Msg For Rich Pearson!

Right, I've never bothered posting on here for various reasons, ok, make that one reason, lol. Hence the somewhat inadequate location of this post.

But this, this one needs addressing;

Dude, I've just watched your 'Trapped in a moment' video. I demand more. Ok?

Reading through the comments following the posting of that video was interesting, most were positive, but the irony of those that were not positive just made me smile a little.

Fcuksocks, you know, I just drafted a post of unrivalled crafstmanship and yet I've given up and deleted most of it because I don't have any faith that it's going to be read by the intended recipients.

No doubt there has been much discussion regarding the validations process on this forum, but I'm going to chuck in my tuppence worth anyway.

I never post on here because when I want to post a relevant answer to a topic I don't have the permission.

Good Lord what the hell is that about?! Why can't this place operate in the same way as most other forums do? Hmm? Is it because it's easier to filter the drivel out of only one room as opposed to moderating the entire forum? Or is it to discourage those of us who'd rather be out riding than sitting rotting infront of a computer, trying to come up with suitable witty and original subject matter to prove one's good intention?

Sounds like a hell of a fuss to me. I want to reply to a post without having to submit my damn CV for approval first!!*

Ok, now I've said that hopefully I can stem any 'opinions' before they happen. That was not a direct rant at the forum mods. That was me venting spleen in my way. I don't have the talent to produce a thought provoking video, I am about as artistic as a brick. All I have is a reasonable vocabulary, so I use it when I need to.

I appreciate that the guys running this forum do a great service for the trials scene and it really is a commendable thing they do, however my frustration at not being included because of seemingly Hitlerian control principles has finally lead to this.

I shall use the phone to contact my riding mates as I always have.

Maybe my view on this is a simplistic one and there may well be reasons only the mods know as to why the forums operates as it does, but surely if someone is posting tosh, they can just be deleted wherever they may be on the forum? Which, no doubt, is the fate of this particular example of 'tosh'.

*My apologies for the use I multiple exclamation marks, I was in full 'rant-tastic' flow.

Edited by Angry_Greg

Possibly the best post ever in new members :o

Yep.

I got confused a little at first. Becuase of some big words used :P , And how you started reviewing a video, then going to a rant about the forum validation system, then change of mood to 'I know you're doing a grand job'

:S

But still, I say you'd be worthy of validation. :)

Yep.

I got confused a little at first. Becuase of some big words used :P , And how you started reviewing a video, then going to a rant about the forum validation system, then change of mood to 'I know you're doing a grand job'

:S

But still, I say you'd be worthy of validation. :)

totally agree with you there.

First things first. You obviously aren't stupid. You are able to type posts that I don't have to get someone to decypher first. You joined in 2004, yet still aren't validated. The reason for this is that this is your first post? If you'd have made one or two posts like this before, you'd have been validated before and you'd have been fine, yet you haven't posted anything, and as such, we don't know how valuable an asset you are to this forum? And this leads me to my second point, about why we have the validation system.

Basically, it got to a point where there was just a load of shit in almost all the other sections of the forum. People talking in text talk all the time, incredibly repetitive posts, people ripping people off, and people spamming the crap out of the place. When this is all contained, it's a shitload easier to deal with than having to check out every forum and post to try and find what people have done, and where. It's worked many times in the past (people have even commented in threads "This is why we have the validation system" and so on. If I wasn't tired I'd search out these threads to give you an example, but I'm not going to yet...) to our advantage, and that's largely why it stays. This topic's been covered many times before though, so just read the "Mike's Guide to Validation" thread and you'll probably see a lot of info about it there. It's not a "Hitlerian" (or whatever word you used...) system at all. It's just making sure that people who are on here are actually benefiting the forum by their presence, which is surely a good thing? It has raised the standard of people's actions on here, even though some people in Members don't appear to be 'good enough' to be in there. If you were more active on the forum when you first joined you'd have no doubt seen this, but again, if you'd simply posted anything at all you'd be validated by now...

Other forums have it differently because they aren't flooded by a bunch of mindless middle school rampage of adolescent ignorance. They believe text talk is acceptable, they believe earning benefits is a job, they believe that it is there god given right and mission to pull the english society down into depression.

I may start recording threads that prove and highlight why the system is in place, and why it works.

There are of course some exceptions to this generalization, for which i thank you for highlighting.

This is the best forum ive been on. :)

EDIT:If your gonna rant on about the vadilation system on here then join the world of mbuk's forum were most newbies use specialized hardrock's and old saracen xile's.

Edited by nickyw

I loved that topic, so what if he hasnt posted for a year or two, he was probaly fed up with the crap that gets posted in nmc. I think its more efficient to have someone who actully contributes fully to an answer rather than trying to come up with a decent topic. Please validate him :- .

Which brings me to another point. Master of gussests. Anyone? he's jus dissapeared? :(

I loved that topic, so what if he hasnt posted for a year or two, he was probaly fed up with the crap that gets posted in nmc. I think its more efficient to have someone who actully contributes fully to an answer rather than trying to come up with a decent topic. Please validate him :- .

Which brings me to another point. Master of gussests. Anyone? he's jus dissapeared? :(

It's not that he "hasn't posted for a year or two", it's just that he hasn't posted at all, so it's not too surprising that he wasn't validated? There have been some good threads in NMC, so they do exist...

It's not that he "hasn't posted for a year or two", it's just that he hasn't posted at all, so it's not too surprising that he wasn't validated? There have been some good threads in NMC, so they do exist...

Still, but he does deserve validation. (Y)

Dan.

I'm sorry, but this is retarded, you obviously haven't read the guidelines therefore do not deserve to be validated.

How do you think the Mods can judge whether you're fit to be a member if you never post.

In that very eloquent post you have proven yourself incapable of reading something in red at the top of the forum, or of grasping the concept of validation therefore you're not ready to be validated.

P.S. You won't be validated on the strength of one post, you have to show that you're fit to be a member for an extended period of time.

P.P.S I'm sorry if this seems hars, but I'm not having a good day. :P

P.P.P.S Flame me if you like, I'm going be away til wednesday, so don't care. (Y)

Edited by div

Wow, read it thinking small young boys voice and very posh acent and it scare the f**k out of you..oh and it is 00:07am!!!

Nice chapter but as has been said, you snooz you lose (well remaine) also if you bullshit about your entire life after being validated you will be banned and your new account will never let out of new members chat (not that i'd do a silly thing like that)

I personaly think that people who should be validated but arn't as they're missed is a much bigger problem than the people who come on here to spam, use texttalk and generaly post bollocks.

The validation system does work, yes. But becuase this type of stuff happens, it shoudln't be.

There's only 5 people on this forum that can validate people, i personaly don't think that's enough to cover the increase number of members joining.

Maybe if there were more moderators the forum might get away without it. Yes, you would still get assholes posting up bollocks, but with more moderators (who didn't have to spend time validating) it could be controlled to not let it effect the works of the forum.

I had well over 500 posts befor i was validated, granted it was in the time befor mods could validate, but it was still really anoying.

Edited by JT!

Posts in nmc get deleted after about a year I thought?

So his posts have probably been deleted?

I personaly think that people who should be validated but arn't as they're missed is a much bigger problem than the people who come on here to spam, use texttalk and generaly post bollocks.

The validation system does work, yes. But becuase this type of stuff happens, it shoudln't be.

There's only 5 people on this forum that can validate people, i personaly don't think that's enough to cover the increase number of members joining.

Maybe if there were more moderators the forum might get away without it. Yes, you would still get assholes posting up bollocks, but with more moderators (who didn't have to spend time validating) it could be controlled to not let it effect the works of the forum.

I had well over 500 posts befor i was validated, granted it was in the time befor mods could validate, but it was still really anoying.

Why change something that works well though? and more importantly creating a whole load of work for the moderators/admins as scrapping the validation system will lead to mass amounts of people posting rubbish, text talk, ripping people off, repetitive topics (I have seen 5 topics on 'what are T-pros like for a beginner?' on one page of the new members chat forum). Yes with more moderators the forums could be monitored and controlled a little more effectively/efficiently. But I think the validation system should stay in place because at the end of the day it does the job and it is not hard to get validated, I was validated after 4 posts.....

'Angry_Greg' as it has been said you clearly are not an idiot and have a good head on your shoulders judging from the maturity/grammer of the post. But although this topic does bring up some valid points and generally is a good topic, you can't expect to be validated when not posting at all and then when you do post it is questioning the validation system, when you havn't made an effort to be validated. This isn't a moan at you by all means just I dont see how you can have a little rant about the validation system on your first post.

Posts in nmc get deleted after about a year I thought?

So his posts have probably been deleted?

If you have been posting and that is the case, ignore what I just said :P

Anyway, in relevance to the initial purpose of the topic, 'Trapped in the moment' video was a brilliant video and sent a good/powerful message out (Y)

Dan.

I would like to be a moderator, im on here enough.

But then you get all the people from NMC adding you to msn and badgering you to validate them.

Plus all the extra responsibilities, would be nice but i think if there are any more mods they be out of The Senior Member lot.

But then you get all the people from NMC adding you to msn and badgering you to validate them.

Plus all the extra responsibilities, would be nice but i think if there are any more mods they be out of The Senior Member lot.

Yup thats how it works.

I think there are enough mods as it is, the validation system is now working a lot better and faster than when i joined now that mods can validate.

'Angry_Greg' as it has been said you clearly are not an idiot and have a good head on your shoulders judging from the maturity/grammer of the post. But although this topic does bring up some valid points and generally is a good topic, you can't expect to be validated when not posting at all and then when you do post it is questioning the validation system, when you havn't made an effort to be validated. This isn't a moan at you by all means just I dont see how you can have a little rant about the validation system on your first post.

If you have been posting and that is the case, ignore what I just said :P

Dan.

I'm sorry, but the boy obviously is an idiot if he didn't manage to figure out that you have to post to get validated. :-