quick mess about game of rugby with your mates.

I play rugby alot and me and my friends usually just go out and play football when were bored especially in the summer.

IMO rugby is better though, some people say its just a bunch of men hugging each other because they actually havent played the sport and dont have the slightest idea when playing or watching it.

Football i will watch only when england play just to laugh at there demise when they get knocked out (no doubt they will end up winning the world cup now ive said that). Footballs just soo pathetic now with the whole ''oh ive brushed my leg against you im going to do a platoon worthy dive on the floor and writhe in pain for a bit''.

so football for playing, but rarely watching and rugby for both (Y)

football is shit it is so rubish there is no point in it. just a bunch of men runnin after a ball and they always fake there injuries. i think there abunch of puffs and specialy the people that go to watch them in the stadium because they just get violent and start stabbin people for no reason. rugers all the way for me much more fun lots of controled violence

(Y)

Rugby for me!!

EDIT :But Union!!!

Rugby 4tw but Union is so boring, it's just kick and clap and most of the points come from dropgoals or penalties. Im making a rash generalisation here but it's all i see.

Rugby League is ace, it's not that popular so youu dont get that many dickheads, and it is cheap (Y)

Football is shit

Rugby 4tw but Union is so boring, it's just kick and clap and most of the points come from dropgoals or penalties. Im making a rash generalisation here but it's all i see.

Rugby League is ace, it's not that popular so youu dont get that many dickheads, and it is cheap (Y)

Football is shit

meh i've played both rugby league and union now but still prefer union. As much as i enjoy watching league as it is good for just generally putting a high tackle on everyone and is faster paced i just prefer union :turned: .

Newcastle falcons for the win ^_^ i wish haha

footbally is definitely for me i remember back in the day when we were little the ball was so big and used to kill your foot!

ginger ninger.........

rugbys where its at though i especially like woodward hes the boyo!

meh i've played both rugby league and union now but still prefer union. As much as i enjoy watching league as it is good for just generally putting a high tackle on everyone and is faster paced i just prefer union :turned: .

Don't mock :- haha.

Definately rugby union for me, the amount of diving that was going on last night in the Portugal vs Holland really pissed me off like. Still enjoy playing football now and again as a mess around, but since I started rugby last October I've loved it :)

Football for me i realy don't like rugby but its good to watch them batter each other thats the best part. But i am better at football than i am at rugby and i get the rules :sleeping:

So yeah football gets my vote.

defo football for me altho with all the divers it pisses me off more now, when i was a kid footballs were enought to break your foot.

f**king F.A. ueer poof referees - my friend broke somones collar with a shoulder charge and they didnt even get a free kick. Thats why watching pro footie is so goddam painfull to watch. Sitting screaming at the screen get up you queer - if you did half of those dives in my leauge the ref would come up and laugh at you for being a feather!!! one of the main problems in the sport!!! f**king queer diving drogba tossers.....

leauge doesnt have rucks you get effectivly 6 downs and then a turn over ball

(or other way round)

using the backs a lot more and the forwards just have to play balls to backs not crash in or ruck throo not as much mauling - more kicking on last down to snatch a try

I've always prefered rugby, never played seriously or anything but it's always been a laugh when we do it at school, could someone explain union and league rugby please :)

Basically what 'Pissin_on_the_fence' said.

Union: Rucks, mauling etc

League:Basically have uncontested scrums no rucks and mauls, Team that has the ball has 6 tackles and if they dont score a try or a get a penalty and have a further 6 more tackles they usually kick on the 5th to try score or just make the other team have more ground to make before possession is handed over. Every time someone is tackled the defending team has to retreat 10 metres. Instead of rucks and mauls when a tackle is made in league you have to 'play the ball' between your legs to the guy behind you. They also have 13 (union has 15) players. Oh and if you tackle someone in league they have to be 'held' in the tackle long enough before the ref shouts tackle otherwise the guy can keep on going.

i'm not a fanatical football fan, but i do enjoy the world cup, rugby has never held my interest. i find it funny that people who don't like football say ' it's grown men kickin a ball around'

You could give an explination like that about every sport

Rugby ' grown men throwing a ball around and knocking into each other'

Basketball ' grown men bouncing a ball and throwin it in a hoop'

you get the idea.. cummon guys... thats a poor excuse for not liking the sport.

ok football players in our country (england) are well over paid.. and thats rediculous.

The massive guys dont like it to much when you do that to them though :(

Rugby is like a mini war with advances and losses, where as football is just a dance off.

:lol:

I enjoy and play both.

5-a-side and Rugby both at college and rugby for my local club.

Rugby is a darn sight better in my eyes though, more action constant tackles, breakthroughs, interceptions etc.

BATH RFU *** :ermm: