What 26 Rear Tire?

Tim-Rodriguez

Hi people :)

My Friend Wants to know what is a good 26 rear tyre. He has only been riding for about 6 months on a planet x zebdi and he has tried michelin comps but he says they are too heavy and at the mo hes got a bald irc kujo but he wants to change and wants to know what other riders are using now a days thats good.

Thanks (Y)

Maxis Minoin 2.5 Sleazy rear 40A

But as for weight :huh: pretty darn heavy - but cuts many pinch flats and flats

Wether the width will fit the frame is another thing the knobs on the side of the tire slightly caught my echo control on a very buckled rim.....

I use nokian gazza's and triple x's (for parks) and can honestly say in the 12+ months of using these tyres I haven't had ONE puncture, no pinch flats or anything, even at low pressures.

They are a bit hefty though and I'm sure there are better trials tyres out there, but if you hate punctures these are the daddy's.

Or your mate could get another IRC Kujo, they are pretty damn good too!

Maxis Minoin 2.5 Sleazy rear 40A

But as for weight :huh: pretty darn heavy - but cuts many pinch flats and flats

Wether the width will fit the frame is another thing the knobs on the side of the tire slightly caught my echo control on a very buckled rim.....

Have a look at the tyres on tartybikes, they have a good selection!

Maxxis are pretty much the best, maybe look at something around 2.3 wide, will definately fit your frame and save some weigh over a 2.5 version :)

Edited by leedstrials

I've been thinking of getting one of these tyers, is the wear rate on them good ? ... are they dual ply ?

There's two compounds called Guey Gluey (which is the softer compound) and ORC (which is the harder compound) i think.I've ran the Guey Gluey compound twice now, love it :D.My last one lasted me about 4-6 months, and this current Big Betty is begining to show signs of wear after about a month.They have awesome grip, and a much better feel to any tire i've used :turned:I have only ever pinched my tube once with these tires .At 2.4" it has a reasonable size, not too wide, not too narrow.It's the only tire i think i'm ever gonna use on the back, although i am also using my old one on the front for a bit....Also they are light at around 800-900g :-

I haven't heard of many other people use them, but in my opinion they are an awesome tire :)(Y)

Nobody use try-alls? I think if i ever ride my stock bike enough to bald the tires i will invest in a pair of try-alls for it....currently using some maxxis thing and it has the pinch protection of something with sh*t pinch protection.

zoo baby!

i rode maxxis tyres for a couple of years... then i got a set of try all tyres a couple of weeks back and the grip is amazing... they do wear down faster than maxxis though... but the grip is better than any maxxis i have used... and the pinch protection is good aswell.

I had a rear try-all, I remember using it in a stream and the grip was amazing! However I found the profile too round and they folded and pinched more than the maxxis tyres I have used this was on a 38mm rim though...on a try-all rim I recken it will be a better tyre.. Still good tyres though, cant really go wrong with either try-all or maxxis

i rode maxxis tyres for a couple of years... then i got a set of try all tyres a couple of weeks back and the grip is amazing... they do wear down faster than maxxis though... but the grip is better than any maxxis i have used... and the pinch protection is good aswell.

really? i find my maxxis grips far better than try alls. i have a rear minion slow reezay and its far better than the tryall in terms of grip and puncture resistance. tryalls are nice tyres still but id say maxxis are better

i wish that IRC made the 'El Gato' without that red sidewall...

an all-black version would sell way more - i loved my old E.G. but that sidewall will look shite with my new bike, so i'm gonna be getting a 2.5 super tacky Minion (on the advice of a good friend)